Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Bent's not shite at all but he's a one trick pony and he's the exact same type of striker to Cisse, althoug he's inferior to him.

We struggled to create chances for Cisse last season so I don't see how the signing of Bent would help us in that regard. I'd be happy with him as direct competition for Cisse if we signed somebody like Remy that could play wide, but definitely not as somebody to play alongside him.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression from watching Cisse every week that Bent has a better ability to stay onside, if you know what i mean.

Think they're about the same, but Bent has more pace.

I get the impression from watching Cisse every week that Bent has a better ability to stay onside, if you know what i mean.

My Gran would have been better at keeping on side than Cisse last season! I can't see him being that bad again.

Any form of competition for Cisse has to be a good thing. Anyone who thinks Bent is below us is being unrealistic, he's a proven premier league striker.

This talk about about Cissé being offside all the time is not that relevant. It would have been different if he was Theo Walcott fast, then you would think he didn't need to be offside that often.

Do you think Pippo Inzaghi would have scored that many goals if he dropped deeper? Of course not. He wasn't a player that preferred to take defenders on, dribble and beat them one on one. Neither is Cissé.

don't see how settling for someone like bent will make me any less furious if we don't sign him.

He's shite we should be doing better, signing him instead of someone better is as annoying as signing fuck all for me.

Will you be saying that on the final day of the window if we don't sign a new striker at all? A very real possibility going on Ashley's previous form.

Going into the season with bent as second choice centre forward is way better than if its still shola.

Obviously I'd rather we aimed a bit higher. But I'd rather we had a different owner too.

Tbh, I think Kinnear may prove to be our biggest signing this summer.

Why on earth did we not buy Bony? He was a bargain at that price.

Watch a compilation of all his goals. I could be wrong but he doesn't exactly look like someone who would be successful over here. A few quality finishes but much of it seemed to be quite scrappy. That said, if he was signing for us I'd probably be saying something different.

I just think £13 mil is a bit much for a fairly unproven striker who has had one good season at a mediocre team in the Dutch League. Bony seems more of an Alfonso Alves than a Luis Suarez to me.

If someone got up with him so he could link play then he might not be over reliant on playing on the shoulder. Too many times he was left isolated last season so it was the only option for him. It's no coincidence either that when he went through his rich vein of form it was with Cabaye playing behind him.

yes i will, because i'm used to us being woeful with signings at appropriate times and signing Bent for £5-6m will not make me any happier we didn't sign someone better, i'd rather get fuck all and be able to moan properly than have someone bring up "but we signed bent!" everytime we point out we didn't replace Ba.

He's not worth the £5m+ wages, there's players we could get for the same with more potential who are younger.

The money £5m or more needs to go on a Ba replacement, not an "it'll do in the meantime to fuck people up"

I'd take bent over shola. He's not that bad. Limited player but a good goal scorer over the years.

Shola could be playing for Nigeria in South Africa just three days before our opening fixture. Here's hoping that any potential problem with Cisse and the Wonga deal is sorted out by then.

Edit: We're actually a Monday night kick off so not as bad.

Edited by ewerk

Gah!

Getting painful now, we're going to have to kick them out of the club. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!.

So say we get Bent,Remy,Sinclair and this Rolando gadge, and let Perch,Shola,Gosling and Simpson go, would that be a good summers business?...things can and will go wrong,but I think the only purchase that's at all doubtful of those 4 at the moment is Remy, due to his wages. Bents wages will be set off by a low fee, theres no way any fucker will pay 8mill. Am not really sure what folks are hoping for, we've been told not to expect too much after Januarys splurge. Am not suggesting that all is completey well and good, but there weren't too many complaints on Feb 1st. The cuckoo in the nest is Kinnear this time round, so we'll have to see how it all pans out with him at the helm.

New lady fitness coach signed. :)

Pardew recruits famed fitness guru Downey in bid to end Newcastle's injury woes
Newcastle United have made a significant summer signing by hiring performance director Faye Downey as a fitness consultant.
Boss Alan Pardew has taken on the strength and conditioning coach to try to stop a repeat of last season’s numerous injuries.
Newcastle lost the spine of their squad at crucial points and struggled with a Europa League campaign in which they reached the last eight.
Downey helped the England rugby team prepare for the last two World Cups, worked with Leicester Tigers and London Irish, and trained British athletes before the Athens Olympics in 2004. She also coaches teenage British tennis player Oliver Golding.