Wolves 1-1 Newcastle United

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the draw @ 11/4 at half time, so I'm doubly happy with this point.

By the sounds of things we were kicked all over the park.

Edited by The Fish

Happy with a draw before the game but seeing us dominate so much 1st half i feel we could of got all 3 points. 4th in the league though

Yeah we'd have all taken a draw to start with so i'm happy, but if Nolan hadn't missed so many chances we could be celebrating an away win now.

Had the draw @ 11/4 at half time, so I'm doubly happy with this point.

By the sounds of things we were kicked all over the park.

Looks like Wolves have decided kicking the shit out of the opposition is the way forward for them, hope they go down if that's the way they're playing.

With the amount of chances we blew we should've had these boring lupine bastards off the park by halftime.

As it was I thought that was a decent point in a very physical game. Fair play to Barton too for keeping composed (until the very end) with some very filthy tackles being thrown his way and for a good assist for our goal. He's winning me around - long may it continue.

We lacked for a bit of class to unlock this game and hopefully Ben Arfa is that spark.

Some idiotic play from some of our team towards the end there, giving away dangerous free-kicks and picking up needless yellow cards.

Perch's was a dead cert for penalty, I was shocked when it wasn't blown. Incredibly lucky there.

Joey Barton copped a number of ordinary tackles, how their captain stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Unfortunately towards the end Barton showed yet again (if only we'd had long enough to forget) that he can be a complete dickhead, carrying on like a right twat after giving away a stupid free-kick and getting himself a 3rd yellow in as many games for his troubles.

Ameobi is rubbish, but he did almost score/set up Nolan with his first touch (off the head). For me, Nolan should have come off, but in many ways it was a wise decision to take Andy Carroll on a yellow card out of a game like that. I think certainly though Hughton should have made a move a little earlier. 1 point is ok, but the game was there to be won and it felt like we didn't go all out to do so.

All said and done it could have been very different if Perch's tackle was given as the penalty that it was.

Oh, Harper looked slow out there again. ;)

I think harper should have saved the goal, went right through his legs. Never looked liked scoring after we took carroll off and the donkeyshow began. I am happy with the performance though, and whilst the penalty might have been a penalty, Wolves probably deserved 1 or 2 sending offs.

I think we'll stay up this season, especially with Ben Arfa and Tiote coming in.

Garth Crooks: "Andy Carroll is a player with great potential and I'm told Manchester United are looking very closely at him. If he's good enough for *United, he's good enough for England."

I just can't stand a word this guy says..

Nice bit of tapping up live on TV by Man Utd, obligingly provided by a lackey like Crooks. (Why would he just come out with this off his own bat?).

*And why would a non-Man U fan refer to them as simply 'United', cunt-chops? Sycophant.

Decent point although we'll have much tougher away games than Wolves....

Andy Carroll is the man. It's official.

Pleased with Barton's composure.

We need to focus after the Villa game and make sure we take our chances to build our points tally. Blackpool will want the points too.....it's no good easing up thinking we're safe after that 6-0.

Quite an encouraging performance in some ways, we appeared to boss the midfield for long periods.

The most annoying thing about the team is we seem to have several players who consistently get booked for stupid shit; today Carrol, Nolan and Ameobi were booked needlessly, and Barton started acting out when he was booked. Despite his good performance last week we're reminded again he is a 15 year old chav in a grown man's body (although tbf he got the shite kicked out of him all game today).

Some of our moves and passing from midfield were really good and there seemed to be a noticeable gap in the quality of the teams. Add to this it was away from home and that's all the more impressive. Had we had someone like Ben Arfa on in place of Gutierezz or Routledge perhaps we would have gone on to win. The main position I'm worried about is right back, especially if Taylor is sold. Perch wasn't atrocious but he got away with a clear penalty and against teams with more pace/creativity I think he could be a liability.

Overall a decent performance away from home, but the game started getting dirty and daft toward the end.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Garth Crooks: "Shola Ameobi is a player with great potential and I'm told Manchester United are looking very closely at him. If he's good enough for United, he's good enough for England."

I just can't stand a word this guy says..

"Fergie, sign him up, fergie, fergie sign him up"

Some idiotic play from some of our team towards the end there, giving away dangerous free-kicks and picking up needless yellow cards.

Perch's was a dead cert for penalty, I was shocked when it wasn't blown. Incredibly lucky there.

Joey Barton copped a number of ordinary tackles, how their captain stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Unfortunately towards the end Barton showed yet again (if only we'd had long enough to forget) that he can be a complete dickhead, carrying on like a right twat after giving away a stupid free-kick and getting himself a 3rd yellow in as many games for his troubles.

Ameobi is rubbish, but he did almost score/set up Nolan with his first touch (off the head). For me, Nolan should have come off, but in many ways it was a wise decision to take Andy Carroll on a yellow card out of a game like that. I think certainly though Hughton should have made a move a little earlier. 1 point is ok, but the game was there to be won and it felt like we didn't go all out to do so.

All said and done it could have been very different if Perch's tackle was given as the penalty that it was.

Oh, Harper looked slow out there again. ;)

;) No mention of Barton getting a card on any site so I think you're confused.