Rugby

Kid Dynamite

Not watching the rugby, but been amusing on my Facebook feed. It's gone from people that never mention rugby bigging it up, to people complaining about people that never mention rugby bigging up the rugby, to people who've now got a complex about watching the rugby hoying up pictures of old tickets from past world cups or wearing strips from years gone by to prove they've always loved it.

People are very image conscious aren't they. Who'd have thought in 1983 that watching rugby and when you started would be such a status symbol.

I used to love watching rugby. In NZ it's not seen as toff sport at all. It's the complete opposite in fact. Australia doesn't really cover the rugby, so I'm totally out of touch with who's good. I know the All Blacks are still going well, but that's about it.

The Aussie media doesn't really cover rugby much because most people view rugby, similarly to those in UK apparently, as a private school boys' sport for wankers.

Foxtel does a pretty good job, with the Rugby Championship, Super 15, NRC, ITM Cup, Currie Cup, as well as every match of the World Cup, most of the 6 Nations, and various rugby related programmes throughout the year.

Yeah. I got rid of Foxtel. The cost is massively over the top for what I used it for. Especially with Netflix and PremierLeaguePass and everything else that is available these days.

Edited by toonotl