mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20230115_184157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.834529e8c728eff3709fa455d3a9078d.jpg

You'll piss yourself if we do as well. 

:lol: They’re acting like we’d all be gutted to end the season Top 6 and league cup Semi finalists, of course it would be a shame given where we are now but it would still be fucking brilliant and celebrated - their threads would then all focus on how weird we are after “fucking it all up” they’re the most deluded obsessive fan base ever. 

• Haha 1

Thing is, there's being partisan and then being mackems. When they were vaguely good in the late 90s I didn't mind admitting it. I didn't hate any of their players that I can recall, and I quite liked Reid. Still do. Of course I wanted them to lose every match but I could be objective to where they were at.

This lot are just a different breed though. How can they be so blinkered, en masse, to believe luck has got us into this position. Any true neutral would appreciate this side for what it is. A talented, motivated, driven team with superb tactics with the backing of a fanatical support who deserve every bit to be where they are. But take an example from today.

Mackem reality.

Screenshot_20230115_191824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.12410e85efa86acbf89d921c185b4eb0.jpg

Actual reality.

Screenshot_20230115_191845_Scores.thumb.jpg.7423b92983de136271a0b4c7197b1732.jpg

Showing themselves time and time again to be Sad Mackem Bastards.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Thread has now been locked or shifted to maintain their Class marra FTM

Been moved to their membership only section, entitled "NUFC Sportswashing compendium thread*. January 2023.". 72 pages, 1430 posts. Not even half way through January.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Imagine being so obssessed to even have a match thread about us every game. I couldn't care less about watching them play.

Indeed. Imagine having such a huge chip on your shoulder that your waking hours are dominated by the testicle gripping fear that your hated neighbours might do well or - heaven forfend - actually win something.

I think their stance is that, since their club is a steaming piece of shit run by clown shoes and carpetbaggers, the only thing that brings some enjoyment is seeing the hated maggy bastards fail. To the point that our matches seem to be more interesting to the RTG window lickers than their own (no doubt the years of piss taking and general ridicule from the ever present “mags at work” or “mags on holiday” have added fuel to the fire).

Of course when we do well, it’s only because of that dirty rotten saudi blood money buying success, so it doesnt count like it does when you’re  a “proper” club with “proper” fans with “proper” owners in a “proper” league (like them :lol:). Righto, jealous much?

That wispy noise on the wind is the sound of many six fingered hands clutching frantically at straws…..

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Caps Lock still working fine I see. 

there's apparently seven million illiterate folk in the uk.

my theory is this is largely down to the unnecessary complicating of the alphabet system during the early days of education.

I mean what the fuck is little k's and kicky k's all about?

• Haha 2

Don't particularly want to get into this as I don't want to appear to be defending drink driving but for me the most important thing isn't the club showing some public punishment for a player who by all accounts is remorseful, but to provide adequate pastoral care and make sure it doesn't happen again, to him or any other player. I don't get the impression the current players we have are irresponsible dickheads in the way they previously have been (e.g. under Robson) but obviously I'm not privvy to any of that, but I don't see newspaper headlines to contradict this. 

I would say though that the time when Darren Gibson wrote off half a street of cars, they publicly sacked him, knowing full well he was also a liability on the pitch and therefore no loss. In contrast, they played a player they knew to be a paedophile who happened to be essential to for them to avoid relegation. But that's not my point. Watching that Netflix documentary it was crystal clear Gibson had huge problems with alcohol prior to his crash, and the club seemed to provide zero pastoral care for him. Just put a young man, an alcoholic, up to live in Ramside Hall ffs. And then washed their hands. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Renton said:

Been moved to their membership only section, entitled "NUFC Sportswashing compendium thread*. January 2023.". 72 pages, 1430 posts. Not even half way through January.

It's not even all of January :lol: They started that thread on Thursday ffs. They've managed 72 pages in 4 days the mad bastards.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

They're really going to lose their minds in the next few years :lol: 

They'll always be able to console themselves they are better *insert imaginary quality here*. More classy, more moral, more liked. Or the latest thing, their charvers are harder.

image.png.bb68cbfc20b3b2056fab9f8e6d702049.png

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Didn’t Swansea take about 300 away fans? :lol: Also fits in well with what a universally liked, ‘classy’ club they are of course 🙄

Wonder where they stayed

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1