Rugby

Kid Dynamite

To simultaneously demonstrate both how little I cared about this and how much of an arsehole I am, I spent a good hour yesterday sending THE DREAM ENDS TONIGHT! themed texts to rugby playing/supporting friends. What a wag.

I doin't know anything about curent standings but I would have thought anyone thinking they would beat Australia were kidding themselves?

And struggling this far wouldn't have boded well for playing France/SA/NZ anyway - deluded fuckers.,

Edited by NJS

When I feel apathy for the England football team, you can obviously multiply that for rugby. When they won it in Australia a few years ago I felt 'good for them' at absolute best but even that was laced with a little vitriol towards the whoppers who came out the woodwork pretending they liked the sport and the long term rugby Ruperts who tried to use the win as a point scoring exercise over football.

It's times like these I feel for our Irish and antipodean posters who want to take the piss a little but have no genuine target. (On here, anyway).

Standings aren't really reflective tbh

New Zealand

Wales

Austrailia

Ireland

South Africa

Ireland

Ireland won the six nations the last two years and chinned wales at start of August.

Tbf, if England took Scotland's place in group B they'd have qualified. Rank stupidity doing the draw based on rankings two years back. The organisers only have themselves to blame for the host country falling flat on their faces which is never really good for any tournament of this nature. However, it was fucking hilarious last night in a boozer watching dozens of young dandies singing odes to God and the queen, followed by stirring renditions of negro spiritual hymns, then stand there and watch them trying to work out what the fuck was happening on the pitch. A ridiculous bunch of fuckin wankers.

Tbf, if England took Scotland's place in group B they'd have qualified. Rank stupidity doing the draw based on rankings two years back. The organisers only have themselves to blame for the host country falling flat on their faces which is never really good for any tournament of this nature. However, it was fucking hilarious last night in a boozer watching dozens of young dandies singing odes to God and the queen, followed by stirring renditions of negro spiritual hymns, then stand there and watch them trying to work out what the fuck was happening on the pitch. A ridiculous bunch of fuckin wankers.

Old man river?

;)