Newcastle Vs. Blackpool

loonyTOON

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's true we'd have won if we took our chances, I think the problem was we were a bit complacent. We played at a high tempo for about the first 20 mins and after that we eased off and that's what gave Blackpool the chance to come into the match. A few other problems were Smith being back to his old, shite self; Jonas and Enrique trying to win the game by themselves instead of playing their normal game; Nolan being far too close to Carroll, more or less playing as a CF himself, meaning there was a big gap between midfield and attack so we were launching it to Carroll far too often (we should be good enough to beat Blackpool at home by playing football). The final substitution played into their hands too. When we went to a 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa being one of the midfield 3 we lost all our shape. Agree about not hitting the panic button and hope it's made Hughton's mind up about a few things (like not playing Smith at home etc.).

Yup. I'd also add that I think we're missing a trick up front. This is not a dig at Nolan, but you just feel if there was something really quick and half decent next to Carroll (who must have won about 95% of everything in the air yesterday btw) we could be reaping some rewards here. However, we've now missed that boat till January at least.

Also just to mention Routledge, who destroyed there LB for pace in the first few minutes then never attacked him again till the 70th minute - then was taken off. Seemed like a wasted opportunity, especially with Carroll winning everything.

Reminded me a bit of the Fulham result a few seasons ago, all the game and chances but no rub of the green. I'm not overly worried to be honest, but this is where we see if Hughton has the skills and bottle to make hard decisions.

With another quick striker upfront we'd be comfortable or better this season imo. Frustrating.

I think he's just scared of Nolan and Smith, they seem to have an unnatural hold on him. I can understand starting unchanged but after that first half, I expected changes and early in the 2nd half. Now we'll lose to Everton and the fear will set in and the early season lift will be gone. CH is just too negative in these key matches and seems not to react to what all can see happenning on the park.

Youre right they do. I think it was always going to be difficult for him to have that austerity and assertiveness with some of the senior players as his initial relationship with the players was as a coach. Its like one of your work colleages has been promoted as your boss. Anyway, hopefully this defeat will give him more courage in dropping the senior players and making braver decisions. Did anyone find out why nolan was shouting at the bench today?

Thats rght they do......ask Smith how many times he started in front of Guthrie last season after xmas.....no need to drop Nolan as he was scoring half the teams goals it would've been a bit of a bad move really B)

For fucks sakes this is Newcastle United man...this is what they do, the same as most other football clubs...anyone remember Man Utd 0 Burnley 1 from this time last season?...

He couldnt just bring 3 new players in today. After the events of last season and so far this season it would've been as disrespectful to the dropped players as a manager could've been. Its got fuck all to do with lacking guts,bottle or anything like that. Its called respect. And in the dressing room its vital he maintains it. If Smith, Williamson and Nolan had been benched today what would their and their teammates reaction have been?...would they have wanted to play for Hughton in the future if they felt that whatever they did they were always going to play second fiddle to the new lads?...look at what some of the Villa squad playes said about O'Neil after he left.....it certainly wasn't a happy ship, as we witnessed last month.

Very few managers would've changed the side that drastically today. Away to Everton I wouldnt expect too many either....Tiote for Smith?....away from home we're going to play Nolan in front of Ben Arfa because he's a lot more defensive by nature. Don't know about Campbell, but he hasn't signed him to sit on the bench I wouldnt have thought so Williamson might give way, which is hard on him as he's been one of our best players so far this season, but this weeks result does make these decisions a lot easier.

In the meantime stop fuckin whingeing. If anyone thought this season wasn't going to be full of ups and downs then they've not watched NUFC very much over the years.Wigan,Hull and Portsmouth have come out of the 2nd division and beaten us at home within a season or two, it does happen. Its mid Sepetember and we're mid table. Did anyone expect any different? :D

Sums it up for me, just an unluck day at the office.

Thought the blackpool fans were a good lot before during and after the match. Very jovial and colourful.

Dont know if anyone saw the young stag after the game outside of Yates dressed in an adult romper suit. They had his arse flap down, stretched him over a bin and were taking it in turns to wallop his bear arse with trainers. Some of the fuckers were taking a run up!!!! He wasnt half screamimg. Poor sod.

We played at a high tempo for about the first 20 mins and after that we eased off and that's what gave Blackpool the chance to come into the match.

First 10-15mins for me you could see we were sitting back and letting them play, no closing down and generally little from us overall. We didn't get into the game until mid way through the half.

:D

Isn't it marvellous how completely differently people can see the same game?

B) Brilliant.

On another note Ben Arfa looked class yesterday. He's so good on the ball and to the point.

Hopefully we can give him a start against Everton.

Where would you play him?

Not sure If Id drop Jonas or give him the role Nolan has.

With this there's a what I'd like to see happen and a what I think Hughton will do answer. I'd drop Nolan but he'll drop probably drop Routledge.

unfortunately probably true, if he drops either of them at all, we seem to be terrified of having any pace in the team...

Guest Tuco Ramirez
0-1 Adams.

You deliberately got that name wrong. Smith if you read these pages I think you're a fuckin cunt. If you had anything about you, you'd give every penny of your wage this week to charity, you complete fraudulent disgrace. I think right with Smith he's such a big figure in the dressing room, Mughton is scared to drop him. Get this Tote in you mug. Honestly and I mean this, I'm better than Smith.

0-1 Adams.

You deliberately got that name wrong. Smith if you read these pages I think you're a fuckin cunt. If you had anything about you, you'd give every penny of your wage this week to charity, you complete fraudulent disgrace. I think right with Smith he's such a big figure in the dressing room, Mughton is scared to drop him. Get this Tote in you mug. Honestly and I mean this, I'm better than Smith.

agreed, there is NO way that Tiote could be worse than Smith, he is literally shit at almost every facet of the game nowadays, he was always overrated imo but how he's gotten so unmitigatedly rubbish in the last few years is beyond me.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Guest Tuco Ramirez
0-1 Adams.

agreed, there is NO way that Tiote could be worse than Smith, he is literally shit at almost every facet of the game nowadays, he was always overrated imo but how he's gotten so unmitigatedly rubbish in the last few years is beyond me.

What does he dee????????????????????? Can't pass, can't shoot, can't head, can't dribble, can't control a ball, can't tackle. What the fuck does that cunt dee, someone tell me what he does. "Smith had a good game the day" normally means he won a tackle. He's shit and a mug.

and also, 75 appearances, 0 goals, that is abysmal. It's not his fault he gets picked though, CH has to drop him.

Was approaching, probably the best chance he'll get in an NUFC shirt last week at Villa and fell over. He'll leave the club without a goal.

was tripped tbf but still, youd think if he was going to pick one up it wouldve been in the CCC last season

0-1 Adams.

I rememeber reading back in 2006 how Fergy was going to turn Smith back into a striker at Gold Trafford.

0-1 Adams.

What does he dee????????????????????? Can't pass, can't shoot, can't head, can't dribble, can't control a ball, can't tackle. What the fuck does that cunt dee, someone tell me what he does. "Smith had a good game the day" normally means he won a tackle. He's shit and a mug.

He smiles a lot. :D

0-1 Adams.

I rememeber reading back in 2006 how Fergy was going to turn Smith back into a striker at Gold Trafford.

someone needs to turn him back into a footballer tbh

Blackpool 2 Newcastle 0 Ant and Dec in tears. LOL LOL small town beating a city. Come on Newcastle do something and stop living of Ant and Dec LOL LOL its fucking funny everyone laughing at yous. I'm on the floor now laughing me tits off. Sting ha ha ha never made it big worldwide this a joke a big city like Newcastle no one knows who you the fuck you are around the world sad but fucking funny at least Manchester got Utd ha ha. Oh a I forgot you got cole fucking skinny rake who cant sing lol you gotta fight fight fight geordies your a fucking JOKE

Blackpool 2 Newcastle 0 Ant and Dec in tears. LOL LOL small town beating a city. Come on Newcastle do something and stop living of Ant and Dec LOL LOL its fucking funny everyone laughing at yous. I'm on the floor now laughing me tits off. Sting ha ha ha never made it big worldwide this a joke a big city like Newcastle no one knows who you the fuck you are around the world sad but fucking funny at least Manchester got Utd ha ha. Oh a I forgot you got cole fucking skinny rake who cant sing lol you gotta fight fight fight geordies your a fucking JOKE

I'd always pictured you with moobs.