Thats a bit shit, the OS 4 does nothing for the touch!! no folders, no books, no abiltiy to change background etc. :jester:

just found a hack to jb the 3g with os4.o will try it tonight, liking the folders but not liking the fact i lost my jb

Thats a bit shit, the OS 4 does nothing for the touch!! no folders, no books, no abiltiy to change background etc. :jester:

What gen touch have you got? I thought some of the features (folders definitely) would work for the 2nd and 3rd gen touches. Multi-tasking won't work on the 2nd gen, but should on the 3rd.

Anyone else having really slow backups might find this site helpful.

http://www.modyouri.com/os-x-daily-feed/12...one-backup.html

Followed most of the advice on here. IE copied pictures to computer, deleted off the phone and did a factory restore which updates to os4

Copied music and photos back on and it now syncs and backs up like shit off a stick.

What gen touch have you got? I thought some of the features (folders definitely) would work for the 2nd and 3rd gen touches. Multi-tasking won't work on the 2nd gen, but should on the 3rd.

3rd Gen. Multi tasking was restricted to iphone 3GS and iphone4. The only thing that's different is the appearance. It looks more hi-tech'ish the layout. Nothing else different :/

I see there is an official nufc app, £2.99 some shitty wallpapers, highlight videos from last season and last seasons results.....

....keep your money !

A man who flew from Dubai and queued on a London street for 32 hours to be the first in line to buy the new iPhone 4 had his efforts dashed when Apple allowed internet pre-order customers ahead of him.

Alex Lee, 27, who headed a 500-strong queue outside the Regent Street store on Thursday morning, said he would write to Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Asked why he was not first to enter the store, Mr Lee said: "I don't have an answer because I've been queuing here for a lot longer than everybody else."

He added: "I can't do anything about it. If you don't like what you've seen, s.jobs@apple.com is a quick way of getting hold of somebody up in management."

Instead, the first person to buy the new iPhone 4 was 23-year-old graduate Ben Paton, from Stoke-on-Trent, who had queued for 16 hours.

Mr Paton said he felt embarrassed and even asked Apple staff if he could wait his turn.

But with the new handset in his hands, and Apple staff whooping and cheering as he descended the shop's glass steps, he described the feeling as "absolutely incredible, amazing. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd love to do it again".

If Mr Lee had registered on Apple's Reserve and Pick Up website, he would have avoided the disappointment. But despite missing the chance to be first, the dedicated Apple fan insisted his marathon wait was worthwhile.

He said: "It's so thin, maybe five or six credit cards thick - it's amazing. Absolutely worth it, every second of it."

Apple's latest smartphone is slimmer and more powerful than its predecessor and features the new OS 4 operating system as standard, which makes multi-tasking third party apps possible for the first time.

Serves the sad cunt right ;)

A man who flew from Dubai and queued on a London street for 32 hours to be the first in line to buy the new iPhone 4 had his efforts dashed when Apple allowed internet pre-order customers ahead of him.

Alex Lee, 27, who headed a 500-strong queue outside the Regent Street store on Thursday morning, said he would write to Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Asked why he was not first to enter the store, Mr Lee said: "I don't have an answer because I've been queuing here for a lot longer than everybody else."

He added: "I can't do anything about it. If you don't like what you've seen, s.jobs@apple.com is a quick way of getting hold of somebody up in management."

Instead, the first person to buy the new iPhone 4 was 23-year-old graduate Ben Paton, from Stoke-on-Trent, who had queued for 16 hours.

Mr Paton said he felt embarrassed and even asked Apple staff if he could wait his turn.

But with the new handset in his hands, and Apple staff whooping and cheering as he descended the shop's glass steps, he described the feeling as "absolutely incredible, amazing. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd love to do it again".

If Mr Lee had registered on Apple's Reserve and Pick Up website, he would have avoided the disappointment. But despite missing the chance to be first, the dedicated Apple fan insisted his marathon wait was worthwhile.

He said: "It's so thin, maybe five or six credit cards thick - it's amazing. Absolutely worth it, every second of it."

Apple's latest smartphone is slimmer and more powerful than its predecessor and features the new OS 4 operating system as standard, which makes multi-tasking third party apps possible for the first time.

Serves the sad cunt right ;)

The thing where the Apple staff whoop and holler as these people buy their phones is fucking embarrassing. It's like mocking the afflicted.

Might be worth early adopters seeing if the reception is an issue. Beeb.

Lad I work with got one yesterday. Hadnt had this problem but he, and a couple of others I know, say that the reception has dramatically improved.

I'll be getting one, just once the panic has died down.

Serves the sad cunt right :icon_lol:

The thing where the Apple staff whoop and holler as these people buy their phones is fucking embarrassing. It's like mocking the afflicted.

The staff chant and cheer when you buy a phone? ;)

fucking hell... i'll order my next one online from o2 or whatever then, surely they don't get paid enough to make them agree to do that.

Might be worth early adopters seeing if the reception is an issue. Beeb.

Lad I work with got one yesterday. Hadnt had this problem but he, and a couple of others I know, say that the reception has dramatically improved.

I'll be getting one, just once the panic has died down.

Got mine yesterday and reception is great when it's sitting on the desk but drops to 1 bar when you hold it. No problem though as Steve Jobs has gone on record to say it's not an issue with the phone, it's the way people are holding it! :lol:

Don't know if anyone knows this already.......

Upgraded to os 4 the other day and when you go in to view the photos it now gives you the option to view by map.

Basically it brings up a map of great Britain with red pin heads on indicating where shouts in the country a photo was taken, even though I have never entered any location details for the photos!!!

It has my lake district photos all together, my Manchester ones etc etc.

Talk about big brother.

I'll get an iphone when i get a jab, no time soon.

you need a fookin jab! and a hook too :lol:

I'll get an iphone when i get a jab, no time soon.

you need a fookin jab! and a hook too :lol:

Mon then bigman. Slap the face a ye!

Upgraded to os 4 the other day and when you go in to view the photos it now gives you the option to view by map.

Basically it brings up a map of great Britain with red pin heads on indicating where shouts in the country a photo was taken, even though I have never entered any location details for the photos!!!

Talk about big brother.

Its called geotagging and many digital cameras do it automatically, most store image info called metadata basically photos are stored with a load of data such as the camera model, whether flash was used, ISO settings etc quite a bit is held though.

for instance ..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/elliequick/2124898606/meta/

Talk about big brother.

Thats not a new thing. When I imported my photos with the 3GS into iPhoto it did the same thing. Quite handy I find.