Tooj

We got 5th on the back of his goals last season...

Ba's? I was thinking about this yesterday, how many goals did he score in games we lost and drew in? Can anyone be arsed to trawl through and see which games he scored which resulted in 0 or 1 points. There were a few but not sure if i'm over-estimating the times it happened.

Also, we got 5th on the back of Cisse's goals technically as Ba's dried up.

Ba's? I was thinking about this yesterday, how many goals did he score in games we lost and drew in? Can anyone be arsed to trawl through and see which games he scored which resulted in 0 or 1 points. There were a few but not sure if i'm over-estimating the times it happened.

Also, we got 5th on the back of Cisse's goals technically as Ba's dried up.

When Ba scored last season our league record was:

W6 D2 L2

It would have been utterly redundant if his knee had went.

Aye I know - christ knows where I was coming from with that rubbish :lol:

Considering we got him for nowt though I doubt we can complain about it being £7m. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't his release clause be in some way proportional to his wages i.e. if it was a £15m clause he'd have demanded a higher basic wage to compensate?

When Ba scored last season our league record was:

W6 D2 L2

I think i was over-estimating it but i suppose its only contributing to 20 out of 65 points. One quarter of his goals last season came in defeats, of the rest, 6 of them were in 2 games. Straw clutched.

Considering we got him for nowt though I doubt we can complain about it being £7m. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't his release clause be in some way proportional to his wages i.e. if it was a £15m clause he'd have demanded a higher basic wage to compensate?

I see it like those Wonga sliders, the wages going up the further you push that slider across for the release clause :lol:

I guess the same place you got the second part of this post from too

I guess the same place you got the second part of this post from too

Ok, explain...

How I see it is the higher the release clause, the less likely the player is going to get his 'dream move' as clubs will be put off by the price. Therefore the player will demand a higher basic wage over the term of his contract.

Ok, explain...

How I see it is the higher the release clause, the less likely the player is going to get his 'dream move' as clubs will be put off by the price. Therefore the player will demand a higher basic wage over the term of his contract.

It does make sense tbh.

A_w3lvdCMAAzxUO.jpg

It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

Considering we got him for nowt though I doubt we can complain about it being £7m.

It's not really a £7m profit though. Considering he was on a free I'd imagine that his signing on fee and agent fees would have come to around the £2m mark and if the stories are to be belived, we'll only receive £5m of any transfer fee with the rest going to the player.

It's a bit like going to the races, having a few bets, getting pissed and coming home with about the same amount of money in your pocket as when you left the house.

It's a bit like going to the races, having a few bets, getting pissed and coming home with about the same amount of money in your pocket as when you left the house.

And the disappointment that the 12/1 shot you had 20 quid on finished 2nd by a short nose.

In a nutshell.

End of the day you can't expect a player to show loyalty at a club where there is absolutely no chance of it being reciprocated.

One of our best ever players in terms of value for money and he's gone with plenty of time to sort out a replacement.

Sad to see him go but not pissed off with him.

agree with that.

One of our best ever players in terms of value for money and he's gone with plenty of time to sort out a replacement.

Sad to see him go but not pissed off with him.

Can't argue with that, but I'd struggle to hold back a smirk if he did his knee in on his debut.

Try to avoid the discussion about the clause in hindsight simply because how can we know what the negotiations were like? 7 million to Ashley might have seemed like decent profit on a free transfer so they didn't put up much of a fight....or it could have been something they fought to push UP to 7 million from a lower fee....who knows? Of course Demba negotiated the contract to his advantage (or his agents did, however you want to look at it) You don't think Mike Ashley negotiated it to his advantage? We could have tried to tie him up on a 4 year contract and given him higher wages/no release clause...but what sense would that make with a guy that has a dodgy knee? Hindsight is always 20/20 friends.

Even with all the things I've said a few pages back- I can't possibly know what they offered in a new contract or when they did it- but I do know we can expect players to leave if we don't show intent.

Intent now is signing a striker and CB.

When you look back on it- Demba was one of the best signings we've had in a long time. Sure it was only 18 months but what a great job he did in that period and all on a free transfer. Sure there were agent fees and the like- but even when you spend 10 million on a player there are agent fees and wages to deal with.

Try to avoid the discussion about the clause in hindsight simply because how can we know what the negotiations were like? 7 million to Ashley might have seemed like decent profit on a free transfer so they didn't put up much of a fight....or it could have been something they fought to push UP to 7 million from a lower fee....who knows? Of course Demba negotiated the contract to his advantage (or his agents did, however you want to look at it) You don't think Mike Ashley negotiated it to his advantage? We could have tried to tie him up on a 4 year contract and given him higher wages/no release clause...but what sense would that make with a guy that has a dodgy knee? Hindsight is always 20/20 friends.

Even with all the things I've said a few pages back- I can't possibly know what they offered in a new contract or when they did it- but I do know we can expect players to leave if we don't show intent.

Intent now is signing a striker and CB.

When you look back on it- Demba was one of the best signings we've had in a long time. Sure it was only 18 months but what a great job he did in that period and all on a free transfer. Sure there were agent fees and the like- but even when you spend 10 million on a player there are agent fees and wages to deal with.

I would imagine his fee (after agent deductions) has probably covered his entire time here so effectively we have had a player for 18 months without really paying a penny.

Demba Ba @dembabafoot

Find the time to thanks what nufc has done for me. And also thanks the true fans that has supported me from day 1. I'll always remember you

Fingers crossed that

1. we actually do and

2. It's someone who can play with Cisse.

I don't expect anything (well, apart from disappointment) with this club but if they do manage the above then selling him might actually put us in a better situation.