Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chairman of the most geographically perfect team in the UK speaks out about the festive fixture schedule, the complete fuckin strap-on... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stoke-city-chairman-slams-premier-1969828

:lol:

He's just guaranteed himself some "extra seasoning" in his meal by all the Geordie chefs in his hotel, pissed off they're working Christmas Day to feed fucking Stoke.

:lol:

He's just guaranteed himself some "extra seasoning" in his meal by all the Geordie chefs in his hotel, pissed off they're working Christmas Day to feed fucking Stoke.

"Chefs" As if hay requires prep

It's hardly that much of a trek he'd be fine he left for the game on Boxing Day morning :lol:. Unless he's playing in the game and has to prepare with the other players like.

Edited by Howay

It'll never happen but it'd be awesome if it did.

If it happened with the World Cup, they'd have to move the Olympics as well.

It'll never happen, but by Christ if it did we've proven with the Olympics that England can put on a show.

Not necessarily, they've a further two years to sort things out before the Olympics. They've loads of time for this to calm down too, the threat of losing the WC should be enough to scare them.

what would happen with qualificaton if that happened? England as host nation but still having to run the qualifiers?

brazil having played no qualifiers but no longer hosts?

I'd imagine England will have already qualified before any decision was taken. If they failed to qualify I'm not sure what would happen. The situation in Brazil would need to be extreme for any of this to happen though.

what would happen with qualificaton if that happened? England as host nation but still having to run the qualifiers?

brazil having played no qualifiers but no longer hosts?

Back alley knife fight?

If it happened with the World Cup, they'd have to move the Olympics as well.

It'll never happen, but by Christ if it did we've proven with the Olympics that England can put on a show.

For some reason I can imagine Fish saying that in a Donald Sinden accent.

It's clearly utter, utter rubbish but it makes sense - we could host a World Cup tomorrow. :up:

The fact that what you've said there's true makes it even more depressing they picked Russia for 2018, I still can't get over that mind. How did they stand there and announce Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 without bursting out laughing.

The fact that what you've said there's true makes it even more depressing they picked Russia for 2018, I still can't get over that mind. How did they stand there and announce Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 without bursting out laughing.

With their pockets nicely filled no doubt.

Funny how football is run by clowns at the top level, whether its the FA, UEFA or FIFA. Maybe Kinnear's appointment isnt that out of place after all.

Yeah they are crooked as fuck. Qatar for crying out loud - it's currently a desert - and I don't think it's much bigger than Manchester. They'll have to host it in the winter too. :lol:

It's a complete joke but that's the way football is these days. The Russia decision is just as bad.

I think there was a long related topic to this sort of thing but I can't find it. Perhaps if a mod remembers they can stick it there :)

-----------

Internet service providers in the UK could be forced to block a Swedish-based website which streams live football matches.

The Premier League is in the process of requesting a court order that would make ISPs effectively ban their customers from accessing www.FirstRow1.eu.

The planned legal action by the football governing body follows moves made by the music and film industries.

They have successfully blocked websites which offer the opportunity to download copyrighted material, such as Pirate Bay, under Section 97 of the 1988 Copyright, Design and Patent Act.

The Premier League has agreed a new worldwide television deal worth around £5.5bn over three years, starting with the new season.

BT has paid £246m to the Premier League for three years and BSkyB, the parent company of Sky News, has invested £760m in its football coverage for the next three seasons.

The Premier League has written to the major UK ISPs, which also include Virgin Media and TalkTalk, to outline its plans to apply for a court order to block www.FirstRow1.eu.

The proposals are expected to be put forward by the end of the month.

Should the court order be granted, the ISPs would then have to contest the application, or comply and restrict access.

It is understood that indications are the ISPs have no plans to go against any such application.

The Premier League has for many years monitored various websites during live matches and enforced the removal of any streaming content which breaches copyright.

-----------

I'm not quite sure what the point is that they tried a similar thing with the likes of pirate bay which is still quite easily reached from the UK even though ISP's have blocked it.

ha...I wonder?...probably nowt in it, but Ashley can be decisive when he wants to be....

this is his Brighton record...not startling tbh..

Played Won Drawn Lost Win ratio

44.3%