Newcastle United v Hull

peasepud

And while we had plenty of players missing we still had virtually our first choice midfield (Barton being the only exception and it's not like he's played a lot of games for us).

That team is shite, there's very few that we would get much money for at all and Ashley isn't going to put anything in. We are well and truely fucked and it's going to take a long time to recover.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A team full of no marks who play with no passion or pride, a 2 bit manager who still can't believe he's got this job and will do just about anything to hold onto it and a board and owner who are a laughing stock with no idea of how to run a football club.

Championship anyone?

think we'd last long in it? :devil:

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Just returned from a family birthday - did I miss something? To answer my question on my own: Apparently no. What a disgrace, we would have played Millwall in the next round and they lose to Phil bloody Brown's Hull fucking City.

Apalling performance. We're going down, no question

While that was an immensely shit performance I'd still like to think it's unlikely that we'd go down, there's still at least three teams worse than us.

How cold was it. Ower the moon when they scored. I was gonna have to go to the pub for extra time if it came down to it.

Anyway, we weren't as shit as is being made out. We were pretty shit like, but we had more than enough opportunities to be way ahead. Butt hit the Bar, Xisco blasted over from yards out, Owen clean through hit it at the keeper, then he headed over.

Did they have a clearcut chance apart from the goal?

To be honest It's probably just as well we went out.

It gives us more time to focus on the league and with 11 players injured it's not like we need the resources.

I doub't we will see another Portsmouth anyway so a lot of clubs are wasting their time.

Given

Bassong

NZogbia

Colo

Guthrie

Butt

Jonas

Duff

Owen

We were only Beye and Martins off being a full strength team playing hulls reserves at home.

N'Zogbia is not our first choice left full back. He's a shite left fullback when it comes to defending, and apparently he was the one beaten for the Hull goal. They've shown that all it takes to lose a match is one defensive slip-up, which is more than likely to come when you play a winger as a fullback. The longer that the game went at 0-0 the more confident Hull grew, and rightfully so.

Kinnear should have put a team of youngsters out there TBH.

Given

Bassong

NZogbia

Colo

Guthrie

Butt

Jonas

Duff

Owen

We were only Beye and Martins off being a full strength team playing hulls reserves at home.

N'Zogbia is not our first choice left full back. He's a shite left fullback when it comes to defending, and apparently he was the one beaten for the Hull goal. They've shown that all it takes to lose a match is one defensive slip-up, which is more than likely to come when you play a winger as a fullback. The longer that the game went at 0-0 the more confident Hull grew, and rightfully so.

True 'dat.

Assuming what's been reported is true, I wouldn't have even played N'Zog in this match. Were we not raped by injuries, I wouldn't play him in Permiership fixtures either. Don't have anything against him per se, but if he wants to play for Arsenal (or any other club for that matter) so damn bad, then go ahead and have a seat since you obviously don't want to play for us.

How cold was it. Ower the moon when they scored. I was gonna have to go to the pub for extra time if it came down to it.

Anyway, we weren't as shit as is being made out. We were pretty shit like, but we had more than enough opportunities to be way ahead. Butt hit the Bar, Xisco blasted over from yards out, Owen clean through hit it at the keeper, then he headed over.

Did they have a clearcut chance apart from the goal?

That's Hull and us this season though, won't be much comfort if we finish in the bottom 3 and they are sitting comfortably mid-table.

Given

Bassong

NZogbia

Colo

Guthrie

Butt

Jonas

Duff

Owen

Keegan and Allardyce had him down as our starting LB which will do for me. As for the '11 injuries' we have, like i said, only 2 of those would even be starting.

Given

Bassong

NZogbia

Colo

Guthrie

Butt

Jonas

Duff

Owen

We were only Beye and Martins off being a full strength team playing hulls reserves at home. Some of those might even be gone by Feb 1st

+ Barton, who imo is our best player and transforms the energy and creativity in midfield. Hugely missed.

:devil: hadaway man. Hes about as creative as butt and as slow to boot. Hes best at getting caught in posession or playing 70 yard passes to no-one. I mentioned this last week, whenever one of our players in injured, Viduka for example, thats suddenly the reason we are doing so shit and they will transform the team when they get fit. Theres a reason Bolton bid £2mil for him and its not cos he transforms the energy and creativity in our midfield

:devil: hadaway man. Hes about as creative as butt and as slow to boot. Hes best at getting caught in posession or playing 70 yard passes to no-one. I mentioned this last week, whenever one of our players in injured, Viduka for example, thats suddenly the reason we are doing so shit and they will transform the team when they get fit. Theres a reason Bolton bid £2mil for him and its not cos he transforms the energy and creativity in our midfield

He would get in the team though wouldn't he...