Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

It's undergoing 6 months renovation, the signage is down, and there's a notice saying 'new bar coming soon'. Probably be 'Kinnear's' or something.

Might as well. He'll probably spend all his time in there anyway.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's undergoing 6 months renovation, the signage is down, and there's a notice saying 'new bar coming soon'. Probably be 'Kinnear's' or something.

6 months to renovate a new bar!? What the hell's wrong with it?! :lol:

Thats Ashley iyam...still doesnt realise that running football clubs can cost a huge amount of money...I wouldnt expect too many signings this summer tbh...

http://www.independe...as-8665918.html

Newcastle had to overspend to save their necks. Club insiders claim £33m was spent in that crazy month on fees for transfers, signing-on agreements and agents, when five French players – Mathieu Debuchy, Massadio Haïdara, Yoan Gouffran, Yanga-Mbiwa and Sissoko – arrived on Tyneside.

The signing on fees must've been pretty hefty. Or someone is talking out of their arse.

I don't think I have ever felt this disillusioned in my 40 odd years of following NUFC, its not band wagon jumping as Kinnear would like to believe it's a case of not seeing any logic or forethought in this situation what so ever.

Llambias resigning is probably the lesser of many evils that have occurred over the last few days, Pardew appears to be on borrowed time, Graham Carr must be weighing up the situation and IMO will probably jump ship in the next month or so (he will be snapped up by another club)

Any player thinking of coming here (and we need at least 5 new signings) will be thinking twice about coming to a club that look like they have very little idea of what direction they are going in, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse will be looking elsewhere partly to do with the goings on over the last few days and the terrible decision IMO of having Wonga as our main sponsor.

Gutted, embarrassed, angry, helpless!!

Certainly seen better times!!

Thing is, I'm not totally against a Director of Football per say. I've never really liked the structure, but I'd be willing to be persuaded by the club having a go at it. Problem is, they've hired a total fuckwit to do it. It's quite possibly the worst appointment ever made in football. I mean it.

Thing is, I'm not totally against a Director of Football per say. I've never really liked the structure, but I'd be willing to be persuaded by the club having a go at it. Problem is, they've hired a total fuckwit to do it. It's quite possibly the worst appointment ever made in football. I mean it.

Totally agree. I've tried to think of a worst possible appointment and I've only come up with Paul Merson

If i was an owner of a football club and i knew nowt about football,i'd employ someone who i believe knows about football to oversee the comings and goings and the general way the club is being run on the footballing side.Ashley clearly believes JFK is the man for the job.We cannot really blame JFK for putting in for the job,because we would all have applied if we'd known the position was available.

You would think Ashley would know a lot more about football now he's been running a club for 6 years. I almost think this is like that film Major League where the owner purposely makes the team shite so they can move the team to another city.

You would think Ashley would know a lot more about football now he's been running a club for 6 years. I almost think this is like that film Major League where the owner purposely makes the team shite so they can move the team to another city.

FFS! Don't give the cunt ideas man!

Dennis Wise realy would be a step too far. I'm one of these knackers who always goes no matter what the dross is on display and never threaten to walk or stay away, but I would boycott the shit out of this club if that poisoned dwarf returned.

I think Ashley likes to play Billy Big Bollocks. He likes to be the smartest guy in the room. He doesn't want a manager, chairman or director of football that tells him something he doesn't believe. He wants a man to come in who is firmly in agreement with his vision of what football is about, both on the field and in the boardroom.

I think Ashley sees it as a very simple game, so he needs a very simple man to come in, who will not challenge him on his preconceptions. It doesn't have to be pretty for Ashley, like his shops, buy cheap, sell at a profit. Stock your cheapest tat (players I mean) alongside your expensive brands (the ones that bring in the punters) turn a profit on the cheap ones, not necessarily the big names.

It's mad, isn't it? These 8 year contracts were to be a sure sign of stability, we had a formula that we knew could work. It worked for Ashley financially and it was working for the club. I think for that reason alone we all thought Ashley would give the whole team time to get things right.

We shouldn't ever be surprised by Ashley though, and basically he's destroyed the whole setup and brought Kinnear in to be the omniscient overseer of the whole club. I just cannot see this ending well.