Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Not to 1/2 it hasn't. I heard before we beat the mackems, Pardew had been offered the job, if that's the case or some other useless cockney wank like Kinnear am not gann back. We were shit yesterday, but we were missing three midfielders who change our game immeasurably, all yesterday showed was our squad is shit, and that's not Hughton's fault.

19 months on, I'm prepared to hold my hands up and say "well done Mike", still a fat cockney wank though.

Edited by McFaul

19 months on, I'm prepared to hold my hands up and say "well done Mike", still a fat cockney wank though.

If only more people had this in their armoury..... #respecttoyouStevie

*safety wink*

If only more people had this in their armoury..... #respecttoyouStevie

*safety wink*

:lol: :lol: blatantly jealous of Clarke Carlisle's love for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't find the best place to put this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/26/fernando-torres-didier-drogba-chelsea

"I think we are realistic about where we think we are' date='" Pardew said. "I think we are in that group with Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool. But whether we can reach the dizzy heights of Man City, Man United, Chelsea … where they are now … it's going to be tough. But you've got to believe you can.

"[b']The only time I hear the word 'expectations' from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London.[/b] But up north, they know. We will continue hopefully to excel this year and get a top- eight finish. Top five would be a great achievement."

He's spot on though.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Some fucking nerve getting his team to go to the Etihad to actually try and win the game and not just roll over due to who they were playing.

I'm not excusing that performance but we went to Old Trafford and the Emtirates and didn't roll over. We were well beaten at Stamford Brdige too but again didn't roll over. Went to White Hart Lane and would have gotten a point if not for Bale.

Norwich have rolled over a few times this season, most notably at Anfield if I recall correctly.

Different circumstances today as well - Norwich had nothing to be nervy about like we did a couple of months back, and Man City have had a turbulent week and have no manager.

Agree with your underlying sentiment but I think you're being a bit kind to Norwich/Hughton there.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I'd take Hughton over Pardew on this seasons performance, if the roles were reversed there's no chance Pardew would have finished in 11th with that Norwich team.

Pardew might well have done better with a more 'home grown' squad than the squad he has here now.

If the masterplan is getting cheap players from abroad with a hunger (to move on to better things with and after us) then maybe they need to work out if Pardew is suited to his new 'foreign correspondent' role?

• 2 weeks later...

There was plenty of "one chris Hughton" at the games following his sack iirc.

Local bars [were] quick to cash in by doling out logo'd up pro-Hughton T-shirts.

Much attention had been devoted pre-match to the behaviour of home fans, with talk of protests, boycotts and various delayed entry schemes. With the game already heading for a 50K gate before Hughton's ousting and ticket prices £35 and upwards though, it seemed unlikely that punters would vote with their feet. That made the pertinent question how the mood of the crowd inside the ground would affect the game.

With memories of the post-Keegan departure game against Hull City in 2008 - and United's slipshod display - still fresh in the mind, that was something of a concern. In the event,as many cheers as jeers greeted the appearance of the teams, with only a couple of Hughton-related banners in the Gallowgate End giving any real clue to the untutored that all wasn't well round these parts. The biggest difference two years on proved to be that United scored early, breaking the off-field tension and seemingly strengthening belief on it.

http://nufc.com/html/2010-11html/2010-12-11liverpool-h.html

• 1 year later...