iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

They really are like. Compare the specs of the Xperia Z with the iPhone 5 for instance, plus you can use it under water.

:lol: I'm struggling to think of very many situations when that would be of use.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I'm struggling to think of very many situations when that would be of use.

I'm guessing, seeing as it's Sony, it'll be for the camera....

Having had an iphone through work and a Galaxy S3 of my own for about a year, I quite easily come to the conclusion that I'd never pay for an iphone.

Got fantastic mail and calendar functionality but after that, it's pony.

Galaxy S3 is streets ahead.

Just about made my mind up to go with an S3... as you say for most kinds of media it seems to be well ahead of the iphone. Dont need work email or calender outside of the office.The screen obviously is the big thing, the lad I carshare with says hes had both and the battery life on the S3 is miles better than an iphone when playing music, android apps v apple store apps is irrelevent for me. Size was the only drawback but I've just slid one easily into my pocket (matron! :D)

Gonna go to 3 and ask if they'll do unlimited data on one, line rental should be cheaper because as mentioned the S4 is imminent.

not a fan of over-sized phones myself. have played with the nokia windows phones, the new sony phone and the galaxy and they all feel too large to me. even my iphone feels a bit too big in my trouser pocket . if anything i'd like the current trend to reverse. i don't need a larger screen for mobile browsing. got the ipad for that.

Big words from the Souness supporting male accountant there

the "so-called" accountant clearly spent too many years listening to know-nowt, bleeding heart, fancy dan lecturers.

It's blatantly clear Apple aren't the innovators they once were, are you seriously disputing this?

I laughed when the head of mobile phones at Samsung (ex-head of air conditioning, long career in their life insurance division, then finished his training in their Machine tools business) saying, yes, Samsung had a watch in development. Definitely. They couldnt tell us any details but they definitely had one. No one in the supply chain knows anything about this but they definitely have plans for one. As soon as the first prototype iWatches with their ergonomic glass wrists come out, they will tell us all about it.

Honestly Renton, you talk through your ring-piece when it comes to tech.

I'd get the LG Nexus 4 if I was changing phone.

Had mine since Christmas now and it's a fucking beauty like.

One complaint is sometimes the Bluetooth locks in the off position still, even though they said it was sorted in the last update. A restart sorts it out though. And you save much more time with NFC tags than you lose with restarting once every few month.

I got an iPhone (4S) the other day after having a Sony Ericsson K800i since 2007 and using a borrowed K850i since last year. :blush:

I've found it surprisingly easy to adapt, I'm not usually very good with phones.

I laughed when the head of mobile phones at Samsung (ex-head of air conditioning, long career in their life insurance division, then finished his training in their Machine tools business) saying, yes, Samsung had a watch in development. Definitely. They couldnt tell us any details but they definitely had one. No one in the supply chain knows anything about this but they definitely have plans for one. As soon as the first prototype iWatches with their ergonomic glass wrists come out, they will tell us all about it.

Honestly Renton, you talk through your ring-piece when it comes to tech.

This is a somewhat surreal post, what am I missing? :unsure2:

I've mentioned this before but don't think it's been responded to, what do you think the effect of the loss of Jobs will be on Apple?

I've mentioned this before but don't think it's been responded to, what do you think the effect of the loss of Jobs will be on Apple?

They're positioning themselves to be less about innovation and more about suing the ass off everyone - that's why they've released the same phone 5 times. This won't last and they'll end up as vilified as Microsoft did. Personally I don't understand the hype. I've had both, Android is better if you know what you're doing with it and costs half as much. Same as iMac, I've really never got why people were willing to pay an extra £400 for them just because there's an apple sticker on it.

No one infringed Apple's copyright, HTC produced smartphones before Apple got anywhere near them. HTC are from Taiwan though so the American legal system shat all over them.

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: wouldn't shut up about how much better android was a year ago.

Much like you now?

You know you're a bit of a cock when even I, Mr bordering on autistic I see that many things in black and white, change my opinions before you.

Samsung have just made statement about their new watch. Everyone knows Apple have been developing one for a while. When i posted the first thread on here about the iPad, people scoffed at the idea i presented that laptops were dead. Wearing your device sounds a bit odd right now but with Apple's amazing design teams, who knows. These Google glasses sound like a step too far for now, Larry's idea about everyone one day having the google chip is just plain fucking creepy but what do i know?

Much like you now?

You know you're a bit of a cock when even I, Mr bordering on autistic I see that many things in black and white, change my opinions before you.

Post makes no sense.

Jobs was an arsehole who created a snidey corportate culture. Like all successful business, Apple had well designed products, great pricing strategies and excellent marketing. These are the cornerstones of business success in every sector.

As Rayvin points out, they released the same phone 5 times and it was a copy, so what was so innovative about the Jobs era? I'd argue loads but people who dislike Apple say the iPhone and the iPad were not real innovations. I scoff at their utter lack of business understanding.

The share price on the other hand is a personal embarrassment.