Whats your current ringtone

Christmas Tree

We had this dickhead at work who left recently. Southern arsehole who claimed to have been a professional cage fighter, an Olympic weightlifter AND the singer in a band. One day, apropos of fuck all, he announced "Back in my weightlifting days, when I was putting away 8000 calories a day btw, I used to be able to hold a fifty pence piece between two fingers and fold it in half. And I could crush a raw potato with one hand."

People just looked up from their screens with a quizzical look on their faces as if to say am i really fucking hearing this bullshit? Then just carried on with their work.

Anyway his ring tone was the guitar intro to Paradise City and he loved to let that fucker run its course.

toughguymick/onepunch/dafydd ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad a ringtone for 8 or 9 years. Always just have it on silent or vibrate. I love it when someone's phone goes off with a proper embarrassing ringtone and you can see them scrabbling around desperately looking for it. :lol:

A kid I know had "Fuck Them Yeah" by Human Resource on his, only one I've liked.

My eldest daughter singing 'Get your kit off for the lads' when she was about 3 or 4.

My alarm is Teardrop by Massive Attack as the intro is a bit quiet and doesn't have you jumping out of bed trying to turn it off before it wakes up Wife who is not a "Morning person". :lol:

We had this dickhead at work who left recently. Southern arsehole who claimed to have been a professional cage fighter, an Olympic weightlifter AND the singer in a band. One day, apropos of fuck all, he announced "Back in my weightlifting days, when I was putting away 8000 calories a day btw, I used to be able to hold a fifty pence piece between two fingers and fold it in half. And I could crush a raw potato with one hand."

People just looked up from their screens with a quizzical look on their faces as if to say am i really fucking hearing this bullshit? Then just carried on with their work.

Anyway his ring tone was the guitar intro to Paradise City and he loved to let that fucker run its course.

Seems like every office has one of these. The bloke at ours actually has a running log of his lies doing the rounds of the office. Some of the classics include:

He has no pain receptors in his hand (yet when he knicked a hand with a soldering iron and blurted out in pain he tutted and said "Trust me to find the only place where I can feel pain"

He doesn't have a pancreas

When he was 16 he was a hacker called "Phoenix" and hacked into a bank to steal £250k, however, overcome with guilt he transferred the funds into a charity's account

He piloted the QE2 into port

He can speak 7 languages; English, French, Spanish, Chinese (sic), Italian, Welsh and when pressed for the other he said "That should be obvious"

He could have calculated the correct way to blow up a planet, apparently it "depends on a few factors like the thickness of the crust" and "It's not difficult, really"

We were talking about holidays and someone mentioned how Libya would be cheap at the moment and our hero stated he'd never go back to that godforsaken place again after the hard time he had when he was over there working on something "he cannot disclose"...

The log we've got of his lies is growing by the week and to be honest I'd publish it if I could string the tales into a cogent storyline...

That stuffs harmless, it's when he starts Mittying about the job that it can get a little interesting. Like stating with absolute certainty that a site would have to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch, when in fact it was a fault with another company who just needed to replace a bit of kit on their end. If we had paid him any attention it would have cost hundreds of thousands of pounds... Luckily we know he's a dick. :lol:

• 1 year later...
Currently the piña colada song. Just had a fayre sing along to it which was nice / scary :lol:

:lol: I used to take the piss claiming that you would be hanging out the window of your taxi singing this. And it turns out you actually have it as your ring tone. :lol: What an incredible judge of your bizarre character I am.

Written in reverse - Spoon

An open letter to NYC - Beastie Boys

Wooly bully - Sam the sham

Horn Intro - Modest Mouse

Crown on the ground - sleigh bells

Harder than you think - public enemy (pre dating the paralympics)

Whatever you want - status quo

Superstition - Stevie Wonder

Surfin bird - the trashmen

A message to you Rudy - the specials

Dead flowers - townes van zandt

Hash pipe - Weezer

Like to pick out the good parts with Ringdroid.