mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Also, that’s not even true. I thought that sounded like bullshit so I checked. It’s about 14 miles by road from Newcastle to Blyth. Or 11 miles as the crow flies, not 20. What’s his fucking point anyway? Both local lads, both boyhood Newcastle fans who describe themselves as Geordies. 

And yet Sunderland is the club of the whole of County Durham and anything within 10 miles of the Wear is "theirs". Until he became a pariah, Henderson was theirs despite playing for a different club nearly his entire career. They can think what they want, they can identify how they want, I couldn't give a shit but I do find it constantly funny the way they twist. Sad Mackem Bastards. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

They’ll be going fucking mental about Dawn Thewlis on Look North. That’ll before she’s on there and whether she actually turns out to be on there or not. And whether or not she makes an innocuous reference to last night’s match before handing over to the sports section. 

I find it absolutely soul destroying that no matter how well we do, they would always theoretically have done just as well, if not better. It makes it hard to really ever get a feeling of contentment.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/psg.1617213/

There it is :lol: 

god knows what the secret match thread was like 

:lol: Brilliant that, love that the group is piss easy now. French champions, recent Italian champions + CL Semi finalists, and Dortmund, a group they were doubled over about how hilarious it was that we drew it and we’d get hammered but now it’s a piece of piss. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/psg.1617213/

There it is :lol: 

god knows what the secret match thread was like 

Football's ruined for me. Every time we annihilate a team, be it Spurs, Villa, or PSG, whoever,  I find out from the SMB that it wasn't because of our performance but because the team we were playing are shite and the mackems would also have beaten them by even more. We just can't compete with them. :( 

Edit: FFS, Gemmill ripped me off again. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

I knew they’d start claiming our group was easy. Something practically every neutral would disagree with :lol: Meanwhile they’ll bang on about the quality of the championship, whilst claiming the teams who pissed automatic promotion from it last year are shite 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I knew they’d start claiming our group was easy. Something practically every neutral would disagree with :lol: Meanwhile they’ll bang on about the quality of the championship, whilst claiming the teams who pissed automatic promotion from it last year are shite 

80dd1d73c9c705a4be03fa4e822a884f58d995f1

innit? 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

IMG_1666.thumb.jpeg.01151042790885338a4e7e618049a255.jpeg

i-want-to-praise-you-for-your-self-aware

:lol: There was one post where he agreed with a prior post that PSG were shite and the mackems would probably beat them, he then called another post deluded. 

I love that they can’t reconcile that PSG didn’t perform because our lot didn’t allow them, Hackimi is one of the best full backs in world football and Gordon + Burn completely nullified him with Burn also scoring (against Skriniar in the air but off a cross from Bruno left of goal). We outran them as a team by 9km I saw somewhere, they looked completely physically outmatched in basically every department. Calling them shite is fucking laughable :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: There was one post where he agreed with a prior post that PSG were shite and the mackems would probably beat them, he then called another post deluded. 

I love that they can’t reconcile that PSG didn’t perform because our lot didn’t allow them, Hackimi is one of the best full backs in world football and Gordon + Burn completely nullified him with Burn also scoring (against Skriniar in the air but off a cross from Bruno left of goal). We outran them as a team by 9km I saw somewhere, they looked completely physically outmatched in basically every department. Calling them shite is fucking laughable :lol: 

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel now when it comes to tearing these knuckleheads a new one :lol:

Almost to man, they come out with imaginary, ridiculous or just plain insane shite and then get frothy over it. 

Its fucking glorious :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Bruno's cross was on his weaker foot too, and it was inch perfect.

• Like 1

Am reading through the hidden thread to see their reactions and IMO it was more muted than usual (mostly because anyone who posted in the thread was roundly attacked by 5 or 6 other posters because Sunderland were playing too and no one should even be thinking of our game).

Came across this though:

image.thumb.png.5841e315f591d77ce311abf7fb055fa3.png

I just want to take a moment to call this out for what it is. It's cowardice. Fear. Terror, even. The reality he is putting forward is that we have ceased to be a football club anymore, and are now something different, thus negating our rivalry with them. We are no longer Newcastle United.

He's right that the rivalry has died in terms of the true meaning of the word. We are now untouchable to them in a very real sense - after a certain point this will be cemented for all time IMO, not that we're quite there yet. He knows this, we know this. It is no longer a rivalry not because we are no longer Newcastle United, but because they are so comprehensively outclassed by every aspect of our club, that the word no longer has meaning. There aren't 3 clubs in the North East anymore, there is one + a few smaller outfits like Gateshead, Blyth and Sunderland.

He can try to reframe this however the damn hell he wants, but he is fucking terrified of the day he can't keep reality out anymore. The day we line up against and then absolutely obliterate them. Truthfully we are already doing this, we are obliterating them in relative terms every day of the week - but eventually it'll come through on the football pitch. This is why they don't want promotion. This is why they want to tell themselves that this is no longer a rivalry. This cowardly, weak, pathetic response from them dressed up in "humanitarian concerns" is transparent and obvious. Die on your fucking feet Sunderland fans, you lying, dismal, cringing excuse for a supporter base.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4