Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports News reporting us and Spurs talking to Remy. Thought he was up for rape? (Allegedly)

He was up for it, but just didn't have the time as he had to get up sharp for training the next day.

He was up for it but saw a fat ginger out of the corner of his eye and went from being like a baby's arm holding an apple to a soggy baby carrot in the blink of an eye.

Been linked with Arouna Kone today on that Sports Direct News website, the same one that said we had went for Rooney...

Obviously, Ed Harrison on NufcBlog has put it on his site, as he seems to report every rumour no matter the credibility of the source. It has also appeared on VitalWigan and now the Shields Gazette. Doubt that will happen, he was meant to have signed for Everton anyway.

Finally a player that I actually like. that said there's fook all chance of him coming here as he makes our Muslim players look non-religious. Rumour has it he doesnt often make it through a full training session as he breaks for prayers.

Wonga will put an end to this though.

I have no idea how people have time to do shite blogs like that site/sit on twitter all day, really "transfer news" going through our main page would be good, as it happens etc, but who has the time, and for the most part they're just ripping off someone elses post and c&pasting the article in.

Websites like that and those blogs on twitter are shite attempts to make money anyway, "come see our blog... and the 123423423 adverts surrounding it", his has 16 on the main page for example, that other gimp "nufc fans" main page is over 12mbs in size :lol: most of it ad's and video ad's and such, insane.

Nufc fans used a video I put on Twitter when Ben Arfa trapped that cross field ball under his foot, can't remember the game, but it was the 11/12 season. They put a link out, would be making money and didn't even credit me or ask for permission. You are right though, they must just sit there looking for it all day during the windows, seeing what news that can source from where.

I tend to use Newsnow.co.uk when sat at work and check every couple of hours, if a number of sites are reporting it then I will take it seriously, coincidently that Kone rumour is being reported by the Chronicle, BBC and SkySportsNews. Whether they are just using the VitalWigan site as a source, who knows.

I like to use Sporting Life as it has its own dedicated transfer page and lists the confirmed ins and outs down each side of it. SSN etc. are awful to follow on Twitter because they just throw any old shite out; at least with SL, it's presented in a nice, clean way. For instance, I had no idea Chelsea released Benayoun until I popped on there.

Kone is canny like, he'll pick Everton anyway but if we were to get him I'd hope we'd bring in another striker. As J69 just said though if he comes in that'll be it for us on the striker front.

He's not a Ba replacement but he's a good addition.

He's a better finisher than Gouffran,and has a bit more guile about him. He can run with the ball better than Cisse as well. Kone would definitely offer us a new dimension in attack, but I'd be worried about having him as our lone striker were Cisse to be injured.

I'm holding judgement on this signing though, as I imagine the minimum we'd give him would be a 3 year deal, meaning he's 32 when he's in his final year. He's a bit of an unknown quantity having had only one season in the Premier League so £5 mil and the wages required to beat Everton and the Martinez link might be too much.

I'd go for him if the wages weren't too high, and I'd prefer a 2 year deal.