England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd place in the group stage.

The only hope they have is some sort of patriotic boost on the return of an English manager who can stir those juices.

Won't happen mind as the incumbent tossers will dominate proceedings. Woy's only hope was binning them lot, he's now consigned himself to be the latest in a long line of turnips to the slaughter.

what would your team have been then?

No idea, but that lot have had their time and they failed. As has been said if there's no hope of winning it then start again, put your stamp on a new squad. Woy will be hamstrung now by the established egos he's brought back in. It won't be his squad, it'll be the old boys reunion.

When you cut through all the bullshit of people wanting to have their say, the truth is that the complaint is not with the fact that he hasn't picked the best, or close to the best options available, but that better options don't exist. Which isn't his fault.

When you consider that some that are going aren't guaranteed a start for their club sides though, maybe this is the "too many foreigners" thing finally coming home to roost.

When you cut through all the bullshit of people wanting to have their say, the truth is that the complaint is not with the fact that he hasn't picked the best, or close to the best options available, but that better options don't exist. Which isn't his fault.

When you consider that some that are going aren't guaranteed a start for their club sides though, maybe this is the "too many foreigners" thing finally coming home to roost.

Agree with that, but when you don't have much talent you need excellent work ethic, morale and one direction. Woy has reduced his chances in these latter area by sticking with the old guard.

We're not going to get very far either way, but he could have sewn the seeds for a new England today. Is he looking for another girl?

Happy with Cahill and Terry starting at the back. Disappointed that Downing, Johnson and Carroll are in the team though. Rather of seen Richards, A. Johnson and Crouch. Also Green......why

Happy with Cahill and Terry starting at the back. Disappointed that Downing, Johnson and Carroll are in the team though. Rather of seen Richards, A. Johnson and Crouch. Also Green......why

who else to pick but Green?

play first team football, got the experience, isnt going to start

No idea, but that lot have had their time and they failed. As has been said if there's no hope of winning it then start again, put your stamp on a new squad. Woy will be hamstrung now by the established egos he's brought back in. It won't be his squad, it'll be the old boys reunion.

you won't even throw out an "if I were england manager" squad?

Can't blame Hodgson for that squad to be honest, although I'm sure the press will. It's the middle of the park that worries me. Lampard is always shite for England. Gerrard looks like his powers have wained to a piss poor standard. Parker is a crab and Barrie is quite possibly the most overated player in the PL (I'll take pelters for saying that, but I stick by it.)

Verdict: England to win it.

Can't blame Hodgson for that squad to be honest, although I'm sure the press will. It's the middle of the park that worries me. Lampard is always shite for England. Gerrard looks like his powers have wained to a piss poor standard. Parker is a crab and Barrie is quite possibly the most overated player in the PL (I'll take pelters for saying that, but I stick by it.)

Verdict: England to win it.

Fucking right you will!

its Barry not Barrie!

you won't even throw out an "if I were england manager" squad?

No, sorry. All rage and no responsibility.

You can though, if you're keen. :razz:

No, sorry. All rage and no responsibility.

You can though, if you're keen. :razz:

Terry out for Richards

Downing out for Lennon