mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

RTG have a promotion thread.....  If Sunderland went up via the play offs....... which make humorous reading

A large percentage would be happy with instant relegation as long they took 6 points of NUFC🤨

They'd be happy to go up bank the £100+ million then go straight back down and piss the championship with the parachute payments....but forgetting they'd spend all of that on overpaid shite

At least 5 of the 1st team squad are premiership quality🤣

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: The actual result would be two hidings from us and an immediate return to the championship. They can always dream I suppose 

Loop Trump GIF

The Loch Ness Drogba  (from Irvine) would batter us marra.

Screenshot_20230417_081646_Chrome.thumb.jpg.28113e33fb1651099a6b650e869581c3.jpg

• Haha 5

Best case scenario is they get into the playoffs, go up, come down, and are much better off financially in the championship. Even that’s pretty unlikely at this stage though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Best case scenario is they get into the playoffs, go up, come down, and are much better off financially in the championship. Even that’s pretty unlikely at this stage though 

Aye. I do wonder if it's even that simple though. I think to make that work, you'd just have to give up on Premiership survival before you've even kicked off. Which would be pretty demoralising. And not guaranteed, look at Norwich struglling this year in the CL. To have a chance of survival, you have to invest, Sunderland would have to pay over the odds, and then if you're relegated, which you probably will be, you're up shit creek again. This would be the current Notts Forest model in action. I kind of have some sympathy for them tbh because the pyramid is pretty broken. But then again, there are plenty of clubs I would regard as at least as "big" as Sunderland also competing down there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bollocks. SOrry, I was wrong, they'll be straight into the Europe places apparently.

image.png.bcd894af25ed777ad257680de65fddac.png

I mean they’re 9th in the division below. And 6th would be their highest top flight finish for (I think) 69 years. Nailed on tbh 

• Haha 5

Where has this mass delusion that they're suddenly purveyors of beautiful football come from? I know they been turgid dross for years and maybe three passes put together is that much of a huge leap but I've watched a few of their games and while there is some youthful enthusiasm and effort there's absolutely nothing special as their results illustrate. 

They've had some strange delusions over the years such as being "classy" and their support being something special but I think this latest one is the strangest. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NJS said:

Where has this mass delusion that they're suddenly purveyors of beautiful football come from? I know they been turgid dross for years and maybe three passes put together is that much of a huge leap but I've watched a few of their games and while there is some youthful enthusiasm and effort there's absolutely nothing special as their results illustrate. 

They've had some strange delusions over the years such as being "classy" and their support being something special but I think this latest one is the strangest. 

Fuck knows. On a very basic level, we're apparently boring and turgid to watch, and we've averaged 1.60 goals per game in the league. Compared with their 1.43. Obviously we've a much better goals conceded ratio which frankly I can't be arsed to calculate, but keeping clean sheets must be boring? To be fair though, their league is a much higher standard. Wibble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NJS said:

Sorry marra but the Premiership is shite we are the Barca of the Championship and we're coming to get you.....watch out the Mackems will gatecrash the party cos we're everybody's second fav team with best fans in the world.......FTM🤣

• Haha 3

If only they’d played a competitive game or two against premier league opposition this season. So you could gauge the level they’re at more accurately 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

If only they’d played a competitive game or two against premier league opposition this season. So you could gauge the level they’re at more accurately 

Half of me wants them floundering in the lower leagues but the other half wants them promoted this season.........and get absolutely battered every week going down with record low points as well as £100+ million in debt

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rosco said:

Half of me wants them floundering in the lower leagues but the other half wants them promoted this season.........and get absolutely battered every week going down with record low points as well as £100+ million in debt

Aye, it's pretty much win win for us. I'm happy for them to miss the play offs. I'm happy for them to get to the play offs and miss the final. I'm happy for them to lose the final. I'm happy for them to win the play off final and get humped for 38 consecutive matches.

My absolute favourite scenario would be for them to lose to Boro on penalties at Wembley. For the obvious hilarity and I would actually like to see another NE team in the Premiership, plus always quite liked smoggies. Be nice to have a sort of derby again without the edge tbh. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Renton said:

My absolute favourite scenario would be for them to lose to Boro on penalties at Wembley. For the obvious hilarity and I would actually like to see another NE team in the Premiership, plus always quite liked smoggies. Be nice to have a sort of derby again without the edge tbh. 

Tony Mowbray would probably prefer that as well. :smile:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's pretty much win win for us. I'm happy for them to miss the play offs. I'm happy for them to get to the play offs and miss the final. I'm happy for them to lose the final. I'm happy for them to win the play off final and get humped for 38 consecutive matches.

They hate us almost as much as Sunderland. Fuck them. :lol:

• Like 6

I'm surprised that most of the daft cunts want Real Madrid to win tonight.........If Chelsea won the CL fourth place in premier league goes into Europa highly unlikely but they love clutching at straws

I see the Barca Samba boys are winning atm and in a playoff place

Edited by Rosco

25 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I'm surprised that most of the daft cunts want Real Madrid to win tonight.........If Chelsea won the CL fourth place in premier league goes into Europa highly unlikely but they love clutching at straws

That’s not the case, 4th spot only turns into Europa League if two English clubs not qualified through the league win the CL and EL.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s not the case, 4th spot only turns into Europa League if two English clubs not qualified through the league win the CL and EL.

Well done for spotting my deliberate mistake😉

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 2

Their key game is West Brom away - I'd love it West Brom brought Bruce back as a special guest just for laughs - maybe as their mascot if they could adjust the costume enough to fit him. 

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Their key game is West Brom away - I'd love it West Brom brought Bruce back as a special guest just for laughs - maybe as their mascot if they could adjust the costume enough to fit him. 

All the other teams above them bar Millwall have a game in hand, with Blackburn having two. Plus three teams just below them who can overtake them if they win their game in hand. Its already over imo. Boo hoo how sad. 

• Haha 2