Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs 19 shots (8 on target)

Blackburn 0 shots (0 on target)

That is abysmal.

That's the first time since 2004 that a team in the PL have failed to have a single shot in a game.

First game since 2004 that a side hasn't had a single shot of any description.

Just bemusing. Did Blackburn plan for this match at all? Like NJS said, it's as if Blackburn wrote this game off before they kicked a ball. I reckon I've seen teams beaten heavily putting in a better performance than that.

Weren't the Mackems the last team that didn't?, I'm sure I can remember them getting absolutely battered by either Arsenal or Liverpool sometime around then, they might have managed 1 shot mind.

Edited by Howay

First game since 2004 that a side hasn't had a single shot of any description.

Just bemusing. Did Blackburn plan for this match at all? Like NJS said, it's as if Blackburn wrote this game off before they kicked a ball. I reckon I've seen teams beaten heavily putting in a better performance than that.

They're just dreadful. Getting rid of Jones, Nelson, Samba and sidelining Givet, Salgado and others cut out the heart of that team and they have a manager who clearly hasn'y got a clue. If it wasn't for their one decent signing (Yakubu) they'd be well below Wolves already. At the end of the game Pederson was laughing with his old mate Friedel, you'd never think the team he plays for is about to be relegated.

Don't recall it being as one-sided as you're trying to make out tbh. Was 1-0 and we had chances, until Taylor went off and they scored 2 in the dying minutes.

Not like Ryan Taylor will be playing either way.

They're in a good place at the moment, we've just had a strange loss but I don't think one game will kill the mentality of the players.

During the 1st half they ripped through us at will and could have scored a few if not for Sturridge's shite finishing. We're suscepitble to certain teams if theyset up right against us. Hopefully Chelsea will fuck up somehow

Weren't the Mackems the last team that didn't?, I'm sure I can remember them getting absolutely battered by either Arsenal or Liverpool sometime around then, they might have managed 1 shot mind.

West Brom againts City.

Good lord Steve Kean's post match interview, what a fucking mong coming out with gems like "we have to look at the positives" and something like "our passing was poor which prevented us from creating more chances" (how about even one chance?) and finally "we've had monumental results this season including back to back clean sheets" Wowzers, back to back clean sheets!!!!

Edited by TicTacWoe

During the 1st half they ripped through us at will and could have scored a few if not for Sturridge's shite finishing. We're suscepitble to certain teams if theyset up right against us. Hopefully Chelsea will fuck up somehow

Sturridge could have scored 3-4 in the first half - and thats leaving out a few 20-yarders top strikers would have scored on also.

Our defense had the red carpet rolled out - as usual when people leave out the side passes and just attack us head-on.

Play through our midfield and its mayhem back there, Colo cant be 3 places at once.

From what I've heard, Blackburn were unlucky not to score: only the woodwork and a display of excellent goalkeeping kept them at bay, having had numerous efforts on target. Ah, wait a minute, no. Blackburn didn't have a shot on target, I kid you not. That's the first game since 2004 that a side hasn't had a single shot of any description.

Blackburn & QPR will surely follow Wolves into the Championship.

Villa haven't been bad enough to go down IMO and Bolton & Wigan's recent results have been pretty remarkable.

Blackburn & QPR will surely follow Wolves into the Championship.

Villa haven't been bad enough to go down IMO and Bolton & Wigan's recent results have been pretty remarkable.

I hope you're right. Wigan have been amazing lately and Bolton have been decent too (in an incredibly unlucky season for them with injuries and muamba). Wolves, Blackburn and QPR deserve to go down largely down to a series of poor decisions in terms of managerment/signings etc.