NUFC v Tottenham Hotspur

janu

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

............................................. and Pattison though.

Out of it totally the kid,overweight and can't pass piss & wobbles like a weeble

Going by the commentaor's mention of names during the plays you'd have thought Pattison wasn't even there, I think his name was mentioned once in the second half. He just hasn't got it!

To be fair watching it on TV you would have seen he did more of a defensive job. I think he was asked to double up with Hunty on Chimpbonda and Lennon

Defensively he was sound. He wasnt required to go forward. Milner was shocking but even he did his job at the back.

Milner was hungry for the ball and wanted it more than Pattison did,as when pattison recieves it it's like holding a hot potatoe,he looks really under pressure when it's at his feet,ok he is trying to make his mark in the game,but!not for me he won't!He's an overweight liability and we were very lucky this time.Loosing those shoulders and relax a bit Matty son.

Hungry for the ball. Who the fuck are you? John Motson? :secret:

He did fuck all with it thats the problem. He worked and i will credit him for that but he simply isnt good enough if we aspire to be a top club. In the meantime if he could buy some soap and learn to cross a ball I would be happier. :unsure:

Poster on the spurs forum

Fair do's Chimbonda probably shouldve gone...

But that was one of the most cynical and dirtiest fouls ive seen for years in the premiership...

In Italy and Spain you expect it but not the premiership....hope the talentless geordie hasnt injured lennon as he waas limping after the decapitation attempt

Talking about Huntington on lennon, dirtiest fouls he has seen for years in the premiership :blink::secret:B):hump::hump::lol::lol::unsure:

Yeah theres a couple of them bleating on about it. It was very simple, he knew Lennon was past him and did what 9 out of 10 defenders would do and fouled him. He knew it was a yellow as did the ref and everyone who has any knowledge of football, which of course rules out most Spurs fans.

A cynical (professional) foul. I just knew Papa L. would like it. I wasn't too sure about the position where it was given away, but I actually liked the way how was Hunty doing it and reacting afterwards. Fully aware of what he was doing tbh.

I was expecting a defeat today, given Spurs' decent home record.

They should have won it, with all their domination and control of the game, but they wasted quite a few chances. We stood up fairly well to them, and never gave up. We had a lot fewer chances, but did better with them when they came along.

I thought Martins was brilliant today.

Was driving home with 606 on and that amount of bitter Spuds fans ringing up demanding Martin Jol's head was unbelievable :unsure:

Great result and good to see that the hatred towards Nicky Butt seems to have been consigned to history. He's put in some bloody good performances this season and hopefully has erased the memory of Cardiff 2005 for those who wanted him out.

But that was one of the most cynical and dirtiest fouls ive seen for years in the premiership...

In Italy and Spain you expect it but not the premiership....hope the talentless geordie hasnt injured lennon as he waas limping after the decapitation attempt

Talking about Huntington on lennon, dirtiest fouls he has seen for years in the premiership :blink::secret:B):hump::hump::lol::lol::unsure:

Since when have people from Carlisle been Geordies?

It wasn't that bad. It was a foul - definitely. No argument on that one, but howay, that lad mustn't have seen much football if he's saying its the worst he's seen......

Was driving home with 606 on and that amount of bitter Spuds fans ringing up demanding Martin Jol's head was unbelievable :unsure:

Great result and good to see that the hatred towards Nicky Butt seems to have been consigned to history. He's put in some bloody good performances this season and hopefully has erased the memory of Cardiff 2005 for those who wanted him out.

My nephew is still not prepared to forgive, but he is an unreasonable bastard.

Yeah theres a couple of them bleating on about it. It was very simple, he knew Lennon was past him and did what 9 out of 10 defenders would do and fouled him. He knew it was a yellow as did the ref and everyone who has any knowledge of football, which of course rules out most Spurs fans.

A cynical (professional) foul. I just knew Papa L. would like it. I wasn't too sure about the position where it was given away, but I actually liked the way how was Hunty doing it and reacting afterwards. Fully aware of what he was doing tbh.

Yes, it was my kind of foul, the sort that have to be done if you want to win games, and then its up to the ref to punish them, which he did correctly.

Nobby is also excellent at the old cynical foul, usually near the half way line to stop certain breaks!

What a bloody great win!

I did a gig of delight ala Bobby in my lounge room when the full time whistle went. I was just counting down the time... slowly.

Martins, scorcher!

Butt was good so was Dyer.

Pattison im still unsure.

Spurs are pathetic. Well done to our "youth team" as the commentators called it!

One thing we can thank our last three managers for, is great strength in depth in the midfield and up-front. To score 5 goals against Man U & Spurs without 6 forward players, 4 who would probably start, is excellent.

Ssshh you'll set Leazes off.

Anyone read the write up in The Sun?

:unsure:

:secret:B):hump: The Writter Mark Irwin is clearly a one eyed Spurs fan! Saying Butt shoulden't have been on the field to score the winner :hump::lol: !!...and not even metioning that Chimbonda was the one who should have been sent off for the initial slap!! Not to mention De foe's goal being clearly offside! Spurs did have the better performance and the better of the play/chances, but big time rode their luck getting the benefit of two massive inncorect decisions which if given correctly would have surely changed the game in our favour! I remember that Steve Bennett seems very anti toon, wasn't he the one who outrageously sent Jenas off while playing for the TOON, for winning the ball against Arsenal?

Edited by TOPTOON

:secret:B):hump: The Writter Mark Irwin is clearly a one eyed Spurs fan! Saying Butt shoulden't have been on the field to score the winner :hump::lol: !!...and not even metioning that Chimbonda was the one who should have been sent off for the initial slap!! Not to mention De foe's goal being clearly offside! Spurs did have the better performance and the better of the play/chances, but big time rode their luck getting the benefit of two massive inncorect decisions which if given correctly would have surely changed the game in our favour! I remember that Steve Bennett seems very anti toon, wasn't he the one who outrageously sent Jenas off while playing for the TOON, for winning the ball against Arsenal?

I remember that, it wasn't even a foul. :lol:

Butt given a 4 on the player ratings ffs! Ditto Dyer! :secret:

I also love the way Butt "received a slap across the face" for his troubles (apparently the hand didnt belong to anyone/the owner of the hand is irrelevant), yet his response was "an angry shove on Chimbonda" who then "wisely beat a hasty retreat"

Anyone who buys the Sun seriously wants their heed examining.