3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

I agree that the coverage has been a bit OTT and again, it's something that is too reminiscant of the Soham case.

It could do with someone coming out and asking the press to leave it alone for a while, but you can understand that they'll see coverage as a positive thing in finding her.

Speculation is one thing, but some of the comments on here can be considered libellous. I think we run a pretty loose ship with what's allowed and not allowed on here, but some comments are getting to close to the bone for my liking.

The comments about the mother being behind this were outrageous tbf. And the Everton shirt one was moronic.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As though a live link-up to the place she went missing days afterwards does anything or adds anything to the report.

Aye, this is what fucks me off. Sky, the beeb, GM-fuckin-TV all with the main anchors standing outside the hotel. Pointless and intrusive.

GMTV are the fucking root of these - I remember when the did one at Kensington Palace the morning Diana died interviewing Joe Public about it, most of who turned round and said "oh, is she dead, what happened?"

Very pointless, very intrusive and very costly - what are they getting by standing there that they can't get from being in a studio in the UK?

I don't really want to hear about it all now tbh, there's nothing anyone can practically do, it's just mass hysteria.

The Soham case was mad, with a minutes silence at football matches. This actually started a fight in a pub I watched the ManU match in.

The comments about the mother being behind this were outrageous tbf. And the Everton shirt one was moronic.

I would just like to distance myself from that comment, I was purely pointing out what Sima would have been getting at and in no way inferring it was my view.

If they had been scouse though then that would have been another matter altogether :lol:

I haven't read the whole thread but am I right in assuming people are utterly monging out about them being left?

If so, a couple of my friends have kids and they carelessly leave them on their own for about 7 hours every night. So carelessly asleep.

Absolutely nothing wrong with their plan, going back every 30 minutes/1 hour to check on them.

Edited by Sima

I haven't read the whole thread but am I right in assuming people are utterly monging out about them being left?

If so, a couple of my friends have kids and they carelessly leave them on their own for about 7 hours every night. So carelessly asleep.

Absolutely nothing wrong with their plan, going back every 30 minutes/1 hour to check on them.

In your opinion?

I think it is very wrong leaving children alone of that age, especillay in a foriegn country.

Must have a big fucking house if their 40 yards away, and in a foreign country.

I'll give you the microchips joke though you twat :lol:

I take it no one has seen the news that they are searching the house of a british man 150 yards from the hotel room. The same bloke that has been helping with the translating for sky news.

Someone said at the start of this thread they should be looking at brits in the resort. good call

Difference being if they were in the next room they probably would have heard the window being jemmied open and the lassie screaming.

My guess is its someone in the complex - someone who had seen her and knew the parents well enough (if only by sight) to notice they were on the piss and just checking every so often

I'd start by running the names of everyone there through the BRITISH police computer ..............

top marks to Rob

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6655907.stm

Guest Toplass-101

I take it no one has seen the news that they are searching the house of a british man 150 yards from the hotel room. The same bloke that has been helping with the translating for sky news.

Someone said at the start of this thread they should be looking at brits in the resort. good call

Just read that...

The home of a British man is being searched by police looking for missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal on May 3.

The man, Robert Murat, has been taken to a police station.

His mother has told Sky News that he has not been arrested. She said no trace of Madeleine had been found at the villa.

Portuguese police said that more than one person was being questioned but that no one had been formally arrested.

The property is just 150 yards from the apartment where Madeleine's family were staying, in the southern Portuguese resort of Praia Da Luz.

The house, known as Casa Liliana, was sealed off with tape by police while men in white suits and masks began a search inside. They are believed to have drained the villa's swimming pool.

Police guards were on the doors outside.

Sky News Correspondent Ian Woods said the property being searched belonged to British woman Jennifer Murat and her son Robert Murat.

Mr Murat has been assisting journalists in their coverage of the disappearance of the four-year-old British girl.

He was pictured on Sky News during the search for Madeleine wearing a light-coloured shirt and dark glasses. Sunday Mirror journalist Lori Campbell alerted police over her suspicions about him.

Woods said: "Robert Murat has been very well known to the media from day one because I have been asking for anyone who was a good Portuguese speaker to come to the scene.

"He had been acting for three or four days as an interpreter and a go-between with the police."

Woods added that Mr Murat had joked about how he had become the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

Still missing: Madeleine McCannMs Campbell told Sky: "It was just very reminiscent of the Soham murders, that was my first thought. He was hanging around, asking us questions and maybe trying to find out what we knew."

She said that when she alerted Portuguese police that a man had raised her suspicions, they said "we know who you are talking about" before she had mentioned his name.

Mr Murat is believed to have a good relationship with local police and has been seen laughing and joking with them. He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine.

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt described how he had spoken to Mr Murat's mother about the search..

Brunt said: "She's obviously very shaken. She says her son hasn't been arrested but has been taken to the main police station."

She said that no trace of Madeleine had been found and that she expected police to make a statement confirming this.

Gaynor De Jesus, who has been working as a translator for Sky News, went to school with Mr Murat and played with him as a child, but had not seen him for years until last week.

She said: "I do know that he has been the official translator for the police. All witness accounts, everything that's been coming into them, he has had first-hand information."

Edited by Toplass-101

Sounds scarily similar to the soham murders. It should become protocol in situations like this to keep a close eye on the people surrounding the case from the start, anyone taking a keen interest etc.

Sounds scarily similar to the soham murders. It should become protocol in situations like this to keep a close eye on the people surrounding the case from the start, anyone taking a keen interest etc.

Aye, anyone posting who to look out for on football forums ;)

Its sad tho, hope the little girl is ok and she can go home

The bloke was questioned simply because he was hanging around. The reason he's been hanging around? He was translating for the police in the early days of the inquiry. This will come to nothing, it was just some daft journo trying to be Cracker.

A rag journalist trying to play Columbo ffs. Red herring, a local weirdo but nothing more I reckon. Fucking media need to fuck off now like.

Never a truer word spoken. The Police will actually get less done with the media breathing down their neck than they would if they were left to it. The Police got a slagging for seemingly doing nothing and I bet if this turns out to be a wild goose chase the police will get a slagging for that too.

As sad as it is i'm actually sick of seeing this poor girls face plastered over every TV screen when nothing of note has been going on. Some of the coverage has been ridiculous. You can only push a story without any developments so far before people start swithing off.

I hope she turns up safe and I hope the media show some compassion and do one.

Difference being if they were in the next room they probably would have heard the window being jemmied open and the lassie screaming.

You mean like that 6 year old who got abducted from her own bath in Blyth or North Shields?

You mean like that 6 year old who got abducted from her own bath in Blyth or North Shields?

correct me if I am wrong ( and I am sure you will) but did I not read somewhere that the police could find no signs of a forced entry into the apartment ??