Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 years ago this month we were all up in arms at the thought of Venables becoming the next manager after SBR. How many of us wish we had gone down that route in hindsight?

Dyche, Pearson and Monk are unknown quantities at this level, but both Dyche and Pearson done well at championship level.

Dyche particularly getting a club the size of burnley automatic promotion.

Monk has already been mentioned, doing great work with Swansea so far, if that list is "poor managers" I dread to think where Pardew comes.

Redknapp isn't a better manager either imo.

When was the last time Bruce or Hughes got a team to 5th.

Pardew is an odious man, but not as bad or responsible as the burn the witch brigade are making out.

Last time Pardew did you wanted him sacked.

Go figure.

That's been doing the rounds for a while.

I don't know much of anything about Galtier, anyone got insight?

I know, maybe they are trying to rehash and old story, knowing that it's not going well for Pardew.

Pardew is an odious man, but not as bad or responsible as the burn the witch brigade are making out.

You keep banging that drum, but he's finished lower than that more often. Would that suggest 5th is his level, or an anomaly?

hint: it's not his level.

You keep banging that drum, but he's finished lower than that more often. Would that suggest 5th is his level, or an anomaly?

It's very simple. I am saying that despite the blokes personality, when he has been backed he has got results.

And by backed we are talking bare minimum not an abundant squad.

Selling Carroll and Cabaye half way through a season and not replacing them are situations most managers would struggle with.

The facts are however that he's finished 5th against the odds and Had us in the same strong position last Christmas until Cabaye went.

It's very simple. I am saying that despite the blokes personality, when he has been backed he has got results.

And by backed we are talking bare minimum not an abundant squad.

Selling Carroll and Cabaye half way through a season and not replacing them are situations most managers would struggle with.

The facts are however that he's finished 5th against the odds and Had us in the same strong position last Christmas until Cabaye went.

A page ago you were saying he had us chasing champions league despite Cabaye flouncing.

Now Cabaye was the entire difference between Champions League pre christmas and relegation form after.

Was it the player or the manager?

West Ham - 2005 - 9th

West Ham - 2006 - 18th (after 17 games, sacked in Dec)

Charlton - 2007 - 19th
Newcastle - 2011 - 12th
Newcastle - 2012 - 5th
Newcastle - 2013 - 16th
Newcastle - 2014 - 10th
Average - 12th-13th
CT wants us to get George Burley in. He took Ipswich to 5th place man!
Or what about Mike Walker? We could be chasing third.

It's laughable really. We've all Sat there all summer waiting for Charnley and Carr to get a proven striker and CB in. But because they haven't it's time for Anti Pardew protests.

It was time for anti Pardew protests before the window opened. Again, you missed the Cardiff game though, so you'll have forgotten.

It's laughable really. We've all Sat there all summer waiting for Charnley and Carr to get a proven striker and CB in. But because they haven't it's time for Anti Pardew protests.

The recruits dont matter to me - it's the fact we're just as shit as ever with no prospect of improvement in the short, medium or long term.

The bloke is just a shit manager - I don't know why thats so hard to grasp.

Edited by NJS

Aye, because the anti-Pardew stuff is a new thing amongst the fans. Do you only open your mouth to change feet?

The recruits dont matter to me - it's the fact we're just as shit as ever with no prospect of improvement in the short, medium or long term.

Exactly.

I think its more because the football is shit and has been for a long time, and the buck stops with Pardew

I'm not saying he's great, but whoever gets the job will do know better if not backed or continually has his best players sold half way through a campaign.

Hughes finished 6th with Blackburn in 2006 and 7th in 2008. He's been more consistent with higher position than Pardew in the past, that's how he got the Man City job.

:lol:

If my job is to drive people to the airport and he issues me with a car missing a wheel, don't blame me for the bumpy ride.

I also wouldnt expect you to have the car stuck in cruise control at 40 mph whilst you use the wrong pedals, drive in the wrong direction, and spend more time on the phone and looking at yourself in the mirror than looking at the road....