Obertan Signs Five Year Deal

McFaul

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my opinion. But watching pretty much most games highlights, at times he is so weak. His strength is definitely attacking. I don't dislike him, wish he'd stay. But some mistakes he made should never happen to a defender.

Just like Nani he was very light weight when he joined man-u, but he's bulked up loads since his injury.

He's a winger with a trick or two, so i'm sure fans will take to him.

Phil, he's talking about Jose

It's my opinion. But watching pretty much most games highlights, at times he is so weak. His strength is definitely attacking. I don't dislike him, wish he'd stay. But some mistakes he made should never happen to a defender.

Just like Nani he was very light weight when he joined man-u, but he's bulked up loads since his injury.

He's a winger with a trick or two, so i'm sure fans will take to him.

Phil, he's talking about Jose

my bad.

The guys nick named The Bull, weak. :lol:

No thanks. Can anyone remind us of the last time Ferguson sold a good player to an English club? Oh, that's right. Never. (And don't say Tevez, since Tevez was never a Man U player.)

Can't say I'm excited about this. We need strikers, not midfielders.

Some caveats you added there like; So we're not counting Ronoldo, Piqué, Rossi, Forlan, Beckham or Tevez.

Tim Howard is a s good as anybody Chelsea or Arsenal have sold to another English club.

P. Neville is still 'good' too imo.

As long as he's there to bulk up the squad i've got no arguments against it, but if hes ther to replace someone, wha tthe uck is the point?

Tbh Enrique is better defensively than all our oter defenders the way he snuffs out attacks, brings the ball out of defensr and relieves pressure is nothing we'll ever see again if we dont get rid of him, we'll be better of it, but if we do, we better prepare our anusses for uber rapeage down that left hand side

As long as he's there to bulk up the squad i've got no arguments against it, but if hes ther to replace someone, wha tthe uck is the point?

Tbh Enrique is better defensively than all our oter defenders the way he snuffs out attacks, brings the ball out of defensr and relieves pressure is nothing we'll ever see again if we dont get rid of him, we'll be better of it, but if we do, we better prepare our anusses for uber rapeage down that left hand side

Take a glass of water to bed with you :lol:

Reserving judgement until I see more of him. I just hope this doesn't mean someone else will be sold.

Opportunistic signing over one in the places where we most need cover though.

The sad thing is, if we had managed to keep Nolan, Barton and Enrique and had added Ba, Obertan, Marveuax, Cabaye + 1 more striker, we would all be waxing lyrical about Ashley and probably would have turned a blind eye to the fact he kept half the Carroll money.

I thought Obertan seemed a little out of his depth at times for ManU(nowt wrong with that for a young lad though) and more interested in step-overs than getting his head up and crossing early or hitting the simple pass.

The squad is shy on pace though and he's supposedly looked sharp in pre-season.

Having just done a little bit of Dennis Wise scouting on him, he seems very similar to Jonas. Right footed player who likes to play down the left, takes on players on the dribble sometimes to the detriment of position and only crosses as a final option.

I thought Obertan seemed a little out of his depth at times for ManU(nowt wrong with that for a young lad though) and more interested in step-overs than getting his head up and crossing early or hitting the simple pass.

The squad is shy on pace though and he's supposedly looked sharp in pre-season.

iirc Man U fans were excited about him due to a pre season game he had a couple of years back where he looked like Ronaldo on speed and scored a wonder goal.

edit - Might have been this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Liverpool.html

Edited by J69

Mixed reports on red cafe. Some think that due to his build and skill seemed a better prospect than nani. There's some who say his head drops if his first few minutes are poor.

Blanc on his "surprise" move to ManUtd.

Still, Blanc, a former Manchester United man himself, is surprised by the Red Devils’ decision to pounce at this juncture, but he is happy for the player.

“I was surprised too, but it is an unexpected chance for him to play with one of the best clubs in the world,” the coach told Europe1. “Manchester have been tracking him for a long time. They certainly hope to advance him, something that Bordeaux and Lorient have failed to do. He has the potential, but he must overcome psychological and mental challenges so he can express his true value.”

Another Gaul?...zut alors, mondieu, new away strip white with thin blue hoops and a string of onions around the neck, topped off with a fuckin beret?...

Tom and others have got it right, on the face of it not a bad signing as such, but more than likely just more mediocrity designed to just about keep us in the division, if we're lucky :lol:

For no other reason than he is an old FM wonderkid, I am a little excited to see what he can do with a good run of first team games...

He needs a run of games, he has all the tricks in his locker and he will get better as he develops some composure which comes with experience and games. He's been through the Clairfontaine academy in France so definitely isn't shit.

Edited by Park Life

Seems to be all tricks -he's looked pretty lost the times I've seen him play.

I guess Man utd gave up/lost patience in developing him, but hopefully a good run of games will help him get his game together.

Source?

A mate whose a mackem.

He was also glad they didn't get him as he thought he was shite as well. Its rare that manure get rid of good players.

Giuseppe Rossi and Pique turned out to be right duds eh? 4FS. Pipe down Yorkie.

Source?

A mate whose a mackem.

He was also glad they didn't get him as he thought he was shite as well. Its rare that manure get rid of good players.

Is it a done deal??

Source?

A mate whose a mackem.

Is it a done deal??

They're just looking for a new ink cartridge from what I'm hearing (or reading on twitter).

Source?

A mate whose a mackem.

They weren't suited to the English game and were pretty much shite when they played in England. If he's only let 2 good players go in the last 10 years then he's doing alright

Source?

A mate whose a mackem.

They weren't suited to the English game and were pretty much shite when they played in England. If he's only let 2 good players go in the last 10 years then he's doing alright

Add Forlan to that aswell