José Enrique

Baggio

Does everyone think Capdevilla is shit? I haven't seen enough of him recently to comment.

not shit, just not great. reckon enrique would be a good understudy... Capdevilla's old. but a world cup and european champion. say what you want but thats the mark of a very good player. for his country.....

Edited by canofbeans

His previous attacking exploits were on the back of Jonas taking the ball and drawing the defender leaving Jose to run by to collect. Jonas hasn't been doing this of late which has hindered Jose pushing on.

As I said in the OP ;)

Then you should've made a thread about Jonas then. You made this one as you knew people would be annoyed then you could tell everyone they agree with you. You know nothing about football. Havn't you got some driving to be doing?

You're a cock, a taity picker and a craicless wum. Are you not embarrassed that everyone thinks you're clueless. You make no mention of how the game works. I mean I've actually taught you something by telling you how a full back shouldn't go down on his arse.

:D What a tit.

Was me who did the educating initially Mac.

CT which Spanish left back would you say is better than Enrique?

As a shutdown/defensive leftback........... no-one.

He's far and away a better more classy player than Crapdevilla. I'll liken Capdevilla to Glen Johnson at Liverpool. A full back who can't defend. Capdevillas main assetts his attacking play but that's only in the Spanish side.

He must be about 32 or something now I'd say and from what I've heard from my mate in Galicia is that the fans want Enrique in the squad.

Ridiculouus arguing how good he is or that he's 'waining'.

Think back over past left backs to realise how good we've got it. Names like Aaron Hughes and Olivier Bernard come up and although they were decent, Jose's on another stratosphere to them.

Was me who did the educating initially Mac.

CT which Spanish left back would you say is better than Enrique?

He openly admits he doesnt watch any other football other than the Toon (dont laugh) so dont hold your breath .

SuperStock_1598R-9956412.jpg

"While you're there though mate, do you know any Spanish left backs?"

Does everyone think Capdevilla is shit? I haven't seen enough of him recently to comment.

not shit, just not great. reckon enrique would be a good understudy... Capdevilla's old. but a world cup and european champion. say what you want but thats the mark of a very good player. for his country.....

He's no Asier del horno! :icon_lol:

I hate to say this but i feel he deserves to be playing with a more ambitious team but i would never want him to leave. He is one of the few players at Newcastle who gives me genuine pleasure watching. He has the quality to play for one of the top 4 teams in England (Man city not Liverpool) and arguably in the spain squad too. He stuck with us through the championship and has shown what a true professional he is. But it would be sad to think that a player with such great ability never gets the chance to play in Europe at his prime, which is where he is at now. Outside Newcastle, if you ask a neutral what they think, they wont have the slightest. Thats why commentators are always suprised at how well he plays. We see him do that week in, week out and he sticks out like a sore thumb playing with the likes of Best, Lovendkrands and co. It would kill me if he ever plays in another clubs shirt, so i really hope he stays, more so than carroll but I can guarantee his career will end with him not getting the recognition he deserves, which is the sad but sorry truth. :icon_lol:

Shut up TBH.

This.

The whole 'we are not worthy' thing is just bollocks. Not all good players in good form are going to be sold to a bigger club. Cut the self-pity.

All the top teams in England have established left backs who are perceived to be as good, if not better, than Enrique.

Arsenal - Clichy

Chelsea - Cole

Man Utd - Evra

Unless some of them shift, they won't be bidding for him. He's not enough of a trophy signing for Man Shitty to buy him.

Liverpool and Tottenham could bid for him; the most likely of the two being Spurs, as Liverpool are only spending money they generate - ie from the Torres sale. So the threat of him being poached by the top 4 in England isn't too high imo. Top sides from outside of England, well that's a different matter.

Not better than Clichy, Cole or Evra.

Hes a better defender than clichy. Clichy plays with a very talented sqaud and they retain the ball which means less defending. He also has more opportunities and freedom to attack. If Enrique played for Arsenal, clichy would be warming the bench and Arsenal would concede less. Fact.

I think judging Enrique on a performance against a shit Blackburn team, where he was up against Salgado - who is about 52 - is daft. If you look at his performances over the season, he's clearly been on the wain (ok that's a joke, but the first sentence is sincere).

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

More likely than not that he'll be away. Shame, but we've got nothing that would be worth him staying for.

Surely not, Ashley's 5 year plan ofcourse?

Edited by Flair