Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

All hail HBA and the Geordie nation

- Demba Ba has scored 30 goals in 55 PL games for West Ham and Newcastle.

- Hatem Ben Arfa has embarked on more dribbles (83) this season than either Aston Villa or West Brom.

For the bin-dippers

- Luis Suarez has scored with six of his 56 shots this season so takes 9.33 shots for each goal. By way of comparison, Demba Ba has scored seven goals at a rate of a goal every 5.14 shots.

- Suarez has been involved (scored or assisted) 80% of Liverpool's PL goals this season (excl. own goals).

For anyone who hates Villa

- Alex McLeish amassed 11 points from his first nine games as Villa boss last season. Lambert's Villa have six points.

- Gabriel Agbonlahor has failed to score in his last 28 PL appearances. He took no shots v Norwich on Saturday.

For all of us as we all hate Mark Hughes

- QPR had 12 points after nine games under Neil Warnock at the start of last season. This season they have three points.

- They have picked up nine red cards so far in 2012.

And this is just funny

- Sunderland have recorded just 12 shots on target in eight games this season. They managed none at Stoke on Saturday.

- Sunderland have won only one of their last 16 PL games

- Southampton have conceded more goals (26) after nine games than any team in PL history.

- Stoke have won only one of their last 15 PL games.

- West Ham are the only team not to attempt a single through ball this season.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Japanese firms have teamed up to create a toilet that doubles up as a goalkeeper.

The Super Great Toiler Keeper showed off its prowess by saving penalties from Japanese star striker Tatsuhiko 'Dragon' Kubo.

It uses motion-detecting cameras to calculate the flight of the ball, pivot on its axis, and fire a small ball from the bowl to parry the incoming soccer ball.

The bizarre invention is the unlikely result of two Japanese companies with similar names and vastly different products, joining forces.

Toilet maker Toto and sports lottery agent Toto pitched their collaboration as an environmentally friendly project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV6so87RZNQ&feature=plcp&noredirect=1

- West Ham are the only team not to attempt a single through ball this season.

:lol:

"We are here to create, inspire, to fulfil people's dreams.That's what I am about. I am a creative person. My mind doesn't think about boring logistics. I want to do something different."

Big Sam on bringing sexy back in March 2012.

Take away the games Ba was made to play on the left wing and its nearer 30 goals in 35 games.

Most prolific striker weve had since the days of Ferdinand and Cole

Did he not miss chances in those games or play centrally like? :lol:

Whey it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Ba through the middle = goals, Ba playing out wide = no goals.

He did have chances though playing out wide but missed a lot that he would've scored earlier on that season. Also he played centrally quite a bit too as he and Cisse interchanged during games.

The problem is that they're both out and out no.9's. Neither are particularly suited to the dropping off creative forward role.

Aye, they both make very similar runs etc. Not that they're the same types of no. 9 as them but it's similar to the situation when Shearer and Ferdinand played together.

Aye, they both make very similar runs etc. Not that they're the same types of no. 9 as them but it's similar to the situation when Shearer and Ferdinand played together.

It wouldn't be a problem if they both received service from out wide like Shearer and Ferdinand did.

It wouldn't be a problem if they both received service from out wide like Shearer and Ferdinand did.

Aye, true enough. It was more that they both get in each others way at times the way Shearer and Ferdinand did. We were still (very) effective with Shearer and Ferdinand playing though. The football wasn't quite as good though. I suppose that's being picky but at the time we thought we could afford to be. Anyway, Mick Quinn reckons Cisse and Ba can play together so it must be true.

Anyone buying this stuff about Clattenburg? He would have to have had some meltdown to call one player a Spanish twat before telling Mikel to "shut it, monkey".

Seems highly unlikely to me, and the fact they've now dropped the charge about Mata makes it look even more suspect.

Be interesting to see if any other Chelsea players come forward to support Mikel's version of events after the collective deafness they all exhibited in the Anton Ferdinand affair.

Thought it sounded very suspect first time I heard it.

Mind, half the wankers playing for Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc, I'd have to send myself off for violent conduct to be honest. You'd soon see them pipe down a bit the first few times a ref sent the likes of Rooney off for backchat.

Be interesting to see if any other Chelsea players come forward to support Mikel's version of events after the collective deafness they all exhibited in the Anton Ferdinand affair.

Apparently Mikel didn't even hear it. It was two other Chelsea players who brought it to his attention. Always standing up for what's right.

Anyone buying this stuff about Clattenburg? He would have to have had some meltdown to call one player a Spanish twat before telling Mikel to "shut it, monkey".

Seems highly unlikely to me, and the fact they've now dropped the charge about Mata makes it look even more suspect.

29397853.jpg

Chelsea fans last night not doing the club any favoirs either

Christ.

Re Clattenburg: Is anything due to be published today about it? Chelsea's 'internal investigation' into it was meant to have concluded yesterday. I agree with GEMMILL though, he must have suffered a breakdown to have said what he had said. It's an interesting dichotomy though - If he ended up getting charged with racist language, his career would be effectively over. Compared to John Terry, Suarez, Ferdinand's 'choc ice' comment.

If it is found that there is no substance to the accusations whatever, Chelsea should be punished severely IMO.

Edited by ADP