Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Not really. He's powerful when he's at full speed but otherwise a total tart. That's not really footballing ability though. His passing, shooting, control, ability to read the game, tackling. All shocking. Probably why he gets stuck out on the wing for club and country despite apparently being a CM. Less of a liability there. I wouldn't want him even as back up next year. He's painful to watch

Well they're not going to be stupid enough to let him rot in the reserves when you could get a pretty decent fee for him so it's all moot

I'm not sure what that agent statement is meant to do. We all think he's a cunt and personally I don't care if he leaves or is forced to see out his contract playing for NUFC U-21's, so having his agent whinge like a fucking baby acting like the bloke is some hard working loyal player despite the fact he's the opposite on both counts isn't going to help anything.

It's sales patter, basically. The truth doesn't really come into it

I hope he sets his balls on fire at a summer BBQ. Absolutely scandalous the way he's performed for France at the euros after the shit sarnies he served up for Newcastle last season.

£20-25m minimum considering the fees being tossed about for other players, i'd get a big bid in from china and tell him "go there or get a european club to match it" which they won't

he's a work shy stroppy prick, but he's a starting in a uefa final prick, and still in his early 20's

i'd be happy to keep him next season then let him go for big bucks when we get back up, watch his miserable face turn when he's playing shite teams on cold nights in front of 7k people :lol:

even half arsed he'll be levels above anything he's up against in the championship which will do us no harm.

I think £20-£25m is definitely doable, but if we can get £35m for Moussa Sissoko after he's been publicly shit for years, we've basically won at Football Transfers :lol:

From NUFC TV apparently (via Mark Douglas)

Rafa has been talking about Sissoko to NUFC TV. It’s a Dan King production - we’d advise you to subscribe to the official website here - it really is worth it and it’s not that expensive.

Benitez’s quotes re-affirming what he’s said a few times:

People are talking about this price, this price – we don’t want to sell so we haven’t put any price and we are pleased, we are happy with him.

I appreciate him too much to think about that I will miss him so we know he has done really well and a lot of people will be talking about him.

But we’d like to see him here and that’s it.

I really don't believe that there's any way that Rafa believes he will be playing for us next season. But he's doing exactly the right thing sayiing in public that we don't need to sell him and we don't want to. It's a much better approach to trying to get the most from selling someone than the way Pardew went about things. But then again it's in Rafa's best interests to bring in the most amount of money possible so that he can spend it on the squad. The king was never concerned about that.

:lol: Honestly at the point where I'm sick of people going on about him, the BBC gossip section had 3 stories on him ffs. A bloke that has done absolutely fuck all in his career other than put in what is best described as a workmanlike performance in the European Championship final.

In all honestly the bloke's shite, that final showed about the maximum level of his ability and he contributed what? a few spooned crosses, a completely mis-hit shot and a tame shot on target. As Gingerquiff said on the last page his technical ability is severely lacking, he's a head down runner that only beats people by bowling them over (when he can be arsed), people can point and say "well at a bigger side he'd try more" seems a hell of a risk to take on a 35m signing. He's about to turn 27 as well so he's no longer young, this is basically the max of his ability as a player and he has put in what? 20 good performances in the PL? I think that's being really fair as well.

He's useless when he is given time to do something on the ball (see all of the one on ones he has fucked up for us) which is hardly a trait of a talented player. I've no doubt he could have been a top drawer player if he had grafted hard and trained extra to hone his technique and get used to having time to think on the ball and make correct decisions, instead he spent his time day dreaming about a move to a top side and he's a 27 year old that is one of the worst performers at a Championship club screaming on about how he deserves to be playing in the Champions League :lol:.

One of the stories was from a French newspaper saying "If Mourinho misses out on Pogba he will turn his attention to 35m rated Sissoko" :lol: :lol: That's like saying "ahh well we missed out on Ronaldo let's go and get that Matty Phillips lad". I'm genuinely intrigued how he has managed to get this high reputation, it's astonishing really.

Edited by Howay

After seeing Fish say that he had 7 assists to his name last season (which surprised me), I went slightly Happy Face and looked further into the stats. He was joint 14th in the league in assists which is pretty respectable for someone playing in a relegated team. But he played quite a bit more than a lot of the players above or around him in that list. If you looked at his assists per game, he drops down to 26th out of the top 50. Thats only slightly above Shelvey and lower than Wes Hoolahan (Norwich) and Jordan Veretout (Villa). If you look at his assists per minute played he drops further to 33rd out of the top fifty which has him behind Shelvey and a lot of other players who aren't rated nearly as highly. Unsurprisingly he comes out much worse in terms of goals per game being 47th out of the top 50 assisters (scoring only one goal I didn't comparing to the top goal scorers).

For me the stats don't come close to backing up his own assertations that he should be playing in the champions league.

After seeing Fish say that he had 7 assists to his name last season (which surprised me), I went slightly Happy Face and looked further into the stats. He was joint 14th in the league in assists which is pretty respectable for someone playing in a relegated team. But he played quite a bit more than a lot of the players above or around him in that list. If you looked at his assists per game, he drops down to 26th out of the top 50. Thats only slightly above Shelvey and lower than Wes Hoolahan (Norwich) and Jordan Veretout (Villa). If you look at his assists per minute played he drops further to 33rd out of the top fifty which has him behind Shelvey and a lot of other players who aren't rated nearly as highly. Unsurprisingly he comes out much worse in terms of goals per game being 47th out of the top 50 assisters (scoring only one goal I didn't comparing to the top goal scorers).

For me the stats don't come close to backing up his own assertations that he should be playing in the champions league.

That's canny interesting and gives a much better picture of just how average he really is.

If someone bids even £15 million for him we will be fucking laughing.

Not when we signed Dwight Gayle for £10m. £15m for Sissoko is a bargain.