Arsenal vs Newcastle Match Thread

TheMoog

CT drunk and behaving like a right prick itt - a return to the days before he had his little break over at NO. The fact that he'd love to see Obertan start the next game pretty much sums up what the bloke knows about football.

Personally I thought Obertan was shite, the second half I don't think he retained possession once, but he's not a lost cause to me like he is to some. What I liked about Ben Arfa was he actually did work hard, and nearly always retained possession. His goal was absolutely tremendous and he excites me when he gets the ball Obertan doesn't. I thought Cabaye was anonymous - again, and while Williamson won everything in the air he was pony again. We just didn't have enough on the night, it's nee disgrace Tottenham and Milan are far better than us, and we were nearer to them than they were.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the thing. Some players shone at times last night and others you'd say were poor. Fact is we played a side much better than ours when they click. At the moment Arsenal are clicking and it's nee disgrace to go down 2-1 with a last min goal at their pad.

Bring on Norwich.

Obertan was indeed pants last night. No surprise at all that he was the first to make way...

JawD is spot on like, we narrowly lost away to the same team who spanked Spurs 5-2 a couple of weeks back. The same Spurs who in turn spanked us 5-0 a week beforehand.

Nowt to be ashamed of at all. The fact that we're disappointed not to have come away with at least a point speaks volumes. Like I said before the game yesterday we played them at the wrong time and I feared a bit of a hammering.

Okay leazes:

Who said Williamson was better than Taylor?

All the Ashley apologists said it, the same people who said he's doing a wonderful job. The same people who only exist in his head, hence why its never backed up with a quote

CT drunk and behaving like a right prick itt - a return to the days before he had his little break over at NO. The fact that he'd love to see Obertan start the next game pretty much sums up what the bloke knows about football.

Personally I thought Obertan was shite, the second half I don't think he retained possession once, but he's not a lost cause to me like he is to some. What I liked about Ben Arfa was he actually did work hard, and nearly always retained possession. His goal was absolutely tremendous and he excites me when he gets the ball Obertan doesn't. I thought Cabaye was anonymous - again, and while Williamson won everything in the air he was pony again. We just didn't have enough on the night, it's nee disgrace Tottenham and Milan are far better than us, and we were nearer to them than they were.

Totally agree

I was in a box for this one. In total 5/20 were NUFC. Couldn't help celebrate our goal and some stewards were coming over to 'have a word'. Before they reached us they had equalised, so nowt happened! Their winner was gutting but really thoroughly deserved. I like Arsenal - they do things the right way - so could have been worse. Thought the atmosphere was good too, unlike Highbury.

Leazes -seriously you are mentally ill. Because you are mentally ill, you will be the last person to recognise it. That's not meant to be taken as an insult, I seriously fear for you.

Obertan a bit too powder puff for me to quote an old saying. He constantly plays like he's conserving energy and avoiding being injured therefore he doesn't break his arse for a 50-50. I'm not calling him lazy though, I just think it's the way he plays. Needs to man up a bit.

I was in a box for this one. In total 5/20 were NUFC. Couldn't help celebrate our goal and some stewards were coming over to 'have a word'. Before they reached us they had equalised, so nowt happened! Their winner was gutting but really thoroughly deserved. I like Arsenal - they do things the right way - so could have been worse. Thought the atmosphere was good too, unlike Highbury.

Leazes -seriously you are mentally ill. Because you are mentally ill, you will be the last person to recognise it. That's not meant to be taken as an insult, I seriously fear for you.

ah, Renton. As Gemmill has declined [being unable] to expand on what he exactly says is "shite", why don't YOU answer for him ?

Take this to an intelligent debate, and tell us, before you hurl those daft accusations around which bring the message board down.

Obertan a bit too powder puff for me to quote an old saying. He constantly plays like he's conserving energy and avoiding being injured therefore he doesn't break his arse for a 50-50. I'm not calling him lazy though, I just think it's the way he plays. Needs to man up a bit.

I thought he was a coward when we played Wolves at Molineaux, bottled 3 50/50 ballls that afternoon. I thought he was a poor player when he played for Manu v Southampton in the cup last season. Hes done nothing since then to change my mind.

Aye but you don't know who it was or when they said it. Funny that.

Anyway you're going back on ignore.

thank fuck for that. More proof you're a big baby though.

Okay leazes:

before your time son, as I said. Look through the old database if you can though. I wouldn't dispute it if I were you, the last time this happened was people saying nobody booed after finishing 5th, until the proof turned up on nufc.com

Okay leazes:

before your time son, as I said. Look through the old database if you can though. I wouldn't dispute it if I were you, the last time this happened was people saying nobody booed after finishing 5th, until the proof turned up on nufc.com

Is that question really so hard to answer? Well it is because you just made up the fact someone made that claim you tit. :lol:

I thought he was a coward when we played Wolves at Molineaux, bottled 3 50/50 ballls that afternoon. I thought he was a poor player when he played for Manu v Southampton in the cup last season. Hes done nothing since then to change my mind.

Yeah, it's all a bit half arsed for me as well. We were told when we signed him that he would scare defenders with his blistering pace..except he looks like he doesn't want to spring in case he gets tired/injured. I think it's also the fact that he gives the ball away far too easily (his decision making is piss poor) and then leaves everyone else to clear it up.

Okay leazes:

Despite the record showing we were 6th at that time with games to play.

Hardly proof of booing 5th.

Okay leazes:

Wrong on that (HF just proved it) you're gonna be wrong about this.

So either you admit you just made another thing up or you answer the question, as you seemed a bit specific with the 'point fingers' bit, like you knew.

So I ask again: who said Williamson was better than Taylor?

Okay leazes:

Wrong on that (HF just proved it) you're gonna be wrong about this.

So either you admit you just made another thing up or you answer the question, as you seemed a bit specific with the 'point fingers' bit, like you knew.

So I ask again: who said Williamson was better than Taylor?

lots of people lad. Look it up, trophyshy has just confirmed it. You should listen and not question.

To be fair I said preferred, the person in question did not say they were a better player.

Doesnt that imply they were a better player if they preferred Willo to play over Taylor?

Maybe, I just feel dirty now.