mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They are odd like, they never seem to buy anyone that's any good and even if someone goes and you think "canny enough buy for the tramps" they inevitably turn out to be utter shite. Their most talented players in recent years have probably been Borini and Rose who were both loans and had no intention whatsoever of going there (Borini preferred warming the bench at Liverpool to moving there permanently and Spurs saw the Rose loan as a way for him to get experience). It's so bad it has gotten to the point where if someone goes there, even a player I thought might be ok like Lens, I have no fear they will be any good.

Two seventh place finishes is the best they have managed in the Prem, other than that they've either been directly involved in the relegation scrap or have been just above it. They're fucking crap, hopefully now McClaren is here and we have an actual coaching set up we can get back to cruising past them twice a year like we have for fucking yonks as losing to them twice a season no matter how shit they have been will always make me look at Pardew with disdain, I can't consider you a decent coach if you lose to that fucking rabble twice a season on little more than new manager bump.

They're utterly shite rivals too. The only time it's a rivalry for places is when we're as shit as them, look how fucking disastrous last season was and even though they beat us twice they still finished below us. I remember seeing a lad trying to joke about beating them 5-1 about 5 weeks after it happened only be barraged with yells of "you're still fucking harping on about that man? it was over weeks ago" before some spanner brought up them winning 9-1 without any irony...

They're just a yo-yo club who believe they are of similar level to us, there will be bucket shakers to raise money to recolour the stadium seats from the sun-faded reddish pink back to red I think that sums them up tbh. Sun weathered, cracked, tramps.

Edited by Howay

It's so bad it has gotten to the point where if someone goes there, even a player I thought might be ok like Lens, I have no fear they will be any good.

I tell you who the classic example of this was......Lilian Laslandes. Highly thought of when he signed for the mackems, he won 2 french titles with mickey mouse clubs like Auxerre, capped by France, he got to Sunderland for £4m didn't score one goal and by all accounts was arguably their shitest striker of the last 15 years (including Kevin Kyle).

Edited by McFaul

I tell you who the classic example of this was......Lilian Laslandes. Highly thought of when he signed for the mackems, he won 2 french titles with mickey mouse clubs like Auxerre, capped by France, he got to Sunderland for £4m didn't score one goal and by all accounts was arguably their shitest striker of the last 15 years (including Kevin Kyle).

:lol: Isn't Kevin Kyle the one that works on a cruise ship cleaning the rooms or something?

"Ah tell you the now, it wouldna looked out of place in East Germany around 1982, that Sunderland, mind."

:lol:

"See the wee dolls ooa in Sarnlund. They stink o fuckin pish and thats eh good lookin waaans"

true story, it may have been posted on here before?....Niall Quinn once took Keviin Kyle and a few other mackem youngsters for a beer somewhere or other and they ran into Norman Whiteside. Quinny and him are seemingly friendly so theyre sat having a chat about football...Kyle is sat theyre listening and asked "So did you play yourself Norman?"

Whiteside: "Do you know who the second youngest player ever to appear at a world cup finals is?"

Kyle: "errr...naw.."

Whiteside: "well that was a fellah called Pele, you may have heard of him?.....I'm the fuckin youngest!"

Radio 6Music yesterday.

This Mackem presenter talked a little bit, then she played some music.

She's only fucking at it again today.

Was talking to a lass who lives next to him in Durham last night. She reckons this 15 year old sent him a message asking for a signed shirt. He replied asking 'what do I get in return'. The messages got fruity and then her dad found them and went to the police. All allegedly of course