mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Renton said:

image.png.1a5bfc54d080f41c20d5d7425144ea33.png

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Fuck the PIF for not painting the Tyne Bridge!

This post of course then triggering severa dozen more about why we shouldn't have an NE mayor (like nearly every other metropolitan region) because "Wheyz why shud weez payez for their bridge lyke?".

Honestly, these cunts are an absolute embarassment with their petty bitterness, jealousy and paranoia. They're an absolute dead weight holding back the entire region. 

Technically half the bridge is in Gateshead which was in County Durham 50 years ago and therefore belongs to Sunderland. So why don’t they make a start on it? 

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Technically half the bridge is in Gateshead which was in County Durham 50 years ago and therefore belongs to Sunderland. So why don’t they make a start on it? 

Aye marra. Was thinking as well, the Blaydon races was about races in Blaydon, Gateshead, County Durham. But y'knarr a knarr the first bit is set in Poocastle. Why don't we let the Black and White bastards sing the first two verses and we'll have the other verses and the chorus like? FTM.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think we should make a thing about Durham being part of the kingdom of Northumbria so we claim everything 

By “make a thing” do you mean historical fact, marrow? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

By “make a thing” do you mean historical fact, marrow? 

You just know if the ancient Kingdom of Durhamia were a thing, the mackems would be doing exactly what KCG is suggesting. 😆

• Haha 4

They do it already with this "Land of the Prince Bishops" thing. 

(Capital Durham not Sunderland of course but anyway). 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, NJS said:

They do it already with this "Land of the Prince Bishops" thing. 

(Capital Durham not Sunderland of course but anyway). 

The fact that during the time of the Prince Bishops, sunderland was little more than a few pig sheds isn’t important here, Durham belongs to sunlin’. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The fact that during the time of the Prince Bishops, sunderland was little more than a few pig sheds isn’t important here, Durham belongs to sunlin’. 

not much changed then really.

• Haha 7

Was ist das? I sincerely hope this business isn't run by any MLFs? I also hope MLFs don't see this and boycott their business or leave shitty reviews like they did by wrongly targeting a sign business for the derby carry on? 

• Haha 6

Even mackem businesses pretend to be from Newcastle to boost sales - Coals from Sunderland just wouldn't sell.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Was ist das? I sincerely hope this business isn't run by any MLFs? I also hope MLFs don't see this and boycott their business or leave shitty reviews like they did by wrongly targeting a sign business for the derby carry on? 

It's a great idea for a novelty gift tbf, and I want some. Is the author suggesting that the manufacturer shouldn't use this idea because they are based in Seaham and not Newcastle? 🤣

Sad, sad mackem bastards.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What? :lol:

They targeted Jonsigns after the derby carry on with the black cats bar. Which would’ve been pathetic enough, but even more so, seeing as the company in question weren’t involved at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What? :lol:

They targetted a Gateshead based signage company with bad reviews and general intimidation because of the black cats bar carry on. Wrong company as it happens. 

Edit: nearly word for word jinx!

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's a great idea for a novelty gift tbf, and I want some. Is the author suggesting that the manufacturer shouldn't use this idea because they are based in Seaham and not Newcastle? 🤣

Sad, sad mackem bastards.

No, he's just taking the piss out of them. ;)

• Haha 2

My favourite one is still the English civil war thing. I.e. a minor skirmish which involved hardly any, if any at all, locals. At a time when Sunderland didn’t even exist in any meaningful sense. Which was actually related to the Bishops War, which was a part of the civil war where the Scots wanted religious freedom. So they allied with the parliamentarians in a ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend arrangement. You’ll be lucky to find it mentioned in any academic texts. They’ve created a Wikipedia page which references a a website that mentions it in passing. Off the back of that they’ve created a mythical story about its significance and how it’s the root of the rivalry between us and them. It makes the Athletic Bilbao stuff look credible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No, he's just taking the piss out of them. ;)

Well am not satisfied marra. listen to the blurb they put on the website:

The phrase "carrying coals to Newcastle" is an idiom that means to do something pointless or redundant. It is often used to describe a situation in which someone is trying to do something that is already being done or that is not needed.

The phrase comes from the fact that Newcastle upon Tyne, England, was a major coal-producing city in the 18th and 19th centuries. Coal was so abundant in Newcastle that it was often used as a form of currency. As a result, there was no need to bring coal to Newcastle, as it was already readily available.

The phrase "carrying coals to Newcastle" is still used today, often in a humorous or sarcastic way. It can be used to describe a situation in which someone is trying to do something that is obviously unnecessary or to express frustration with a situation that is already hopeless.

Well marra, there was never any coal mines in the city of Poocastle itself (well, maybe a couple yonks ago). Newcastle's coal came from the SE Nothumberland pits or was stolen from the Land of Prince Bishops. Whereas, there was a working pit in Sunderland right until 1993! It's well known that the phrase was "like selling coal to Sunderland" until the black and white gravy stained scum maggots stole it off wur. FTM!

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

My favourite one is still the English civil war thing. I.e. a minor skirmish which involved hardly any, if any at all, locals. At a time when Sunderland didn’t even exist in any meaningful sense. Which was actually related to the Bishops War, which was a part of the civil war where the Scots wanted religious freedom. So they allied with the parliamentarians in a ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend arrangement. You’ll be lucky to find it mentioned in any academic texts. They’ve created a Wikipedia page which references a a website that mentions it in passing. Off the back of that they’ve created a mythical story about its significance and how it’s the root of the rivalry between us and them. It makes the Athletic Bilbao stuff look credible. 

The population of Sunderland during the English civil war was <1500. :lol:

By contrast, the population of Newcastle during medieval times was about the 4th largest in the UK for most that time. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well am not satisfied marra. listen to the blurb they put on the website:

Well marra, there was never any coal mines in the city of Poocastle itself (well, maybe a couple yonks ago). Newcastle's coal came from the SE Nothumberland pits or was stolen from the Land of Prince Bishops. Whereas, there was a working pit in Sunderland right until 1993! It's well known that the phrase was "like selling coal to Sunderland" until the black and white gravy stained scum maggots stole it off wur. FTM!

It was carrying ca'als to Sunlin' but the mags changed it to carrying coals to Newcastle - It's just Ha'way to Howay all over again, marra.

• Haha 4

I used to work with a fucking gorilla who actually worked in the mine where their ground is now. He just caught the end of it as a young lad. Broad mackem accent, built like a brick shit house, great lad...... Aye, there was something else , he was a Mag. :lol: 

• Haha 3

Another bizarre "imagine" story, this time a several page thread about getting upset over some imaginary stickers on seats? :lol:

When did the Stadium of Light merge with Cherry Knowles? 

• Haha 4