Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole team wanted shooting for the 2nd goal. Personally speaking that match uspet me more than any other as an NUFC fan. More than the Fa Cup semi and the 2 finals, more than any loss to Sunderland.

Same. 

To be perfectly honest, I cried (not full on hysterics but I welled up at the very least) after it. I was completely sober and a reasonably mature teenager so I can't blame that on anything other than my emotions.

Was just pathetic how we collapsed. Utterly gutting experience.

Hatem Ben Arfa is planning to provide the ammunition which will make Andy Carroll a fearsome frontman.

The French winger recently completed a loan switch to St James' Park from Marseille and is due to see out the season on Tyneside.

He is expected to make his Magpies debut in Saturday's home date with Blackpool and admits he cannot wait to get started after seeing his future become the subject of intense speculation over the summer.

The 23-year-old is determined to prove his worth in the Premier League and believes Newcastle will provide him with the perfect platform on which to perform.

He has been impressed by the quality within the Magpies' attacking ranks and feels he can only help to make that unit even stronger.

Hard work

Ben Arfa is especially looking forward to lining up alongside England U21 international Carroll, who has hit the ground running this season.

He already has four Premier League goals to his name and will undoubtedly have welcomed the arrival of a new winger to lay on further opportunities.

That feeling is mutual, with Ben Arfa telling the Evening Chronicle: "I have seen Andy play in two matches so far and I have been very impressed with how hard he works for the team.

"I think there are a lot of players in the side who have got that same work ethic as Andy. That brings a great quality to the team.

"I want to start working hard now and provide the ammunition for people like Andy. I think there could be a lot of goals in the team."

Yeah, I'm concerned about the now crushing weight of expectation. Kind of wish he'd appeared against Wolves, even if for just the last five minutes or so.

But, it's a good game to get his debut, hopefully the rest of the team will be playing with confidence, and hopefully they've had a while to get to know each other and how they play.

I hope we don't get ahead of ourselves, and go out there and win the game before we worry about any sort of pretty play, or player debuts. Most important to us is getting 3 points.

I hope we don't get ahead of ourselves, and go out there and win the game before we worry about any sort of pretty play, or player debuts. Most important to us is getting 3 points.

You used to be fun ;)

Hatem Ben Arfa prefer the English model

The new midfielder for Newcastle, who will make his debut in the Premier League on Saturday, delivered his first sensations on his arrival in England. It seems much more flourished in France.

Hatem Ben Arfa feels good in the north of England. Arriving at Newcastle following the soap opera that we know, HBA has delivered its first Team feelings about his new life across the Channel. And he seems to appreciate the British mentality: "I feel like I start from scratch. I have a country to conquer. (...) Compared to France, it's really different. It changes. There super guys in this group. The players are empowered by the staff. The dialogue is constant and much greater freedom. It's smarter. An example: when you do not feel well, you jump training and come back the next day without it poses a problem. "

The former Marseille has also conquered the air by respect for England fans. "I feel a lot of respect. In town, the fans approach me but only talk to me nicely, to encourage me. They do not linger, as if unwilling to disturb me," says it. Maybe he finally found the right environment to flourish? Early response, this Saturday around 16h, for his first game with the Magpies.

From OM supporter posting on NO

"When I talk to them, the British journalists tell me that I am the enfant terrible of French football. I told them it was a caricature. I do not want to f*** the s***. I'm in Newcastle to play football.

Ben Arfa is Newcast to "play football and not fuck the shit" :D

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/anglet...-la-merde,59243

Hatem Ben Arfa on Saturday will explore the joys of the Premier League. And even if it is a replacement, the former Olympique Marseille player does not hide his pleasure to evolve in this English Premiership where he will be talked about only on land.

Hatem Ben Arfa will not be a substitute for Newcastle on Saturday against Blackpool, but the former Olympique Marseille player who knows he still needs a little time to get ready, do not hide his ambitions with the Magpies. For Ben Arfa, training methods in England are clearly more effective than in France and this will enable him to progress further.

"It seems to start from scratch. I have to conquer a country. There is really a way to do something here. Compared to France, is really different. It changes. There are some great guys in this group. Players are empowered by the staff. The dialogue is constant and much greater freedom. It is more intelligent. An example: when you do not feel well, you jump training and come back the next day without this problem. This Saturday we play at 15 hours and we're meeting at 13 am at the stage 30. To me, it's never seen, "said Hatem Ben Arfa in the columns of the team.

Aware of the little bad boy image that he could hang out, the French international has already set the record straight with the local press. "When I talk to them, the British journalists tell me that I am the enfant terrible of French football. I told them it was a caricature. I do not want to fuck the shit. I'm in Newcastle to play football. In town, the fans approach me but only talk to me nicely, to encourage me. They do not linger, as if unwilling to disturb me, "notes with pleasure the former Marseille.

Edited by Park Life

• 2 weeks later...