Newcastle United V Reading

Christmas Tree

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astounded there were people defending Pardews decisions in here.

Marveaux for Perch was tactical. It was negative tactics with a lead at home. Last season, in 4th place he wouldn't have been booed for it. He'd get the benefit of the doubt. The negativity would not have engulfed the whole stadium, and we would probably have seen it out one nil. This season though, with so few points on the board he has not got that luxury any more. Defending such a slender lead at home will not be forgiven. If he didn't know that Carver or Stone should have.

To repeat the mistake minutes later was a disgrace. Cabaye was doing over head kicks just before his number went up so hadn't taken a knock. Shola can't play 90 minutes in peak condition, but he left him on. Even if Cabaye had needed to come off though there were more threatening players than bigi left on the bench.

These are not questions of having few tools, which is true, they're questions of getting the best from the tools you have, which he's not.

Up until yesterday there were reasons that could be given (some might call them excuses) for our lowly position. The fans were still on board with Pardew, singing his name for the first 45 minutes. You could feel the attitude change completely in that second half and the bitterness in the pubs after was tangible.

Big test for Ashley this next 2 weeks. I don't think he'll change anything while the window is open.

We're well and truly fooked. Other relegation threatened teams have gottent their act together while we just keep getting worse and worse. Whats it now? 10 losses in 13? Thats just completley unacceptable no matter what the situation. What a shambles, just cant get my head around the fact this is happening after last season. Well done to Ashley & Co. again. Not that Pardew isnt blameless, time to look for a new avatar.

Astounded there were people defending Pardews decisions in here.

Marveaux for Perch was tactical. It was negative tactics with a lead at home. Last season, in 4th place he wouldn't have been booed for it. He'd get the benefit of the doubt. The negativity would not have engulfed the whole stadium, and we would probably have seen it out one nil. This season though, with so few points on the board he has not got that luxury any more. Defending such a slender lead at home will not be forgiven. If he didn't know that Carver or Stone should have.

To repeat the mistake minutes later was a disgrace. Cabaye was doing over head kicks just before his number went up so hadn't taken a knock. Shola can't play 90 minutes in peak condition, but he left him on. Even if Cabaye had needed to come off though there were more threatening players than bigi left on the bench.

These are not questions of having few tools, which is true, they're questions of getting the best from the tools you have, which he's not.

Up until yesterday there were reasons that could be given (some might call them excuses) for our lowly position. The fans were still on board with Pardew, singing his name for the first 45 minutes. You could feel the attitude change completely in that second half and the bitterness in the pubs after was tangible.

Big test for Ashley this next 2 weeks. I don't think he'll change anything while the window is open.

Good post. Nearly everything bad on the pitch came through Shola and Williamson. I'm hoping 2 new players will turn the fortunes around for the hard work from the rest of the team. Cisse just needs his confidence back and could have had a first half hatrick, Marveaux looked like he could be Jonas long term replacement and Cabaye played one of his best games of the season . If Pards wanted to tighten things up he should have brought Taylor on if anyone

Good post. Nearly everything bad on the pitch came through Shola and Williamson. I'm hoping 2 new players will turn the fortunes around for the hard work from the rest of the team. Cisse just needs his confidence back and could have had a first half hatrick, Marveaux looked like he could be Jonas long term replacement and Cabaye played one of his best games of the season . If Pards wanted to tighten things up he should have brought Taylor on if anyone

Shola looked like Maradonna...I mean maradonna now though, not back in the day.

"The players and fans don't want to see a great player go off and they didn't know he was injured so that was a difficult call for me because that negativity spread around the stadium and to the players. That's what happens when you are down the bottom.

"It was a negative stadium in the second half and there were a lot of boos when the players were trying to do their best."

He can fuck right off with blaming the fans for the negativity.

"The players and fans don't want to see a great player go off and they didn't know he was injured so that was a difficult call for me because that negativity spread around the stadium and to the players. That's what happens when you are down the bottom.

"It was a negative stadium in the second half and there were a lot of boos when the players were trying to do their best."

He can fuck right off with blaming the fans for the negativity.

CT praised his press efforts very early on but for me this is almost as bad as his tongue going up his employers arse on a regular basis. Bad PR move on his part and clearly showing a man under pressure.

And while we're on sigs, is Andrew getting a percentage of his work into that game he worked on? Otherwise why advertise it for the company that pedalled him? :unsure2:

I've still got my Christmas avatar man, more a case of laziness than anything else

The crowd was totally negative because of what Pardew did so he has to take responsibility for that. I believe it wasn't just the substitutions but I also suspect his half time team talk was all about keeping it tight and holding what we had. This led to the considerably more cautious display right from the off in the second half.

His fear started the rot and his ridiculous substitutions finished us off.

I also heard yesterday that Pardews tactical input from the sidelines was (as it has been on every occasion he's played this season) was to scream for the defenders to "hit Shola" every time they got ball. That simply isn't good enough!

A Sunday League player wouldn't have let his man get in front of him like Willo did for that first goal

Sunday league players and managers must get fucking sick of being compared to every shit professional footballer and every bollock they drop.