Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to disagree, so:

@NUFCThreatLevel Hasselbaink to manage Antwerp? Good enough reason for video of our 0-5 win there.. #MikeJeffreyFans #NUFC

:D

".....Newcastle score four and that is their average for the season so far....."

Sigh. We'll never see those days again.

:(

Found out recently that this gentleman was my great grandfather (my grandmother never knew him).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hampson

Blackpool's record goalscorer, England international in the 30s, died in a fishing accident aged 31.

So I'm thinking maybe there's still hope for my own career in football, given it's in my blood?

Really have to feel for them, from Pulis to Hughes :anguish:

they wanted rid of Pulis:lol:

they'll be much the same next season as they have been since they came into the league....only a bad run away from relegation...

thing is, Hughes has been told to cut costs, 80million on players got them a cup final and 8 games in Europe...not a big return for the chairmans money..

You know, clubs like West Brom Southampton etc. And even us to an extent duirng our UEFA Cup qualifying years. Mostly mid table finishes but at least the fans have had some decent football to enjoy. In the end, thats what basics comes down to isnt it? Enjoying the weekend, having a good day out. Its enough to keep most people happy despite lack of trophies etc etc.

Those poor souls get to watch their players kick people for 90 minutes and thats that. The throw ins were fun for a while, cant think of much else. Add to that being unanimously hated by neutrals. Finally they get rid of Pulis and lo and behold enter Mark Hughes!! :suicide:

Wigan gone, hopefully Stoke go too. Just need to get shot of the rest of them and we might finish top half...

Must be just me who doesn't think Hughes is that bad then. Thought he did alright at Fulham in particular.

from the Telegraph

Fulham (2010–2011)

Had a difficult act to follow in Roy Hodgson, who had taken Fulham to the Europa League final, but overcame a spate of player injuries to guide the London sideto eighth in the Premier League and back into the Europa League via Fair Play qualification.

• Games 38
  • Won 11
  • Drew 16
  • Lost 11
  • Win percentage 28.95

29% win percentage is shit. Hughes is shit.

Been saying that stoke have spent a lot of the last three years have they not?

At least this will help QPR offload some of their high wage bill!