Other games

Park Life

Thoughts on Chelski - Barca anyone?

I reckon it'll be 1 - 3 tonight and then Chelski to get thumped in the second leg.

Think it'll be a mental game, and I think Chelsea will win 3-2 or 4-2. Chelsea are much better than some of the sides that have beaten Barcelona this season. 9/2 for a Chelsea win is absurd. They've played Chelsea about 8 times in the last 10 years and their biggest win against them is 2-1. Not a foregone conclusion.

I thought Chelsea would win, would be just wor luck if they won the fucka and we came 4th.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really, i want chelski to win......more games =less form in the PL....hopefully

Well how will Chelsea winning the tie effect us? The CL is after our season ends, that would be the only additional game.

Didn't everton and Liverpool both qualify the year that Liverpool won it and everton finished 4th, with Liverpool outside the top 4 in the league?

Yeah but that was a one off

Although Barcelona played well and could've had a few, as well as Messi being on the cusp of scoring a wonder goal a couple of times, I think Chelsea just about deserved their win. I think they probably needed a two-goal lead but not conceding an away goal is obviously a massive plus for them. I could see Barcelona winning 3 or 4 -1 at their place though if they put in a similar performance. I don't think Chelsea could play at that tempo on a pitch as big as the one at Camp Nou.

Fuck Chelsea. The worst thing that could happen for us could be if Chelsea win the CL. I would say things are probably still in Barca's favour going into the second leg. Any lead is a good lead for Chelsea but I think Barca 2-0+ would have to be the most likely result at Camp Nou.

I agree. Plus I'm not sure how winning the CL would be bad for them in any way. I reckon Abramovich would have upped sticks before now if he wasn't in it for the long haul. Also, like you say it has repercussions for us. And Terry et al are a set of cunts.

IMHO I think winning the CL could be the worst thing for Chelsea. I just have this sneaky suspicion once they win it comrade Abramovic will think job done and stop funding them completely.

The thing is when you get to the size Chelsea are now even without Roman they'd be difficult to compete with. They're almost self sufficient now. Their annual income is £225m more than any Italian team, almost £100m more than Liverpool and Tottenham, that's nothing to do with Abramovic, that is their income end of story. When you build a club and put corporate structures in place like they have, they're there to stay, hopefully we can compete one day.

The journos on Twitter and the punters on ITV fawning over the Chelsea performance boiled my piss too.

I'm not comparing Swansea to Barca (like some people) but when Swansea passed it about the halfway line for 90 minutes against us without creating a single credible chance, they got plaudits for their beautiful brand of possession football. NUFC got hardly any credit outside of the North East for having the tactics and the players to completely nulify them and hit them on the break.

Last night Chelsea were battered, Barcelona were all over them, with possession football that actually created dozens of chances (most inside the box) and hit the woodwork twice. Having ridden their luck this much, Chelsea get a world of praise for their staunch defense and Barca get laughed out of town for not being able to turn on the style on a cold wet windy night in England.

Journalism based entirely on the underdogs and partisan favourites.

IMHO I think winning the CL could be the worst thing for Chelsea. I just have this sneaky suspicion once they win it comrade Abramovic will think job done and stop funding them completely.
The thing is when you get to the size Chelsea are now even without Roman they'd be difficult to compete with. They're almost self sufficient now. Their annual income is £225m more than any Italian team, almost £100m more than Liverpool and Tottenham, that's nothing to do with Abramovic, that is their income end of story. When you build a club and put corporate structures in place like they have, they're there to stay, hopefully we can compete one day.

They've managed to get the wage bill down to 75% too, from a high of 82%. Still think it'll need to come down further...but a champions league win would do that by increasing turnover even further rather than by getting rid of players.

Didn't everton and Liverpool both qualify the year that Liverpool won it and everton finished 4th, with Liverpool outside the top 4 in the league?

Yeah but that was a one off

Aye it was the first time that had ever happened I think and uefa had no rules in place for it so Liverpool went in at the 1st qualifying stage and they drafted up some rules for if it happened again

Chelsea were very good last night, they could go through, and you wonder if the Gods are on their side after those near-misses from Barcelona last night.

Chelsea were very good last night, they could go through, and you wonder if the Gods are on their side after those near-misses from Barcelona last night.

Been on their side all season if you look at some of the decisions that have went their way. They had none of it last night like and did play well but you've got to fancy Barca at home IMO. I can see Bayern going through away to Madrid but it's setting itself up nicely for an El Classico final.

It'll be different when barca are at home, the pitch at the now camp is massive for a start, there will be more space

As you say Chelsea played well to keep barca out but they hit the woodwork twice and fabregas and Sanchez should both have had another too, slightly different finishing and it was that 4 for barca everyone expected. You don't get that lucky against them twice

Been on their side all season if you look at some of the decisions that have went their way. They had none of it last night like and did play well but you've got to fancy Barca at home IMO. I can see Bayern going through away to Madrid but it's setting itself up nicely for an El Classico final.

I wouldn't want a Classico final, the build up would be really tedious and the match would t be that good tbh, would rather see barca v bayern

I wouldn't want a Classico final, the build up would be really tedious and the match would t be that good tbh, would rather see barca v bayern

Agree with you tbh. El Classico is usually just a lot of diving, fighting and an occassional brilliant goal these days. Except that one Barca won 5-0 where they took them apart, that was brilliant. Everytime I've watched it since, it's been embarrassing.

maybe, I wonder what the odds are of Real and Mourinho beating Chelsea in the Final.

I'd laugh my tits off at Chesea tbh ie John Terry etc.

Both semi finals are on a knife edge, and you should never write the Germans off either.

maybe, I wonder what the odds are of Real and Mourinho beating Chelsea in the Final.

I'd laugh my tits off at Chesea tbh ie John Terry etc.

Both semi finals are on a knife edge, and you should never write the Germans off either.

Was about to say that about the Germans. Could fall in a river of shit and come out smelling of roses. Tbh, I'd almost like Chelsea to get to the final and lose there again. Can't stand the players, the fans, the manager, those stupid plastic fucking flags.

They've managed to get the wage bill down to 75% too, from a high of 82%. Still think it'll need to come down further...but a champions league win would do that by increasing turnover even further rather than by getting rid of players.

The thing is though that while they are close to break even, they've got an aging squad that needs freshening up and are relying heavily on qualifying for the CL every year to get to break even.

I read an article the other week with an interview with someone at Chelsea (board member) and he said qualifying for it next year is more important than beating Barcelona to get to the final this year, it really hit home how much they depend on the money from it.