Ipswich close in on Ameobi deal

Jimbo

Great job finding the original photo though! :D

Mrs W:

Wacky, wtf have you been doing? Why were you googling "black man leotard" earlier?

have a word with yourself fella, theres no fucking way thats a fella in the original picture........unless theres something you want to share with us?

What sort of 'ladies' have you been knocking round with?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job finding the original photo though! :D

Mrs W:

Wacky, wtf have you been doing? Why were you googling "black man leotard" earlier?

have a word with yourself fella, theres no fucking way thats a fella in the original picture........unless theres something you want to share with us?

What sort of 'ladies' have you been knocking round with?

theres no way thats a bird, what's he done, strapped his cock between his ass checks and that isnt a camel toe its actually his testicles hanging either side?

Shit the bed :angry:

NEWCASTLE United’s summer recruitment plans suffered a blow yesterday when striker Shola Ameobi failed a medical at Ipswich Town.

The Tractor Boys had agreed to pay £2.5m for the 26-year-old striker but the move has been put on hold after Ameobi’s two-day examination highlighted a hamstring problem.

The news is bad for Newcastle, who had hoped to use his departure to subsidise the three signings they plan to make before the month is out – and extremely embarrassing for Ipswich, who hours earlier announced a deal was imminent.

Ipswich have not abandoned all hope of signing the former England Under-21s international but do not expect him to recover before the transfer window – which has been moved back to midnight on September 1 – closes.

The club’s official website said they would be “exploring other options with Newcastle”. Football League clubs are able to sign players on loan outside of the transfer window and the Suffolk club are likely to propose a loan until Christmas, probably with a commitment to sign Ameobi permanently in January.

If that is the case, the Magpies will probably want a cast-iron guarantee that the deal will go ahead. Ameobi was loaned to Stoke City late last season and United thought the Potters would make the move permanent at the end of the campaign. But the Potters backed out when it became clear Ameobi had not settled as they hoped. It proved costly as Stoke had promised to pay around £4m – considerably more than any of his other suitors.

Ameobi injured his hamstring in pre-season against Hertha Berlin in the Mallorca Summer Cup and has not featured since. The Championship side erred on the side of caution having re-signed Shefki Kuqi on loan in March, only for the striker to injure his hamstring on his second debut.

Quite what effect the stalled deal will have on Newcastle’s spending remains to be seen. Nobody has officially said Kevin Keegan must sell before he can buy but the fact Ameobi and Alan Smith are likely to be sold from a squad already light on numbers – when Keegan has been extremely vocal on the need to keep the latter – suggests there is pressure to bring in some money to at least partly offset arrivals.

Anything that comes in for Ameobi is now unlikely to do so until mid-September at the earliest.

Rumours persist of a loan for Real Madrid playmaker Javier Saviola. Like Jonás Gutiérrez and Fabricio Coloccini, Saviola is an Argentina international.

The 26-year-old moved to the Bernabeu on a free transfer from Barcelona 12 months ago but has made just nine appearances for Madrid. AZ Alkmaar’s £6m-rated Belgian left-back Sebastian Pocognoli has also been linked.

Meanwhile, winger Gutiérrez hopes Newcastle laid down a marker at Old Trafford last week – but warned their good work will be wasted if they do not follow it with three points at home to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

Gutierrez made an impressive debut in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United but felt the team’s display was more significant.

“It will give us confidence, especially if we win the next match,” he said.

“We need to play well at home next week, but this point is a great start and hopefully we have shown people how we can play.

“It was so important to get a point at Old Trafford because it is such a difficult place to play. They won the last title so for us it is a very good point.

“It was very quick. The pace was so quick and it was throughout the whole match.”

United centre-back Steven Taylor has declared himself fit for Saturday’s game – despite pulling out of the England Under-21s side which beat Slovenia 2-1 last night. “I had a scan on my ankle and there’s nothing broken or anything like that,” he said. “I should be back in training in the next couple of days and I’ll be ready for Bolton.”

Guest Stevie
Why cant the football club just terminate his contract?

Even though it might be bollocks, one of the headlines today, is Shola Collapse Effects Keegan Budget. I knew in my heart of hearts he wasn't going to sign for Ipswich, and it's bugging the life out of me. At the end of the day he's not going to sign before the window closes is he? So we've lost £2.25m. That's gone. In January he can negotiate his own deal and go on a free in the summer, so why the fuck don't we terminate his contract now. Pay him what he's due and be rid. He's really doing my head in now.

Even though it might be bollocks, one of the headlines today, is Shola Collapse Effects Keegan Budget. I knew in my heart of hearts he wasn't going to sign for Ipswich, and it's bugging the life out of me. At the end of the day he's not going to sign before the window closes is he? So we've lost £2.25m. That's gone. In January he can negotiate his own deal and go on a free in the summer, so why the fuck don't we terminate his contract now. Pay him what he's due and be rid. He's really doing my head in now.

I look at it the other way. Renew his contract so we get something when he goes, he won't earn £2.25M between now and January.

And if we don't he's better/cheaper cover than Smith.

I'm not sure he's decent anything these days. Like the Bramble situation, he either goes now / January or goes next summer. No way should he get a new contract. Arguing whether he's better than Smith or whatever is largely irrelevent imo because the days when we hang onto players who are (arguably) slightly better than the rest of the dross we may or may not have should be a thing of the past. Plus, the way his fitness record has been for about 3 seasons now, there's no guarantee he'll be ok to pass a medical come January/the summer.

Guest Stevie

I look at it the other way. Renew his contract

Good one.

I look at it the other way. Renew his contract so we get something when he goes, he won't earn £2.25M between now and January.

The trouble is then we'll probably be stuck with him for another 4 years. Not that I reckon he'd sign another contract, he'll be waiting to go to Barca on a Bosman *

* in his head, obviously

I'm not sure he's decent anything these days. Like the Bramble situation, he either goes now / January or goes next summer. No way should he get a new contract. Arguing whether he's better than Smith or whatever is largely irrelevent imo because the days when we hang onto players who are (arguably) slightly better than the rest of the dross we may or may not have should be a thing of the past. Plus, the way his fitness record has been for about 3 seasons now, there's no guarantee he'll be ok to pass a medical come January/the summer.

All valid points.

Unless he's a disruption in training or bringing the club into disrepute I see no reason to terminate his contract. He could go out on loan so we recoup some money. We could get a million in January.

My Kerazzzy suggestion was moot anyway as I'm certain he wouldn't sign any sort of contract with us at this point, given his stated desire to leave.

All valid points.

Unless he's a disruption in training or bringing the club into disrepute I see no reason to terminate his contract. He could go out on loan so we recoup some money. We could get a million in January.

My Kerazzzy suggestion was moot anyway as I'm certain he wouldn't sign any sort of contract with us at this point, given his stated desire to leave.

I wouldn't terminate his contract either as, like you say, going in January is a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last first team game for us even if he doesn't leave before his contract finishes though.

Agreed - either he fucks off to someone who wants him (regardless of whether it's Premiership or not) or he signs a new deal.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he had played up his injury on purpose. KK and Ashley probably gave him a bollocking for fucking so many teams about all summer and told he was leaving so he may as well get on with it.

He probably thinks if hes super shola over the next months hel get offered a new contract or a bigger team will be after him on a free.

Guest Stevie

Agreed - either he fucks off to someone who wants him (regardless of whether it's Premiership or not) or he signs a new deal.

Are you serious? Say we give him a 4 year deal on 25 grand a week, that would mean we're committing nearly £6m to him without any guarantee we'll ever shift the fucker. Just get rid now, end of story.

Bobby Robson's biggest mistake at NUFC was labelling Shola the future of the club, and rejecting Hoddle's £5m enquiry.

Guest Stevie
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he had played up his injury on purpose. KK and Ashley probably gave him a bollocking for fucking so many teams about all summer and told he was leaving so he may as well get on with it.

He probably thinks if hes super shola over the next months hel get offered a new contract or a bigger team will be after him on a free.

A rare good post from you.

I reckon his agent has told him PL teams want him, which is why he turned down all the Championship clubs all summer. Then, quel surprise, it gets to the end of August and no PL club wants him so he swallows his pride and goes to sign for the Championship club..then 'pulls' a hamstring. Fishier than Sharon Osbournes undercrakers.