Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Luke Cage released on Netflix today, looking forward to binge watching that tonight. Going to have chicken and grits, drink a 40 out of a brown paper bag and get shot by a cop to really get into the mood.

Would rather they didn't bother and just have more Jessica Jones - another year or two wait is fucking ridiculous.

Just finished a two week re-run cram of breaking bad. While I remember the main plot points / ending, each episode is so full of detail that there's loads I'd forgotten.

Possibly my favourite show ever.

agreed. i have watched it all the way through from start to finish again as well. if anything it was even better second time around. 

yes, they've completely captured the mood of the cohen brothers film in both seasons so far. helped by some excellent acting 

Loved Bruce Campbell popping up as Ronald Reagan too. Season 3 is in production btw

Currently juggling the night of and Fargo season two. I want to plough on with one of them but keep having to alternate between the two - both mint.

I taped the Savillle thing. Love Louis but didn't really feel it would be an easy watch for a Sunday evening.

Finished Luke Cage last night. It's all right, but I was trying to work out why I enjoyed it less than it's Netflix Marvel brethren. The action scenes were fine, the music was excellent, the protagonist was as good/bad as Daredevil and Jessica Jones, I even started to wonder if it was because there were very few white people and I was a massive racist... but I honestly think it was the antagonists. 

Cottonmouth was well acted and well balanced, the threat with the sense that things were getting away from him, but his death didn't feel like it meant much in that world, which makes some of the choices made after jar a little. Diamondback was the loose cannon that is often used in Superhero origin stories to draw the titular hero out into the spotlight, but he became a bit cliche; quoting from the bible and whatnot, but fine. Black Mariah was the issue for me. When Daredevil's Kingpin accepted his position as the "Ill Intent", it felt legitimate, when she flipped from Councilwoman Dillard to Black Mariah, it felt like a soap opera baddy.

It's worth a watch for people who enjoyed the other Netflix Marvel shows, Rosario Dawson is quality in it again, and there's some stand out moments. But it's not as good as DD1 or JJ1, probably on a par with DD2, but suffered the same problems. 

Edited by The Fish

Finished Luke Cage last night. It's all right, but I was trying to work out why I enjoyed it less than it's Netflix Marvel brethren. The action scenes were fine, the music was excellent, the protagonist was as good/bad as Daredevil and Jessica Jones, I even started to wonder if it was because there were very few white people and I was a massive racist... but I honestly think it was the antagonists.

Cottonmouth was well acted and well balanced, the threat with the sense that things were getting away from him, but his death didn't feel like it meant much in that world, which makes some of the choices made after jar a little. Diamondback was the loose cannon that is often used in Superhero origin stories to draw the titular hero out into the spotlight, but he became a bit cliche; quoting from the bible and whatnot, but fine. Black Mariah was the issue for me. When Daredevil's Kingpin accepted his position as the "Ill Intent", it felt legitimate, when she flipped from Councilwoman Dillard to Black Mariah, it felt like a soap opera baddy.

It's worth a watch for people who enjoyed the other Netflix Marvel shows, Rosario Dawson is quality in it again, and there's some stand out moments. But it's not as good as DD1 or JJ1, probably on a par with DD2, but suffered the same problems.

I think you don't like it because you're a massive racist.

But you can quote on tt better than I can.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

I think you don't like it because you're a massive racist.

But you can quote on tt better than I can.

Nah, I didn't close the spoiler tag properly.

Just noticed that there's a new series of Travel Man on channel 4. Great show

Love that show. The first episode in New York with Katherine Ryan was brilliant.