Toon in for Gudjohnsen and Edmilson

Smooth Operator

Well, if we do sign Gudjohnsson, I'd imagine that would probably mean that there's going to be a striker leaving SJP. Martins maybe.

Does anyone here give a fuck about any of our players? Serious question btw.

Is there any player currently at the club, who, if they left; you'd be sad to see go?

Personally maybe Taylor, Given. Martins/Zog at a push. Parker was one. Fat Sam could probably replace the entire squad and I couldn't care less.

Losing the likes of Shearer, Speed, Lee, even players like Beresford, Watson who always seemed to care about the club and were very important in their time here.

Anybody else have any?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would quite possibly cum in my pants right here at work is this comes off.

Not that I'm in favour of signing injured players.

...but soiling yourself at work is okay? :unsure:

:huh:

Is Kenny S. really still doing business for Newcastle?

Apparently so.

Gudjohnsson would be a strange signing if Martins or Owen left, too similar to Viduka IMO, unless Allardyce plans on playing him as an attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1. :unsure:

I thought we got rid of all the nepotism...

Viduka and Gudjonsson similar? :huh:

Good hold up men with great link up play, neither possess any sort of pace.

Wouldn't work IMO.

I've never seen Gudjonsson as a player who holds up the ball a lot, rather one who comes from the second row and runs at players. His pace isn't great but not that bad. Two players who have very little in common imho. ;)<_<:D<_<:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Gudjohnsen runs at players? :blink:

When he's played at Barca he plays at the head of their 4-2-3-1 formation where he holds the ball up for the likes of Messi and Ronaldinho to attack, his last season at Chelsea was mostly spent in midfield where his link up play between attack and midfield was excellent.

Where you get the opinion that he comes from the second row and runs at players I'm not sure.

Because this has been his style of play through most of his career imho? Even at the (very few) Barca games I saw, he wasn't the classic holding centre forward in the mould of Viduka.

Are there really more people who think that Gudjohnsen and Viduka are similar players? :unsure:

I've always though Gudjohnson was a penalty box striker and not like Viduka at all.

Edited by snakehips

Is this a serious question, as in someone has their username as Martin Jol?

Or..?

The bloke from Newcastle Online, he's mate's with Stevie off here I think.

Nah, never heard of him.

Don't worry about it, he talks a load of shite when it comes to 'ITK' info.

Of course, when Stevie, Rocker and I pointed this out a while ago, this was pooh-poohed and Jol was STAUNCHLY DEFENDED, until it became clear that he really did talk a load of shit, several months later.

Gold star for YOU.

I'd be disappointed if Shay, Nobby, Taylor or N'Zogbia left. Probably Harper as well just because I think he's a fan as well.

The rest can fuck right off for all I care.

(Milner is ok but don't really rate him as a player.)

Well, if we do sign Gudjohnsson, I'd imagine that would probably mean that there's going to be a striker leaving SJP. Martins maybe.

Is there any player currently at the club, who, if they left; you'd be sad to see go?

Personally maybe Taylor, Given. Martins/Zog at a push. Parker was one. Fat Sam could probably replace the entire squad and I couldn't care less.

Losing the likes of Shearer, Speed, Lee, even players like Beresford, Watson who always seemed to care about the club and were very important in their time here.

Anybody else have any?

Solano. :unsure:

Or..?

Nah, never heard of him.

Of course, when Stevie, Rocker and I pointed this out a while ago, this was pooh-poohed and Jol was STAUNCHLY DEFENDED, until it became clear that he really did talk a load of shit, several months later.

Of course, when the whole forum pointed out to you a while ago that Roeder was completely out of his depth and was still STAUNCHLY DEFENDED by you, it became clear that you really did talk a load of shit. :unsure:

Anybody else have any?

Solano. :unsure:

I hear he rates you as a supporter as well :huh:

gudjohnsesn would be class alongside owen or martins. i'm not convinced he'd make the best pairing with viduka though. not a lot of pace in that partnership

I can't say I've seen much of Edmilson, is he any good?

Aye. Might struggle a bit physically at centre-half in the PL though he could play just in front of the back 4 too.

From .com

Ed balls

Thursday's Chronicle led with a back page claiming that United "have made an ambitious move for Barcelona's Brazilian defender Edmilson" - accompanied by a front page pic of the player in his famous yellow strip.

However a cursory run through the tale puts it firmly into 'drivel' status.

It's correctly stated that the player isn't in the Brazil squad currently competing in the Copa America, but his omission is unexplained.

In fact Edmilson underwent his third operation in as many years on his troublesome right knee earlier this week - which will sideline him for six months.

That recovery though will take place while he's still a Barcelona player - as his contract doesn't expire on Saturday as the paper claims.

When he does leave though, the chances of a move to SJP wouldn't appear great - with another Primera Liga club, a Brazilian outfit or a side somewhere else in Europe offering realistic domestic title aspirations & European football.

Rather than becoming the third Brazilian to play for us after Mirandinha and Fumaca, Edmilson looks more like another fake transfer tale from that country - following in the non-footsteps of Socrates, Klerberson, Rivaldo, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho.

Guest Patrokles

Or..?

Nah, never heard of him.

Of course, when the whole forum pointed out to you a while ago that Roeder was completely out of his depth and was still STAUNCHLY DEFENDED by you, it became clear that you really did talk a load of shit. :unsure:

What happened to Swiss neutrality?

Besides, I didn't actually defend Roeder as manager, I simply felt that it was unecessary to trot out the same carbon-copy responses whenever he had any quotes printed whatsoever, regardless of their content.

There's also a massive difference between opinion and fact. It's a fact that Martin Jol was lying to everyone although they remained happy to jizz over him. Whether Roeder's treatment by some was fair or not is a matter for conjecture.

Edited by Patrokles

Besides, I didn't actually defend Roeder as manager, I simply felt that it was unecessary to trot out the same carbon-copy responses whenever he had any quotes printed whatsoever, regardless of their content.

"Glenn Roeder doesn't need people who want to help Glenn Roeder"

Guest Patrokles

I think you did defend him at times like Pat. When you weren't sitting on the fence :unsure:

I defended him when his position was defendable. Devil's Advocate, innit. I still think that there were things he did right, or at least tried to.