Souness Has A Pop At Toon Fans

Tooj

4 hours ago, NJS said:

I agree with him on stats to a  extent - they're useful as info and as guidelines but they aren't the be all and end all to "success". 

9/10 of good stats means the player is bang on form, and you want in form players starting games :icon_lol:

It's not fucking rocket science Graeme.

9 hours ago, NJS said:

I agree with him on stats to a  extent - they're useful as info and as guidelines but they aren't the be all and end all to "success". 

They're the be all and end all in the right context.  So basically never.

11 hours ago, NJS said:

You get the sense he dismisses it altogether though. Probably on the basis Shanks/Jock Stein didn't need this nampy pamby bollocks.

On 25/10/2017 at 10:59 PM, McFaul said:

Souness played a huge part in Newcastle becoming a relic of the club we should be. I was delighted when he was shown the door. The only time I didn't show any emotion at a Newcastle goal, was when Lee Clark put a last minute equaliser against Boro giving that twat another week.

That was weird like. Don’t think I’ve ever had such mixed emotions over a goal

On 10/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, NJS said:

Aye, but it's not as binary as he makes out. The managers who use analysts and go into the minutiae of everything aren't ignoring the importance of hard work, personalities, and so on. Souness' issue is that he doesn't get it. He talks about Gross not providing many assists, but how many assists has Shelvey this year? He's vital to our side, how we attack and so on. It's myopic to disregard him. Also, if Ritchie is putting 18 great crosses a game, but Joselu can't hit the back of the net, it's daft to gauge Ritchie's competence by the number of assists.

The man is a dinosaur.

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Apparently this prick has had another dig at us, this time in the Mirror,  which has lead to guess who? getting involved :lol: 

Imagine taking a side that come top 5 the prior 3 seasons and fucking it up so badly you finish 14th :lol:. That’s not fans demanding success too much that’s just called being a complete fucking failure. 

I'm not having that "typical Jock" comment I noticed somewhere earlier in this thread. He's a tory cunt and a total embarrassment to Scotland since he stopped playing and started talking. 

If he wasn't such a colossal bellend I'd at least give him credit for signing Mo Johnston at Rangers but its clear now it was never about breaking down barriers or bridging divides and all about his ego. Just a flaccid cock trying too hard to prove it still has some balls. 

• Haha 4