Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

My concern about the Spurs game is our midfield and the ability to cope with Bale's pace and scoring ability. I think the key to getting anything from this match will be to neutralize their engineroom and feed our Dembas.

The only abilities Bale showed tonight was his diving and being a total cunt.

I think we'll lose, probably by two goals, on the basis both Cabaye and Tiote will be missing.......just don't feel we've got the guile in attack to score many or the steel to keep the likes fo Bale and Modric quiet....plus we've been riding our luck lately defensively and this will run out.

I dislike Spurs. A draw would feel like a win for me and a win would precipitate a trouser ripping orgasm. Which would be nice.

I think we'll lose, probably by two goals, on the basis both Cabaye and Tiote will be missing.......just don't feel we've got the guile in attack to score many or the steel to keep the likes fo Bale and Modric quiet....plus we've been riding our luck lately defensively and this will run out.

I dislike Spurs. A draw would feel like a win for me and a win would precipitate a trouser ripping orgasm. Which would be nice.

Our defense will need to be on the top of their game to try and limit the space available to the likes of Bale. If they continually get behind our defense can only hope that Colo and Williamson will pick up their runners and that Krul will be at his usual high standard.

They will allow us some opportunites to attack as their defense isn't particularly good, Parker flying around in the midfield as cover has helped that but I suspect Ledley King won't play given he features against Liverpool. Dawson is an ordinary defender who should be crapping himself at the prospect of either Demba.

They deserve to be odds on favourites but that's no reason to write off our chances.

I concur.

Victory courtesy of a Scorched Perch shot from 35 yards.

Our defense will need to be on the top of their game to try and limit the space available to the likes of Bale. If they continually get behind our defense can only hope that Colo and Williamson will pick up their runners and that Krul will be at his usual high standard.

They will allow us some opportunites to attack as their defense isn't particularly good, Parker flying around in the midfield as cover has helped that but I suspect Ledley King won't play given he features against Liverpool. Dawson is an ordinary defender who should be crapping himself at the prospect of either Demba.

They deserve to be odds on favourites but that's no reason to write off our chances.

Indeed, let's avoid the high line like we did against West Brom.

Our staff will really have to analyse what we didn't do so well in the first half of the Villa match, the entire Blackburn game and the second half of the Fulham embarrassment. Spurs will be doing the exact same about us and they really have the players to exploit any frailties. Some flaws are obvious - the lack of first choice midfield for instance.

To be honest with Cisse and Ba I'm quietly confident - we'll just outscore them.

We'll lose the game, it doesnt matter what we do. That's not defeatist, I think we'd have a chance with Cheik and Cabaye, but you can't expect Perch and Guthrie to contain Modric and VDV. Simpson v Bale oh dear as well. Lets hope our confidence isn't effected, it shouldn't be, cos we'll do Wolves nee bother with the full squad, and we'll go to Arsenal with every chance. Sunderland v Arsenal and Everton v Chelsea, I guarantee at least one of them will drop points next weekend.

We'll lose the game, it doesnt matter what we do. That's not defeatist, I think we'd have a chance with Cheik and Cabaye, but you can't expect Perch and Guthrie to contain Modric and VDV. Simpson v Bale oh dear as well. Lets hope our confidence isn't effected, it shouldn't be, cos we'll do Wolves nee bother with the full squad, and we'll go to Arsenal with every chance. Sunderland v Arsenal and Everton v Chelsea, I guarantee at least one of them will drop points next weekend.

Yep. Thats how I think about this. If we get a point i'll be amazed. Guthrie, Perch & Simpson will have to have their games of their life for us to get anything out of this.

4-1

We should play very direct and look for our strikers as often as possible, when the ball needs to go through our central midfield it should be played very fast, can't afford any messing around in the middle. Let's hope Krul has another blinder and then who knows? A point would obviously be brilliant.

Not sure either Cissé or Ba are target men so if both start, i dont see us just hoofing it. Guthrie needs to find the space he did against Villa, link with Ba who will come deep and then bring the wide lads in. That or just get Winston Perchill to kick the shit out of Bale and Modric.

Not sure either Cissé or Ba are target men so if both start, i dont see us just hoofing it. Guthrie needs to find the space he did against Villa, link with Ba who will come deep and then bring the wide lads in. That or just get Winston Perchill to kick the shit out of Bale and Modric.

I'd say Ba can do a job as a target man, but we should also play longer balls for him and Cissé to run on to.

Or we could play Shola ;)

We beat Manure with Cabaye and Tiote playing. Any team in the league would badly miss two players of that quality against any team let alone away to the third team in the country!

I think we have enough up top to worry them and grab a goal but I think we'll just get overrun in midfield and it'll end up a similar result to the Liverpool game for us.

:lol: Of course it is! If Wolves can get a draw there, why not us?