Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balague confirming Remy to QPR on twatter

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

Can confirm that Loic Remy has chosen QPR ahead of Newcastle United. #QPR #NUFC #THFC #CFC

Edited by The Fish

Are you suggesting he's on 20k after tax in France?

I hope at least that the club weigh how much they wanted Remy and the possibilities of alternatives when considering if they go back to him with an improved offer. I'm not suggesting QPR money, but something to bridge the gap a little could be enough to sway him back. Not suggesting that the club be held to ransom in any way, but at some point reality needs to be faced. If we don't have any viable alternatives on the go then the prospect of adding noone up front becomes very real and ultimately very scary.

I think he may well be, given that anyone over 1mil euro in France gets taxed at 65% so in pounds that's 20k a week GBP to take you to 1 mil euro. (0.832 EUR to pound today)

A lot of people seem to resent the french players being mercenaries, but given that the French want to tax 65%, you're going to get the money grabbers wanting overseas work and the "loyal" players staying in France. Especially given the hike to 75% on the cards despite the link.

Isn't that why Ashley is in France? It's got bugger all to do with the ability of the players, its the ability to say come here and you pay at least 50% less tax. (Until recently they paid 0 tax due to dodgy avoidance antics in the way they were paid).

If you're in the market to lure people concerned only about money, you're not going to get the loyalty for people to even stay long enough to have any kind of masterplan.

Ashley completely flummoxes me.

Edited by scoobos

Balague confirming Remy to QPR on twatter

On the money there, isn't he? I think the fact he's been having a medical there today suggests he chose QPR.

Time to see now just how well the club are prepared.

It is, but it must also be gutting for the likes of Carr etc to track a lad for so long, have the medical all set up, only for this to happen. Like losing a house a few days before your due to move in.

It is, but it must also be gutting for the likes of Carr etc to track a lad for so long, have the medical all set up, only for this to happen. Like losing a house a few days before your due to move in.

To be fair it's not like he's some unknown talent. Shows the merit in getting the job done fast and quick behind closed doors. But still must be annoying, and also means that the next target pretty much knows straight off the bat that they weren't first choice.

They still have two weeks to set us up to pull away from the prospect of relegation.

Harry: "I'm disgusted with the state of wages at this club and at the first available opportunity I will be ensuring that the club buys their way out of this financial mess."

Cheeky (literal) fucking bastard.

Harry: "Newcastle United wanted him and Graham Carr (chief scout) doesn't make too many mistakes. Graham's got good judgement."

At the end of the day they've had to pay way over the odds in wages to get the guy, would we want to do the same? No chance. When it comes down to it they're the ones that have to buy favour and Saggy Face is just a weekly contradiction of his own stupid self, so much so that he just can't be taken seriously by the top people in the game.

What had have we really got to attract players though these days if it's not money? It's certainly not the lure of coming to play for an ambitious club with top management. We're nowhere near London so that's out too.

All we've got is the supporters and the premiership going in our favour and as Gemmil pointed out yesterday, players aren't going to be that arsed when they retire whether or not they have memories of playing in front of 50k. They'll want to look back on trophies or the money in their bank.

The way we're operating these days will always put us at a disadvantage if we are going up against other teams for players, especially when as Stevie has said, we don't have people who love the club and the area trying to do the deals.