Obertan Signs Five Year Deal

McFaul

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my opinion. But watching pretty much most games highlights, at times he is so weak. His strength is definitely attacking. I don't dislike him, wish he'd stay. But some mistakes he made should never happen to a defender.

It's my opinion. But watching pretty much most games highlights, at times he is so weak. His strength is definitely attacking. I don't dislike him, wish he'd stay. But some mistakes he made should never happen to a defender.

How so? Compare his positional play and all round reading of the game to Simpson and see the marked difference between a good full back and a crap one.

Your right to an opinion has been revoked.

You are right of course and your view is shared by many commentators on football as well I assume by the managers who have not rushed in to buy him.

A good strong left back who can shield the ball well and is powerful taking the ball forward but not quite the amazing footballer some would have you believe.

You'll be in trouble for saying such things on here mind, opinion or not :lol:

Guest Your Name Here

You are right of course and your view is shared by many commentators on football as well I assume by the managers who have not rushed in to buy him.

A good strong left back who can shield the ball well and is powerful taking the ball forward but not quite the amazing footballer some would have you believe.

Can you name a better LB to play for NUFC?

Sort of get the impression that Pardew is now just ringing round the top clubs asking if they have anyone they want to offload. Not that that is too bad a tactic, mind, it just depends who we will end up with when the window shuts.

Don't you ever get bored of being so very very contrary?

I don't think his strength is attacking at all. His defensive abilities far outweigh his attacking. He reads the game pretty well, his strength, pace and control of the ball help him out, but it's his eye for a tackle, his ability to get his body between the attacker and the ball that really stand out. I'd love to see these commentators on football who've slated his defensive work, they must have been drowned out by the plaudits he was receiving throughout the season...

Tbh this sounds very much like CT preparing for Jose's departure by claiming he wasn't as good as people say and "plenty of people " agree.

Guest Your Name Here
I think Obertan does the basics right and for us that's a good thing.

Pretty much 100% happening too.

Can’t believe were going to give him a five year deal. He might be turn out to be adequate but it’s just as likely he’ll be total gash. We’re going to get lumbered with loads of shit we can’t shift if the club keep handing out five year deals to players of unproven quality. You’d have thought they’d have learnt their lesson with Ranger.

Just like Nani he was very light weight when he joined man-u, but he's bulked up loads since his injury.

He's a winger with a trick or two, so i'm sure fans will take to him.

Guest Your Name Here
Sort of get the impression that Pardew is now just ringing round the top clubs asking if they have anyone they want to offload. Not that that is too bad a tactic, mind, it just depends who we will end up with when the window shuts.

It is a signing that reeks of desperation.

I think Obertan does the basics right and for us that's a good thing.

Pretty much 100% happening too.

Can’t believe were going to give him a five year deal. He might be turn out to be adequate but it’s just as likely he’ll be total gash. We’re going to get lumbered with loads of shit we can’t shift if the club keep handing out five year deals to players of unproven quality. You’d have thought they’d have learnt their lesson with Ranger.

Have you been paying attention?

Ashley doesn't want a world beater or a classy player, he wants someone in the middle, who'll get by every week. He's replacing Routledge - a lad who in this league has proven time and again that he can't get by.

Upgrade.

Guest Your Name Here

Just like Nani he was very light weight when he joined man-u, but he's bulked up loads since his injury.

He's a winger with a trick or two, so i'm sure fans will take to him.

Like they took to Franz Carr, Wayne Ferreday and Wayne Routledge?. The game is littered with pacey wingers with a few tricks and no footballing brain.

I’ll give the lad a fair chance but I’ll be amazed if he turns out to be anything other than fast.

No thanks. Can anyone remind us of the last time Ferguson sold a good player to an English club? Oh, that's right. Never. (And don't say Tevez, since Tevez was never a Man U player.)

Can't say I'm excited about this. We need strikers, not midfielders.

Some caveats you added there like; So we're not counting Ronoldo, Piqué, Rossi, Forlan, Beckham or Tevez.

Tim Howard is a s good as anybody Chelsea or Arsenal have sold to another English club.