Newcastle United Vs. West Bromwich Albion

loonyTOON

Yeah, bringing on Smith was nothing less than a kick in the balls. He hadn't played in months, he was fucking shit to start with, and we took off one of our best-performing players to put him on. LuaLua was shit too compared to Ferguson. All around, the subs were brainless and we remain unable to preserve leads (Mackems away, Spurs home, this game), which cost us a place in the top half.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with people about the subs costing us, there was no need at all to take Ferguson off, Guthrie was going fine and to bring on Smith, he is imobile when fully fit, he's just come back from serious inujury so what the fuck was he brought on for, we completely lost the midfield after that.

At 3-0 we went into cruise control, they scored and briefly it kicked us up the arse and we had a quick flurry of effort, then we just switched off again for the rest of the match.

Puttin the season into perspective though....finished in 12th on 46 points. 16 points behind Spurs in 5th. Thats 5 wins and a draw. Ok so...

Game today we should of won (Late Goal/Total collapse) 2

Stoke away we should of got at least a point. 1

Everton at Home we should of won. 3

Blackburn away we should of won. 2

Spurs at home we should of won (Late goal). 2

Mackems away we should of won (Late goal). 2

Bolton away we should of got at least a point. 1

Fulham at home we should of won. 2

Blackburn at home we should of won. 3

There is just a handfull of games we should of won or at least drawn. 16 points from teams we should be getting results against. That there is how we need to improve next season. It was partly down to having no quality upfront after AC but also the inability to hold onto a lead, concentrate and see games out.

Could of been so much better in hindsight not losing Barfa to injury and AC to greed.

lol aye just ignore the games where we should've got fuck all sure honestly what an utterly stupid post

You are a bit special arent you?

We are talkin about how it could of been better. Fuck sake. Idiot. Irish.

The only teams we've beaten since the turn of the year are Wigan, West Ham, Wolves and Birmingham.

We finished about right - shite but not quite shite enough to go down.

Puttin the season into perspective though....finished in 12th on 46 points. 16 points behind Spurs in 5th. Thats 5 wins and a draw. Ok so...

There is just a handfull of games we should of won or at least drawn. 16 points from teams we should be getting results against. That there is how we need to improve next season. It was partly down to having no quality upfront after AC but also the inability to hold onto a lead, concentrate and see games out.

Could of been so much better in hindsight not losing Barfa to injury and AC to greed.

lol aye just ignore the games where we should've got fuck all sure honestly what an utterly stupid post

You are a bit special arent you?

We are talkin about how it could of been better. Fuck sake. Idiot. Irish.

Wow, that's like the special pot calling the non-special kettle "a special pot."

If you're going to call someone special and an idiot try not to make the same grammatical error 12 times in your previous post. Before you moan about it being a football board and not an english exam, maybe you shouldn't insult other people first.

You do realise that whilst we were 'only' 16 points off europe, we were a massive 7 points clear of relegation. Rather than needing 5 or 6 more bits of luck to get into europe, only 3 bits of bad luck could HAVE seen us down. And I can easily think of 3 games where we escaped with undeserved points.

Just so this isn't another post of me (and my different perspective) only slagging you (and your different perspective) off, how can we address the problem of the "inability to hold onto a lead, concentrate and see games out." If its cost us that many points this season, I'm worried its not going to be easily solved just by having a better strikeforce or new squad players. Maybe we need better, fitter defenders and midfielders. Maybe we need a new approach to player fitness. Maybe a new tactical approach to closing out games. Maybe we need a concentration-increasing machine. None of these have an easy, obvious solution to me, so I'd say its presumptuous to assume that all will be sorted by next season. After all, Pards has had a decent proportion of the season and, if anything, the problem has got worse. Maybe the problem will be even worse next season.....maybe 8 points worse...

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

The only teams we've beaten since the turn of the year are Wigan, West Ham, Wolves and Birmingham.

We finished about right - shite but not quite shite enough to go down.

Exactly, in short this season has been mental with everyone slipping up top and bottom at the same sort of times, and our first half of the season saved our arses.

.............which is very worrying indeed.

I've forgotten who it was we were playing, but it was a league 1 team, or perhaps league 2, in the FA Cup a season or two ago with Smith in central midfield, they bossed our midfield all game, he's an absolute fucking disgrace in terms of his work ethic, commitment and general attitude.

Not sure about a season or 2 ago but that was the situation when we lost 3-1 to stevenage this year. Was thoroughly outclassed, and resulted in tiote coming on to bail him out and being sent-off. Still Stevenage could go up through the league 2 playoffs, so its early to write him off as not good enough for a lower league 2 team

Not convinced that the first half of the season was better, think on points its probably pretty even. We had that good burst around Arsenal away but some pretty dire results against lowly teams aswell. Where's Nick to tott them up when we need him?

Also, I dont think its that true that teams at the bottom have been slipping up any more than usual, 2 were relegated with 39 which would have been enough in the last couple of seasons.

We finished a deserved and comfortable 12th, which I think you'd have to say we'd all have been delighted with at the start of the season.

Not convinced that the first half of the season was better, think on points its probably pretty even. We had that good burst around Arsenal away but some pretty dire results against lowly teams aswell. Where's Nick to tott them up when we need him?

Also, I dont think its that true that teams at the bottom have been slipping up any more than usual, 2 were relegated with 39 which would have been enough in the last couple of seasons.

We finished a deserved and comfortable 12th, which I think you'd have to say we'd all have been delighted with at the start of the season.

Agreed, its just a sour taste to finish the way we did. The season in general, was good, probably the most entertaining season in a in years. Hopefully we can build from here.

Well that was disappointing. 3 minutes from a finish above the Mackems in the top half of the table. As it is we have thrown away a 3 goal lead and let some no mark score a hattrick against us and I've already had about 7 texts from mongs giving it 'top dogs lolz'

I can't help but think that if Hughton had not been sacked and was still in charge we would have finished higher up the table.

I certainly don't think Pardew has shown himself to be a better manager, and certainly not after today.

There is just a handfull of games we should of won or at least drawn.

Putting aside your diabolical use of grammar, you are fucking kidding me with regards to those in bold aren't you? :lol:

Did anyone see that banner unveiled at 3-0 "North East's top dogs". Blatently the reason why it all crumbled.....

Had some bother in the Gallowgate today, some fella's started on me and a couple of other lads for 'singing too much' :lol:

Substitutions or not, no side out there should've thrown away a three goal lead.

While I'd question the reasoning behind Pardew's changes, the playersob the field should not have conceded three goals in the manner in which they did.

I can't help but think that if Hughton had not been sacked and was still in charge we would have finished higher up the table.

I certainly don't think Pardew has shown himself to be a better manager, and certainly not after today.

Agreed, I think the signs were good under Hughton and but for his sacking and the Ben Arfa injury I reckon we would've finished around 8th.

I think if Tiote played in this we would have won for sure.

Costly decision to rest him. You'd have to think that next season we would have more players fit and available to play to fill in for him.

Even if he had picked up a yellow when played I'd be a lot happier than I am now.

typical of the season really - good patches and then points hoyed away for no good reason - we'd have been top 6 or 7 if we'd held on in a couple more home games

The players thought they had it in the bag and started taking it easy. Its hard to get back to the level we were previously playing after that. Shame, but not the end of the world. In fact its probably a good reminder to the board that we need to heavily invest.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Canny first half and I was impressed with Ferguson. Though when we went 3-0 I think that flattered us slightly. Shite subs combined with players thinking the season was over halfway through second half didnt help.

Still, decent season all things considered.