Other games

Park Life

Where does that put Wimbledon now Fish, in the Conference? Would love to see them in the same division as MK Dons tbh.

Now that would be classic. Hope to see them in the Football League soon.

How poetic would it be for those fans who stayed loyal to their roots and supported AFC instead of defecting with the old club. FWIW, I believe that not many kept allegience with the team now known as MK Dons - most of their fans are from Milton Keynes.

Be one hell of a match though. Imagine the fan rivalry!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does that put Wimbledon now Fish, in the Conference? Would love to see them in the same division as MK Dons tbh.

How poetic would it be for those fans who stayed loyal to their roots and supported AFC instead of defecting with the old club. FWIW, I believe that not many kept allegience with the team now known as MK Dons - most of their fans are from Milton Keynes.

It would be like us moving 35 miles south and starting a new team in Boro. I couldn't support them and would support a splitter group simialr to AFC Wimbledon.

I hope they do well though, as they are obviously the real continuity of Wimbledon FC unlike MK Dons who are just a franchise really.

It would be like us moving 35 miles south and starting a new team in Boro. I couldn't support them and would support a splitter group simialr to AFC Wimbledon.

I hope they do well though, as they are obviously the real continuity of Wimbledon FC unlike MK Dons who are just a franchise really.

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to make us the Stockton Magpies if he thought it would save him money :aussie:

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to make us the Stockton Magpies if he thought it would save him money :aussie:

It wouldn't suprise me right now.

Full time at Birmingham. Presotn won 2-1. Birmingham still don't go up automatically.

and burnley need to at least match prestons result next week :alex:

i'll be there!! should do Bristol City??? i hope :aussie:

Full time at Birmingham. Presotn won 2-1. Birmingham still don't go up automatically.

and burnley need to at least match prestons result next week :alex:

i'll be there!! should do Bristol City??? i hope :aussie:

you will never see as corrupt cunt of a referee as howard webb tonight.

It became an embarrassing toward the end.

I have a vague memory as a child of my old man writing a letter to the fa about how decisions always go the way of man utd at OT.

The fans are such plastic idiots as well. Massive moral victory today.

I have a vague memory as a child of my old man writing a letter to the fa about how decisions always go the way of man utd at OT.

The fans are such plastic idiots as well. Massive collapse today.

:aussie:

Massive moral victory today.

:aussie: How many points do you get for moral victories?

Give a shit.

We're safe,we played them off the park.

Rather the plastic sanitised mancs win it than the orrible scouse so fuck it.

Yeah AFC Wimbledon are in the Conference proper now. MK Dons look like they're going to be in the playoffs at least in League 1, which could mean they're playing Championship football next year... which will be a fucking travesty.

The step from Blue Square South (or North) to Conference proper is massive though, there are some big clubs in that league. Oxford, York, Wrexham amongst others. Many of those clubs are fully professional and have the benefits on the pitch that come with that status. AFC have to sign a few players, loan a few players and just guarantee survival, then next year look to go professional.

I've not met a single MK Dons fan in London so I'd guess most of their support comes from Milton Keynes. There's a lot of ill-feeling towards that club from the Wimbledon fans that I know and have subsequently met, but they have their priorities in order. AFC Wimbledon comes first and foremost, then they cheer the results of their counterparts.

Give a shit.

You played them off the park in the first half but in the second half they were a different class.

Either way you can be happy at giving it a decent shot.

When they start to play like that, nobody can stop them.

Yeah AFC Wimbledon are in the Conference proper now. MK Dons look like they're going to be in the playoffs at least in League 1, which could mean they're playing Championship football next year... which will be a fucking travesty.

The step from Blue Square South (or North) to Conference proper is massive though, there are some big clubs in that league. Oxford, York, Wrexham amongst others. Many of those clubs are fully professional and have the benefits on the pitch that come with that status. AFC have to sign a few players, loan a few players and just guarantee survival, then next year look to go professional.

I've not met a single MK Dons fan in London so I'd guess most of their support comes from Milton Keynes. There's a lot of ill-feeling towards that club from the Wimbledon fans that I know and have subsequently met, but they have their priorities in order. AFC Wimbledon comes first and foremost, then they cheer the results of their counterparts.

21 years ago, one of the FA Cup Semi Finals was between Wimbledon(*) & Luton. Now both clubs are in the Conference - shows how football can turn around inside a generation yet some clubs think they have the god given right to be in the top league in the country. I don't count us as one of those clubs - we'd accept relegation seeing as a lot of us have experienced it before. There's a lot of teams in the Premiership who do think like that though.

* - I know MK Dons is what Wimbledon FC was, but I've never accepted that. WFC became AFC Wimbledon and a new team was formed in Milton Keynes IMO.

You were given a fucking 45 minute hiding by the best team in the country. Like us last season you'd have done well (and gained some respect) to accept that.

Instead all we hear is arrogance about how you played them off the park.... did you fuck! You edged the first half but the best team won in the end by a scoreline that accurately highlighted the differences between you.

And that's coming from someone who was happy to see Spurs winning.

Have to add Torquay there, we're above all those clubs this season! Its tough to get out of the conference....one of my worst days ever when we relegated.

I have a feeling AFC Wimbledon will do it eventually though, they seem to be unstoppable, what theyve achieved already is impressive.

+1, it was so obvious Gomes got the ball and perhaps, Webb should have consulted the linesman who probably had a better view of the incident. Also, the booing of Berbatov was terrible, no-one should be the victim of that from their own fans.

Although, Webb did mysteriously give us the penalty against the Mackems when Taylor just flopped to the ground.

Give a shit.

So the 5-2 scoreline flattered them ?? :alex:

Thank you Arshavin. :aussie:

Fabregas's goal to be honest (not just cause he scored it). Was a team goal overall, but Fabregas slid the ball into the path of Arshavin (after a neat heel pass from Bendtner). Arshavin's ball back to Fabregas was a little heavy but Fabregas still managed to slam it past Brad Jones who also had Bendtner running across his line of vision.