Drug users

McFaul

What would you describe yourself as out of these  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if that's a real festival or not, my point is no one here had heard of any yank music festivals, while I'm sure half of America have heard of Glastonbury.

Ah, now that's bull. I'd say that out of 200 random people who were at Glastonbury, 198 would have heard of Woodstock. Like you said Stevie, your music knowledge is akin to CT's football knowledge, so it's understanderble that you haven't heard of Woodstock, but it's a hugely famous festival and has more references to it in popular culture than Glastonbury does.

It was a one off concert even The Beatles didn't turn out for. First time I'd heard of it was on Forrest Gump.

Glastonbury is the most famous annual music festival in the world though, it really is.

I doubt if many people will even remember Glastonbury in 40 odd years time.

By the time Woodstock came about, it was all over for the beatles bar the shouting so its not surprising they wren't there.

What the fuck? Is this a wind up? Glastonbury has been going for 40 years man.

I've never dabbled with drugs [unless alcohol is a "drug"] but voted to see if anybody admitted to it !!!!

I wouldn't say anybody is an idiot for criticising others who have, I would presume if you get into the wrong sort of crowd it could have been quite easy to get sucked into it. Luckily I wasn't, but I've never smoked either for the same reason. Maybe both mindsets come from the same stable, I knew I wasn't going to do either so didn't surround myself by people that did.

Have only done cowies a few times as most of my mates are boozers and I tend to stick to the drink.

That said, each time I've done them I've had a belting night and the day after has been far easier than with a massive booze induced hangover. Which makes me think I should have done them more often.

I always find the Mary Whitehouse types who don't dabble in booze or drugs are precisely the people who would actually get the most out of them.

Have only done cowies a few times as most of my mates are boozers and I tend to stick to the drink.

That said, each time I've done them I've had a belting night and the day after has been far easier than with a massive booze induced hangover. Which makes me think I should have done them more often.

I always find the Mary Whitehouse types who don't dabble in booze or drugs are precisely the people who would actually get the most out of them.

maybe its an age thing, but it seems when I was in my teens and 20's people either took hard drugs or nothing at all.

Only American festivals I know of are South by South West, Woodstock (though I'm not even sure if it's still going) and Lolollapaloosa (again, not sure if it's still going or even how it's spelled)

The Fish Quay festival pisses on them all.…

…Pass the acid.

(Smoked like a trooper from 18-mid twenties, living in the wilds of France was a great place to get mashed. Also acid and a bit of William Whizz.

Only very occasionally have a wee toke now. )

Aye, Stevie's right actually in terms of US festivals that are still going.

What other famous ones are there around the world? There was a kraut one where there was 400,000 people and 65 died in a stampede the other year.

One of the most euphoric chemical experiences, although it was very brief, that I've had was on General Anaesthetic when I came round actually.

A lot of anaesthetic drugs can cause euphoria etc but the one that is notorious for it is Special K. Ketamine is still available to use as an induction agent and it does have several favourable properties, although as you can imagine, its use is limited by the dysphoric effects, particularly on waking up, so it only tends to be used in certain circumstances, or if you have a particularly eccentric anaesthetist.

One of the most euphoric chemical experiences, although it was very brief, that I've had was on General Anaesthetic when I came round actually.

A lot of anaesthetic drugs can cause euphoria etc but the one that is notorious for it is Special K. Ketamine is still available to use as an induction agent and it does have several favourable properties, although as you can imagine, its use is limited by the dysphoric effects, particularly on waking up, so it only tends to be used in certain circumstances, or if you have a particularly eccentric anaesthetist.

:lol:

If you have a tiny bit, its euphoric but if you have too much then its a trip to the k-hole which is an intensely dissociative experience. Very popular with the youth apparently.

Have the occasional smoke. Not quite weekly, but I guess it averages out.

At this stage I don't really see the negatives; I'm still a nipper at heart and if it ever got out of control I'd stop. There are some nights that just call for zoning out and chatting shit for hours where nothing else will do. :lol:

If you have a tiny bit, its euphoric but if you have too much then its a trip to the k-hole which is an intensely dissociative experience. Very popular with the youth apparently.

Only had it a couple of times, and never got the euphoric feeling. Just the K-Hole. Not fun at all :lol:

:lol:

I give the people what they want. :lol:

It's really good as a field anaesthetic because you keep breathing and don't lose your airway. The US army gave it to soldiers in Vietnam for this purpose but they used it to get off, which gave rise to its popularity as a recreational drug.