mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

55 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Pretty sure Russell was a Newcastle fan and on our books as a bairn before going to Sunderland? 

You might be right. I thought he was from Sunderland but he’s from Jarrow apparently. 

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Had a little gander on their Southampton v Man city thread and they've definitely lost the fucking plot. 

Which of the #767 posts  so far * ** PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR A MIDWEEK LEAGUE CUP MATCH THREAD ** did you like best marra? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Which of the #767 posts  so far * ** PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR A MIDWEEK LEAGUE CUP MATCH THREAD ** did you like best marra? 

I didn't read it all, first four pages or so and one near the end. Some of them need psychiatric help.

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

I can't lie - I think one of the best things about our becoming is the mental anguish it has/will cause them when we start winning. 

It's true. They say those of us who look on there are obsessed, which is a bit true if I'm honest, but I wouldn't look if it was just a normal forum, but it's just so fucking funny. Same as the Netflix documentary. Their insanity is genuinely laugh out loud stuff and cheers me up no end. So for the my mackem marras, I genuinely thank you for lifting the gloom in these times as you descend intop collective madness. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's true. They say those of us who look on there are obsessed, which is a bit true if I'm honest, but I wouldn't look if it was just a normal forum, but it's just so fucking funny. Same as the Netflix documentary. Their insanity is genuinely laugh out loud stuff and cheers me up no end. So for the my mackem marras, I genuinely thank you for lifting the gloom in these times as you descend intop collective madness. 

is obsessed the right word in this instance though?

I can watch fawlty towers over and over again, I know what's gonna happen, same with some episodes of bottom/only fool and horses/one foot in the grave, they're just genuinely funny, same with the mackems.

why deprive yourself of something that makes you piss yourself laughing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was howling at some of the comments like. :lol: 

From lads telling posters not to get upset over a potential league cup win because it's "only going to get worse" to posters saying the Saudis have fixed the competition etc etc 

They're deeply mentally ill and all their worst nightmares are coming into fruition just as their own club mimics Joplins Department store or the bridges in entering a permanent blandness personified by Mowbray himself. 

Donald and Charlie salmon pants clearly still own the club & the grain manipulators son isn't allowed his pocket money. If they do go up they'll no doubt break their own low points record.

• Haha 4