Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I thought Westworld was intriguiging but ultimately dull.

I realise it was setting things up a bit but still expected more from the hype. Needs to get moving.

I think it will get going, it's got a great cast and has the potential to be very good. Chaos is just around the corner.

Just had my mind blown that Avi off Ray Donovan is Manny off scarface!

98E4803C-F4BA-40B7-AAAF-1CBE9442DC58_zps

18C0BE84-CBA6-4C68-A9F6-359CC9200A1A_zps

Also, the fact he looks terminally ill in the most recent series is apparently down to his new diet cos he's shagging a 20 year old

B1978515-F9EE-4304-BCCF-3219561B3FE5_zps

60 years from now, Pearly Gates, Heaven.....

Jesus Christ: "Welcome my son."

St. Peter: "Welcome to the kingdom of God, J69. Let the beautiful colours of love wash over you, enjoy the stunning serenity of Paradise, let the celestial garden of Heaven blow your mind for eternity."

J69: "No offence, JC and Pete, but I'm afraid my mind was already blown away 60 years ago when I found out Avi off Ray Donovan was actually Manny from Scarface. Nothing ever eclipsed that moment. Not even when I had bong in my mid forties when I was going through a mid life crisis."

I've recorded it too. Also, having finished Narcos I watched the first episode of Westworld last night. Really intrigued by it. Was creepy as fuck too.

is Narcos worth sticking with then? We got two episodes in then got distracted by other stuff we were watching and never got around to picking it up again. 

there really hasn't been an era of quality tv like we have now. spoiled for choice. 

is Narcos worth sticking with then? We got two episodes in then got distracted by other stuff we were watching and never got around to picking it up again. 

there really hasn't been an era of quality tv like we have now. spoiled for choice. 

Sorry, just seen this. Yeah, I would say it's well worth the watch. I knew a bit about him beforehand like his being the 7th richest man in the world at the peak of his fame. Read a bit more about him since watching both series and some of the little bits of trivia are ridiculous like how he lost about $2billion a year just from the bank notes being eaten by rats or destroyed by water damage as he had it stashed all over the place. That was only about 10% of his annual profits anyway.

Just watched 'Going Clear' after reading this thread.  Cheers to whoever recommended it. :good:

Going to watch Theroux's effort now.  If he softballs the cunts I'm going to be FURIOUS on Twitter.

like i said it's different to going clear, it's not a /bad/ effort from theroux, was just a bit of a let down considering how long it's been since it's film festival debut and actually getting released (along with the constant hype/ads for it)

I really enjoyed both, and think it's by far the best thing Theroux's done (who I've always been on the fence about).

I probably benefited by having no former knowledge of either documentary.

Ironically Rathbun accuses him at one point of constantly asking inane questions and wanting him to ask the really nitty gritty shit that he wants to know.  This was my problem with Theroux's early stuff (ie. when interviewing the Grand Dragon of the Klan).  But he got into the stuff with Rathbun that I was really left wanting to know after the HBO one.

Rathbun is a fascinating character and the closest thing we have to understanding the inner workings of Scientology.  So the film was in large part about him.