Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idioteque making me kind of happy that Everton were wronged by the referee for the Fellaini off-side call (it would be a tenuous argument to make saying his torso was marginally in front of Taylor's). From memory the first goal in the 3-1 Everton win from last season came from Jelavic being offside - swings and roundabouts.

It's not as if we haven't been robbed against Everton in the past - McFadden? handball on the line anyone? At least ours wasn't down to blatant cheating.

The Anichebe no-goal call was karmic based on the referee incorrectly overruling the linesman and giving the free-kick. In that regards the linesman not only got the initial call right but managed to right the referees incorrect one. Well played pal. ;)

I think that's basically incorrect and I completely agree with Gary Neville who has called that game spot on, as he usually does. Ba and Cissé stopped Distin and Jagielka pushing the full backs on and Jonas and Anita sorted out Piennar and Baines. Pardew got us an excellent point there.

Agree with that, although I don't think enough was made of switching the more physical Perch to central midfield and the more mobile Anita to Right back. I agree that the minute we had two strikers pushing and pulling their centre halves about we looked much better, but when we had more of a hold on the middle the supply that those two got improved immediately. I don't think playing Cisse up front on his own works when his overwhelming supply is lofted long balls from less than cultured centrebacks. Ba is much better suited to a solitary role against opposition like Everton.

I agree that we came out with far more drive and energy in the 2nd, but I'd say much of that was because of Ba's eagerness to prove Pardew wrong and then the early goal.

the abuse that Marveuax and Anita are getting is wayover the top. There's no way that Anita would have played that game (in that position) if Tiote had been fit. Lads been here a month or so, he's not ready to be playing in such a difficult position in what is always a tough fixture. Marveaux faced one of the best wide pairings in the Premier League, with only Perch behind him. Incredibly cruel to judge his creativity in a game like this. Like Anita, play him in something resembling our 1st choice team and you'd see a far better performance.

I do think they were poor today, but I'm nowhere near writing them off.

I do think they were poor today, but I'm nowhere near writing them off.

More or less. Not the right game for Marveaux. At the moment I see him as a more skilfull Wayne Routledge. Anita's long balls were frustrating; as soon as Perch came into the midfield we retained posession better as he looked for percentage passes rather than lofting balls into the box. The long balls aren't reason to write him off. He's had to hit the ground running and on balance he's been good considering how little he has played with the rest of the team and how varied his deployment has been.

Must criticise Pardew for starting a 4 - 5 - 1 formation which within minutes was proving that five across the middle was not containing Everton and did little to help the back four who were all at sea. He should have NOT have waited until halftime to go 4-4-2.

Don't think their goal was offside, and the ball was over the line, but I'll take the point.

All in all, will take the point, we have 5 points in 4 games. Let's not forget that we have 3 very difficult fixtures out of the way though - Tot(h), Che (a) and Eve(a). We now have a reasonably easy run of fixtures where we can look to accumulate points.

We got 7 points from the same 4 fixtures last season.

We need to attack them from the off with confidence if we do that we've got a chance, but this cautious approach we tend to use won't work there, I'd like to see us show we're there for the win from the start. 1-1.

Never saw the game but sounds like Mystic McFaul called it right beforehand. Too much caution in the first half. Showed what we can fo having a go in the second.

Newcastle brought 950 tonight, great support for 'best fans in the country'

3 weekday away games in 9 days*

No suprise if Everton come behind Maritimo and Manchester in the competion for peoples cash and annual leave.

Says more about your comparative attractiveness than our away support.

*4 away games in 11 days if you count reading next weekend.

Not sure it was caution in the first have as much as just being shit.

I said 2-2 like but didn't expect it in such a way. Not sure why Everton seemed to have such a beef about us when it's a side I don't really notice or think about.

But I knew it would be tough with having so many players out. Particularly pleased with the spirit showed in the second half to stay in the game. Of course they deserved to win base on the goal that wasnt but we've had many unjust decisions against us so I'm not arsed.

Picked up on Ba's comment like about being pleased to get the goals considering everything that's went on. Clearly there's been some bother with him and the club.

I wonder I'd the club was trying to sell him (Everton said they were in for him?) and he didn't want to leave but we couldn't agree a fee etc?).

Anyway, really hope this showing kicks us on.

We wouldnt have accpeted the full allocation for last night, not with it being Monday night game on the box. When the club get a choice they always accpet the lower allocation. If we'd have failed to sell out our allocation there wouldve been a few stragglers sitting in the upper Bullens. And was Idioteque actually there himself or did he find something better to do with his time like the easier option of sitting at home/going to the pub to watch the game? :P

I wonder I'd the club was trying to sell him (Everton said they were in for him?) and he didn't want to leave but we couldn't agree a fee etc?).

I think that was meant that they were in for him when we signed him rather than this summer.

Cisse played 5 or 6 clear fouls before getting booked

Phil Neville was also lucky to still be on the pitch too. So wind your neck in.

Unbelievable how bitter and confrontational you're deciding to be for somebody who I always thought was a decent poster.

Sadly it just looks like you're another Everton supporter with a chip on their shoulder with regards to Newcastle.

:lol:

He's posting at getting on for 1am the night of the game, obviously had a few lager tops and worried that EFCs best start in Moyes' reign (2 wins) is starting to derail with 1 point from 6.

I'm sure he'll "calm down" soon.

Free kicks get given for bad decisions all the time, a newcastle fan called up five live after the game complaining about the ben afra incident and was quickly shut up by the prestenter 'if it was the other way round and been able to carry on you'd be ringing up complaining' so wind your neck in

Always wondered why you lot are called the bitter blues.

:lol:

He's posting at getting on for 1am the night of the game, obviously had a few lager tops and worried that EFCs best start in Moyes' reign (2 wins) is starting to derail with 1 point from 6.

I'm sure he'll "calm down" soon.

:calmdown: :calmdown: :calmdown: :calmdown: :calmdown:

Strange choice from Pardew to go with Maveaux on the right for this one. I was happy to see him drop the 4-4-2 but clearly Evertons main threat is from the left. Would playing Jonas there not have been a better option?

Anyway we really didn't look up for it in the first half whereas Everton were playing like it was their cup final. We were lucky to just be one behind.

But fair play to Pardew he made an early change and obviously read them the riot act because we were a different team in the second half.

Cabaye finally started his season which was a massive positive.

Yes they were on the wrong side of two wrong decisions (both of them were pretty tight though and by far the worst decision was not allowing Ben Arfa to play on) and they'll rightly feel wronged. But I thought how we fought our way back into the game in the second half was worthy of the point and I think it'll set us up nicely for Sunday.

Aye I know. Ferguson hasn't shown anything yet to show that he's ready to start a game like that for us.

Also if it was Ben Arfa that put in Marveaux's performance around January time he would be slating him.

Ok, Ferguson first. He's part of the first team squad, an Irish international and every time he has played for the first team he has put a decent shift in. He is comfortable on the ball, can put a decent cross in and isnt scared to get stuck in. Pardew has also gone on record as saying this is the year for him (and sammy) to break through.

So me looking forward to seeing him get his chance is not even close to wummary and the fact you agree with Mr misery is a bit sad. Hopefully he will get his chance on Thursday. :)

With regard to Marveaux, Im not sure why any one would slag him. I said a few days ago that this wasnt the game for him, however I can understand why Pardew tried him and why he put Ben Arfa on the left. (Yes that left where we have been doing jack shit as I keep mentioning ;) )

At the end of the day it was quite a shit overall team performance and we are lucky as fuck to be one point better off today. Could easily have been a drubbing had Evertons two goals not been ruled off. Credit does however have to go to Ba and Shola for that magnificent chest down.

CT, firstly he's a Northern Irish International, but then again the squad also has Oliver Norwood(huddersfield) and a load of other championship or lower players, that means nothing it's the equivalent of saying "i'm a san marino international"

Secondly in his entire NUFC career ferguson has played a total of 160minutes in all competitions so

is one of the largest exaggerations i've seen on here :lol:

Commenting that he has put a decent shift in each time he has come on is a fact btw not an exaggeration.

About the same playing time as Sammy and yet Im sure there are plenty on here that would like to see him get a chance as well.

I don't get why Ferguson would start in the prem when he's clearly a squad player (with a poor injury record to boot). I think it's much more likely he'd be a bench player and maybe get some game time in the Euro and cup comps......if he kicked on from there, who knows......

I don't get why Ferguson would start in the prem when he's clearly a squad player (with a poor injury record to boot). I think it's much more likely he'd be a bench player and maybe get some game time in the Euro and cup comps......if he kicked on from there, who knows......

The only reason I would like to see him start is because we are weak at creating from the left. Pardew obviously realises this which is why he tried Ben Arfa there yesterday and Marveaux on the right. It didnt work.

Without getting involved in the rest of the team tactics, I think had Ferguson played instead of Marveaux and HBA kept his normal position, we would have been better.

I agree that nobody knows whether he will make it or not, but Pardew obviously feels he isnt far away given his press comments this week.

I agree it would be nice to see him given a chance and see what happens.

Edited by Christmas Tree

What are the odds that Idioteque woke up this morning in an alley, with his face stuck to the side of a bin by dried vomit and kebab sauce?

:lol: With his phone open up on his Facebook page as he's halfway through typing All Geordies are paedos.