mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

31 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Do you think she’s confused ger “good at football “ scores with her “i’d take it up the arse for him” scores?

:lol:

A mistake we've all made tbf.

Their 3 keepers this season got either a 4 or 5 from her.  I reckon it would take a keeper with no arms to earn a score of 0 on that marking system.

Donald Love (Manchester United, £1m): Tries but not good enough at right-back. 6/10

What about that description suggests someone who deserves a 6 out of 10?  They bought him for the premier league and he's been shown to be not good enough for the championship.  £1m is nothing in today's transfer market  for a premier league player but paying it for a league 1 (at best) surely deserves less than a mark which suggests more positive than negative.  She really is the sports reporting equivalent of Sunderland.

That's before even getting into how cock-eyed those grades are. Kirchoff at 8/10? The bloke's knees were swapped for lime flavoured wine gums about a year ago and he now spends his time warming Bolton's bench. Alvarez a 4/10? He cost them 10m years after he'd already left the club. Rodwell even earned a 2 for...what? Consistency in picking up his cheques? 

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Your name is on the bottom of the blog you whopper. 

And I didn't say Ian Cusack posts as Gene Clark. Although you just confirmed that yourself by posting this :lol:

you're really rather nauseating aren't you

That Louise Taylor article :lol: If you take a baseline score of 5/10 to be "average" then most of their signings, according to her, are in fact, above average. This, in an article designed to show how below par their transfer dealings have been. You couldn't make it up

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Step right up, step right up Championship clubs and sign some players that have proven not good enough for the Championship.

By your rationale none of Perez, Shelvey, Lascelles, or Dummett have proven not good enough for the Premier League.

We'll see if no Championship club (or better) come in for their young players.

47 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

He might well own the bank by now.

It would make sense.talkSHITE reckon he's actually on £73,000 a week which will reduce to £40,000 next season.What I haven't heard for a while is an ex-footballer say that professional footballers aren't in it for the money and that they'd all prefer to be playing.

27 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

It would make sense.talkSHITE reckon he's actually on £73,000 a week which will reduce to £40,000 next season.What I haven't heard for a while is an ex-footballer say that professional footballers aren't in it for the money and that they'd all prefer to be playing.

That's a big drop in wages for the poor fella, he'll have to ring up the Gas/Electric board and get his monthly payments reduced, i hope for his sake he hasn't got to much stuff on the chucky from Very Catalogue 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

By your rationale none of Perez, Shelvey, Lascelles, or Dummett have proven not good enough for the Premier League.

We'll see if no Championship club (or better) come in for their young players.

Ignoring your double negative... No I think good players can get relegated from the Premier League because of how fiercely competitive it is. To get relegated from and finish bottom of the pub league you need to be especially dross. There's been no shining lights for them this season. Their so-called bigger names will stay or move abroad on a free or loan deal that heavily favours the other club. The youngsters you speak of will stay because 1) They're worthless 2) There'll be no interest because they're shite and 3) Cheap labour

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Ignoring your double negative... No I think good players can get relegated from the Premier League because of how fiercely competitive it is. To get relegated from and finish bottom of the pub league you need to be especially dross. There's been no shining lights for them this season. Their so-called bigger names will stay or move abroad on a free or loan deal that heavily favours the other club. The youngsters you speak of will stay because 1) They're worthless 2) There'll be no interest because they're shite and 3) Cheap labour

We'll see. I expect the mackems to sell anyone who attracts a decent bid, and those young players may well be footballers that Ipswich (or their ilk) fancy taking a punt on them. 

It's too simplistic to say that because Sunderland have been dross, all of their young players are incapable of playing Championship football (or higher). There are too many other factors; the manager, the tactics, the senior players, the pressure, the diet.