Newcastle v Liverpool

Gene_Clark

That was tremendous. Can't stop grinning.

Only 'negatives':

- Gutted we didn't put one past Enrique. That would have just perfected it.

- Felt really sorry for Carroll when he came off. I think he'll realise that it's just how footballs fans are though in time.

- Really trivial complaint because it doesn't matter who is scoring as long as someone is scoring, but I'd have liked a Ba goal. Not worried though, he's putting in a shift and I don't think for a minute that he'll be angry that he's being played in a position that has caused his goal tally to dry up.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be a shame to get this close to the CL and not make it, mostly cos of the financial difference it makes, and the fact that it's not gonna be easy to break into that competition. Don't think we'll get there though. Need probably Spurs and Chelsea to both falter and that's not gonna happen.

I can't see many fans even thinking about Champions League tbh. All I want is Europa League.

The point I've made still stands tbh. Whether you're thinking about it or not. :razz:

Its not I don't think about..I just don't wanna get too far ahead of myself...7 games to go. If we beat Swansea and Bolton and Chelsea,Spurs drop a few then I'll come back and say your right.

BBC giving LPL fans a lot of time on their feed. When is someone going to actually give us some credit for how we play rather than fapping over one of the 'big clubs' who have had this AWFUL DECISION AGAINST THEM!!1!!!?!? But seriously...Perch got a yellow for his theatrics, just as Carroll did for him. Reina headbutted Perch, and whether or not Perch went down it was always going to be a straight red.

Regardless, that was one moment in the last ten minutes. And now it appears to have made everyone forget about how well we had played in the previous 80.

Oh and Sky's coverage felt biased towards Liverpool. Thought it was funny how Coleman made more out of Perch's reaction than the fact that Reina did something you can't do on the football pitch. Simpson's handball got more coverage than Carroll's blatant dive (guess that evened itself out).

What handball, like? When Simpson was on the line? That was shoulder for me all day. It isn't even mentioned in the BBC match report. Sky desperately clinging to any sort of excuse for their beloved Liverpool. "Top 7" becomes "Top 8."

Oh and Sky's coverage felt biased towards Liverpool. Thought it was funny how Coleman made more out of Perch's reaction than the fact that Reina did something you can't do on the football pitch. Simpson's handball got more coverage than Carroll's blatant dive (guess that evened itself out).

They all were it was disgusting imo, that Alan Smith said something along the lines of "it's disgraceful I don't like to see professionals acting like that" then kept talking about Perch falling over nowt about how the other professional had just headbutted him. Perch took a tumble (as 99% of Prem players would have done) but it was a red card either way, they were lucky he didn't grant us a pen I'm assuming it was because he deemed Perch tripping him as a foul?

What a day :) Couldn't have asked for more, top performance. And Caroll and Enrique having an absolute nightmare! Fantastic.

Getting that old feeling back, like during the days of Sir Bobby. We showed some genuine quality today. Tactics from Pards spot on, the structure of the side, the style of play. Everyone knew their role and seemed to be suited for it. Loving how we're using Shola now, he's been a real asset coming on from the bench lately. And most importantly Obertan is not playing. And HBA getting a run of games and proving what we've been saying about him all season.

Super day, super!!! :nufc::dancing:

0,,10278~10676894,00.gif

Fucking love that!

Need a high res version because that's definite desktop wallpaper material.

I have it on mine with awful quality :D .

Its off nufc.co.uk if theres some way to make a proper size.

@MT "I'd have liked a Ba goal. Not worried though, he's putting in a shift and I don't think for a minute that he'll be angry"

Totally agree. Very selfless performances since Cisse arrived .. Balotelli wanted the world to stop when he wasn't allowed to take a free kick yesterday ffs , Demba meanwhile just gets on with it .

WARNING TO DOG OWNERS, COUNTRYWIDE; Please keep your animals indoors from 3pm on April 1 , as a high pitched nasal whining is expected to strike wherever Professional Victims are present.

The duration and intensity of this aural irritation will depend upon the severity of the public sodomising of the League Champions ( in waiting) and proximity of boundary structures for suffering Thieves to push over.

It's fairly deafening right now. Love it. :D