Tooj

How fucking soft is that reporter. All high pitched "Oh I didn't mean it like that!"

The correct response was "Oh fuck off you precious little saggy faced used car salesman."

:lol:

"aww, cahm orf it squire, I was only messin'"

If you haven't yet seen it there's an 18 minute long interview with him on skysports.com

http://www.skysports...7411270,00.html

:wank:

Legend. B)

Called it St James' Park too. :good:

One of the things I love about that interview is that he actually answers the questions honestly. None of that media trained footballer brainless platitudes. He seems intelligent and I guess that helps...

Seems like an absolutely top bloke.

Edited by hostile_statue

If you haven't yet seen it there's an 18 minute long interview with him on skysports.com

Legend. B)

One of the things I love about that interview is that he actually answers the questions honestly. None of that media trained footballer brainless platitudes. He seems intelligent and I guess that helps...

Seems like an absolutely top bloke.

Agreed. Very intelligent and seems like a decent guy.

The fact that he's keen to go to PSG I can handle a great deal better than if Litterpoo were to get him.

I think he'll stay till the end of the season, and then he'll be off to Paris.

Who wouldn't want to play for the club they actually support?

From the man himself:

Pourquoi parler de déplacement de Newcastle? Jai exprimé ma joie pour le PSG mais je suis concentré sur Newcastle et le Sénégal en ce moment.

And Google translation:

Why talk of moving from Newcastle? Jai expressed my joy for the PSG but i am concentrated on Newcastle and the Senegal at the moment.

Je ne veux pas parler d'autres clubs, Newcastle et mon pays sont au centre .. ne se passe rien en Janvier. Im et heureux au.

And again:

I do not want to speak to other clubs, Newcastle, and my country are at the center ... nothing is happening in January. Im and pleased to [???]

Legend. B)

I'd wondered where this syrup thing had come from :lol:

I love how seriously he says it too, how his face changes expression as he says it :D

Edited by Semimental

This obviously isn't going to sit well, but it's poetic justice in a way ie. this low-ball figure clause, if Redknapp is on the money.

Ashley/the club are unwilling to pay the going rate for very good players, and have become adept at sniffing out these clause related deals. This is were the club's involvement with Kia Joorabchian, as a consultant (as reported last year iirc), comes into affect imho. The bloke has an extensive list of contacts in the player agent game, so in some cases we'll get the jump on rivals ie. Wenger calling a meeting, with his recruiting department, regarding the one that got away/Cabaye.

Fair play to Ba's agent, for insisting that a clause be written into the contract. A sensible contigency plan, that takes into account the players perceived transfer market value & likely earnings potential at a base rate - as opposed to an incentive orientated deal, if the player (in this case Ba) experiences a break-out season at a club that utilises an uncompetitive wage cap. As was the case with Enrique the ball is now in the club's court, that is to offer a competive wage package and to show some ambition (to lay a down marker of intent) and this includes hanging on to the team's top performing players. Ba (at 26) is at the peak of his powers right now, and probably has just one big pay-day left in his career, and as a late-bloomer it makes little sense to sit on an incentive-based deal up until the twilight stage of his career where there is downward slide kicks-in re: earnings.

We've live by the sword by sniffing out clauses, and securing good players for relative peanuts, or below their true market value. Pardew/the club played the 'media game' (tried to unsettle the lad at Swansea) and tried to activate a clause. Now it's time to duly die by the sword.

Im hearing about a link with Liverpool too now :glare:

Oh the irony.....

Liverpool fan mate of mine was nagging me about it, told him I'd be worried about him going to Spurs but if its Liverpool we should seriously consider selling :P

Yup, those comments about PSG ticked me off a bit. Im hearing about a link with Liverpool too now :glare:

worth remembering that Demba is actually french, born in Sévres (according to wikipedia, I dont just know this crap off the top of my head) which is a Paris suburb

True enough and its understandable he'd want to go there, but he should not be taking about it, especially at a time like this when he's being linked with just about everyone. Not reading too much into it though, the lad is very level headed generally, and then there's always the suspicion of what players actually said and meant and what gets published.

Tired of the speculation already. Thanks for fueling it so much, Harry.

As soon as we have some success the press start circling and the speculation mounts because how could a player stay at little Newcastle when all those big clubs are after him. As soon as a player does well for us they assume that he's off.

I don't care how much profit they could make off him - just refuse to sell him unless he turns out to be the complete opposite of the person he appears to be and hands in a transfer request. I can understand the allure of massive profits (since we don't know much about this release clause) but sometimes you need to keep certain players to build the squad around.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Would a release clause mean he can choose whichever club he likes for that minimum amount, or that we must accept some offer above that amount, but are at liberty as to which we do accept?

If it's the latter then at least we can trigger a bidding war and get reasonable money for him.