Given signs for Man City

Matty

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now put the bloody money into decent bids for Veloso and a central defender and I'm a happy man. Just hope the French frog fucks off as well.

Anyone else gettin a bit worried this hasnt been tied up yet?

Now put the bloody money into decent bids for Veloso and a central defender and I'm a happy man. Just hope the French frog fucks off as well.

Anyone else gettin a bit worried this hasnt been tied up yet?

I am, yes. Maybe he's still waiting for Arsenal & Villa. :razz:

Wish I didn't feel like this, but I can't help but feel he's screwed us when we needed him most...and to sign onto the latest billionaire bandwagon too.

I mean, City...wtf?

Exactly, if he had any feelings for NUFC he would have discretely asked for a transfer in the summer instead of behaving like a child like he did in 2000 when he stropped when Harper had a run, good riddance.

don't talk ballocks

City wtf? oh aye that team signing stars and trying to make a go of it, why on earth would he think about going there when were "undisclosed fee" heaven signing nobodies from france and also rans from bolton and wigan...

the fact shay was there for 11yrs through some pretty shitty fucking times and the fact now hes had enough is tantramount to just how fucked up things are behind the scenes

thanks v much shay, 11yrs of digging us out of many many holes and more appearances than most Geordie legends hope the new club backs the team the way we haven't....

(off to remove sig :razz:)

Get a grip Ant, he's left us in the fucking lurch, had a European giant came in with a bid we couldn't refuse then he would go with my blessing and thanks but he's bottled it, factotum.

don't talk ballocks

City wtf? oh aye that team signing stars and trying to make a go of it, why on earth would he think about going there when were "undisclosed fee" heaven signing nobodies from france and also rans from bolton and wigan...

the fact shay was there for 11yrs through some pretty shitty fucking times and the fact now hes had enough is tantramount to just how fucked up things are behind the scenes

thanks v much shay, 11yrs of digging us out of many many holes and more appearances than most Geordie legends hope the new club backs the team the way we haven't....

Get a grip Ant, he's left us in the fucking lurch, had a European giant came in with a bid we couldn't refuse then he would go with my blessing and thanks but he's bottled it, factotum.

100% agree

I hope the few extra quid he'll get at City makes him happy. I wouldn't have begrudged him a summer move at all, but he's walked out on us after feeding us with all that 'loves the club' crap.

No more a legend in my eyes.

Now all the best for Steve Harper, I'm glad for him to finally get the chance at the club he loves. That's loyalty. Nevertheless I wish Shay all the best at his new club, just hope Shitty aren't going to win any silverware...

don't talk ballocks

aye he's bottled it clearly not upto the relegation scrap, .... not like he's been in one every year for the last few lol

catch a grip, he left us because were a fucking joke and the inside runnings of the club most be even worse than we imagine

Why couldn't he have waited till the summer then? City would still have needed a keeper then.

the fact shay was there for 11yrs through some pretty shitty fucking times

How shit has it really been though? For a good chunk of those 11 years, we were playing in Europe, making big signings, getting to FA Cup finals/semifinals...even last year, when it started to go downhill, KK came back and we all started to feel positive again. This is the first time things have really started to look completely hopeless and he's jumped the first opportunity he's gotten.

And I could have taken him signing for City in the summer at least...but City would still have been there in the summer had he been so desperate to go there. We need him now and he couldn't even give us a few more months.

don't talk ballocks

100% agree

I hope the few extra quid he'll get at City makes him happy. I wouldn't have begrudged him a summer move at all, but he's walked out on us after feeding us with all that 'loves the club' crap.

No more a legend in my eyes.

italics, I agree

bold, I don't, shay is still a legend at this club and probably the best keeper we've ever had him leaving won't be what goes down in the history books, it'll be 350 or whatever it is appearances in 11 years

Too bad we have already played City home and away. If Given wants to 'do a Chopra' because of the club he loves then I would have welcomed a thrashing of City with some questionable 'keeping!

Let's be honest, Ant: Stevie Harper was No.2 year after year and never wanted to leave this club. Alan Shearer could have become a ManUre player and winning titles, but he didn't - because he did care about the club. I thought the same of Shay - until tonight. Nobody would blame him if he left in summer, after preventing relegation. But to leave us in this situation, just because of the fucking joke of an owner and a chairman is ludicrous and disrespectful towards the supporters. It's a pity after all these years.

Edited by KingKev

gutted but tbh if we doesn't want to play for us, fuck him. He has been an exceptional servant to the us and I fully thank him for that and respect him for that but to leave us just at the time when we need him most is pretty shite tbh and I just wish he had waited until the summer because for all we know we could get taken over in the summer and have a good season next year.

But never mind we have Stevie Harper who will fill his gap superbly and we have the two young guns who can be called on when need be.

so long Shay, thanks for the memories.

i kinda half agree with the comment above (king kev) , you can understand he'shad enough of this shit but at the same time he'sleft us at a sour moment where he'll get fuck all from city apart from mid table safety this year where he could have done a great deal towards our safety here then went in the summer, even if he had come out and said so it would have been a great mark or character. Rock on Harper!

did johnson not end up as part of this deal then?this was the one glimmer of light i was hpoing from this deal as we'll see fuck all of the money spent elsewhere.

Edited by scotty84

Let's be honest, Ant: Stevie Harper was No.2 year after year and never wanted to leave this club. Alan Shearer could have become a ManUre player and winning titles, but he didn't - because he did care about the club. I thought the same of Shay - until tonight. Nobody would blame him if he left in summer, after preventing relegation. But to leave us in this situation, just because of the fucking joke of an owner and a chairman is ludicrous and disrespectful towards the supporters. It's a pity after all these years.

yeah - but he's gone.. so lets get behind the players who do care a ****..

Just been on Radio 5 - Taylor still likely to be moving to Us.. but no mention of frenchy going other way - not sure if this in the right topic.. but well..

i kinda half agree with the comment above (king kev) , you can understand he'shad enough of this shit but at the same time he'sleft us at a sour moment where he'll get fuck all from city apart from mid table safety this year where he could have done a great deal towards our safety here then went in the summer, even if he had come out and said so it would have been a great mark or character. Rock on Harper!

did johnson not end up as part of this deal then?this was the one glimmer of light i was hpoing from this deal as we'll see fuck all of the money spent elsewhere.

Exactly. Why not waiting for the summer as Citeh don't seem to achieve what they wanted at the beginning of the season? Can't see Shay's point here, apart from money.

To all those who keep saying how loyal Harper is compared to Given, he recently said that if Newcastle had accepted Spurs offer for him that he would not be here anymore in which case would you all be calling Harper's loyalty into question? Either way I feel both keepers have been immensely loyal over the years considering the mismanagement at all levels at the club during their time here and I for one hope Shay does well with Man City.